[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems to me that the word "normie" has begun to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1484419584353.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1484419584353.png
208KB, 807x935px
It seems to me that the word "normie" has begun to be used in various contexts across the boards, and the internet in general. I ask /r9k/, the location of the genesis of the word, one simple thing:

define "normie"
>>
>>37569158
A normie is a person that doesn't have any social disabilities and can interact with society normally.
>>
>>37569158
The definition varies.

Some anons will give you the good ol': "If you can fit into a society without sticking out too much, you're a normie."

But some will look into it deeper and realize that you're not a normie just because someone's better than you at faking a personality. But in that case, you're not a robot either, obviously. I suppose this is where terms such as cyborg and failed normie get into the mix.
>>
>>37569221
Then what do you say to those who use the word as a way to describe someone who is inept, lacks a deeper awareness, and falls short of success in whatever they are trying to accomplish?
>>
>>37569158
I've always defined it as not just someone who easily fits into society, but also somebody who succeeds in society because they conform to it.
>>
>>37569158
>the location of the genesis of the word
/r9k/ in no way invented the word, normalfag was in use long before normie. Either way though, normies are simply people that fit into societies definition of normal, people who go about a normal life interacting with others without too much trouble and doing their best to conform to societies expectations of them.
>>
A successful and happy person that can form relationships with other people.
>>
>>37569158
Normie as contrary of a robot
Let's begin with the Normie behavior
>self improve
he wants to get better at stuff even if its useless like gym or studying even if he has average intelligence or doesn't make any improvement at all.
>Positivism
very positive and will try to enforce his positive views with the ones around him even if they don't like it.
>Talkative
Can't spend a moment of his life in silence and feels the need to talk to everyone around him.
>Hivemind,Sheep
Will use the trend stuff,talk about trends,think the same that his friends think and can't think by himself.Listens and believes firmly mainstream media.
>What the normie hates.
People who doesn't think like him (people who doesn't talk too much,or people who likes to be alone) he will try to make him change or bully him.
Hates people who make fun of disabled people,hates racists,negative people,bad people,people who disagrees with "society views",hates piracy,hates peolle who doesn't greet,sexism,animal abuse
It's like that ape experiment if you put something different in an ape and throw him back into the cage with the rest of them they will hurt him and exclude him.

>What the normie likes
To express the obvious,tiping,give shallow advice,read self improvement books,agree with women,equality,pets,smiling,dumb tv shows,marrying,
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.