[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CANADA IS GETTING 15 DOLLAR MINIMUM WAGE AND ALL THOSE RETAR

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 16

File: image.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
CANADA IS GETTING 15 DOLLAR MINIMUM WAGE AND ALL THOSE RETARDS THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA

https://youtu.be/9A9alUQxhwE
>>
Bump to kill Canada
>>
Who fucking cares faggot. Kill urself.
>>
>>37567948
What is wrong with a minimum wage?
>>
>>37567994

Nothing when it rises relative to the cost of living but they're making a massive jump on the minimum wage which is going to make it harder for people who actually contribute to society to get by.

I shouldn't have to pay more money to live so that some tard at McDonald's can make 15$/hour, no one else's wages are going to go up, just the retards.
>>
>>37568099
>>37567994
>nothing when its relative to the cost of living

wrong

minimum wage is one of the most egregious price control since it criminalizes the voluntary contract of labor in exchange for wages for everyone whose labor is worth less than minimum wage

minimum wage hurts way more people than it helps

raising the minimum wage does not make businesses who pay an employee 7.25/hr now 15/hr

that employees wage is not worth 15/hr and no amount of laws is going to change the reality of the market and that person is never going to be paid 15/hr unless their capabilities/skills increase
>>
>>37568164
>we should let people be used like slaves in China and children clean chimneys for THE MARKET!

lolbertarians never cease to amaze me
>>
File: 1491329610533.jpg (119KB, 786x733px) Image search: [Google]
1491329610533.jpg
119KB, 786x733px
GiBE ME MY CANADIAN GREEN CARD YOU FUCKING CANUCK
>>
>>37567948
the video just mentioned ontario's which is already 11.40 an hour. Presuming this is implememnted over several years, then by the time its fully implemented then it wouldnt be that much than if the 11.40 had been tied to inflation. It's also one city woth a generally high cost of living so Im not be pissed off.
Illionois on the other hand pisses me off
>>
>>37568351
you dont get it

someone whose labor is worth 5$ an hour is unemployed or working for free as an intern right now

there is nothing you can do that can make a business pay someone more than theyre worth

they just wont hire them

someone who is making 7.25 now would be unemployed if you raised the min wage to 15
>>
Has raising the minimum wage ever been bad for the economy?

Data only, no feelings please.
>>
>>37568518
In the civilised world these people are given a safety net and the ability to go to school for free to increase their value. Instead you would rather they be thrown on the side of the street to starve or be chained in a sweatshop

This is why anybody who has experienced a lick of hardships don't take libertarians seriously
>>
>>37568164
>wage labor and the capitalist system are voluntary
>>
>>37567948
Great...Now we can get taxed out the ass even more.
And justine gets to have his trips and baseball games and fancy restaurants.
>>
>>37568618
No. The only idea against increasing the minimum wage relies on the principles of supply-side economics. Which is pretty fucking stupid.

Increasing the minimum wage will help bring about more spending power to more of the lower class, which will permit them to buy more goods from businesses, which makes the business more profit, which allows them to sell goods at cheaper prices and hire more employees (or pay the employees even more) and the cycle continues. A positive feedback loop.

>>37568518
People will never be paid as much as they're labor is worth; only less.
>>
>>37568619
Strawman the post

Nothing you have said justifies the minimum wage.

You are pricing people out of the labor market. This is Econ 101. You set a binding price floor on the labor market which creates a surplus of labor at that price floor which prices low skill workers out of the labor market making them go unemployed

You are literally only hurting poor people by instituting a minimum wage

Stop strawmanning

>>37568689
Labor, just like every scarce resource, has no inherent worth. Labor is only worth as much as the market decides in finding the equilibrium between supply and demand.

>>37568632
It is. Go cry about le evil capitalism on reddit.
>>
>>37568689
bogpill me on supply side economics. They never really seem concerned with improving the purchasing power of the middle class.
>>
>>37568689
>Increasing the minimum wage will help bring about more spending power to more of the lower class

No it doesn't. The lower class will just go unemployed if you increase min wage. No business will pay these low skill 7.25/hr workers 15/hr.
>>
>>37567948
Why isn't minimum wage progressive, like McDonalds employing some hundreds of thousands of people should be expected to pay a good wage but a business of about 50 people is expected to follow the sames rules why?
>>
>>37568801
that's almost certainly unconstitutional.... would violate 14A EPC
>>
>preaching "muh free market" to a board entirely comprised of enlightened NEETs on the dole

go peddle your ideology elsewhere, porky brainlets
>>
>>37567948
I'm comfy over here in America
>>
Maybe the reason there's so many poor people nowadays is because it's very easy to keep them alive. Medicine works miracles it never did before.

Perhaps growth in technology, medical and manufacturing through robotics will make low-wage work obsolete altogether. Hell, robots are soon gonna replace doctors and lawyers. I'm not talking like, 30 years from now, there's a good chance in about 5 years we'll be seeing 2 million truck drivers in america out of work. What's to say in 10 years your medicinal recommendations won't be somehow decided through a computer with an AI? Why pay doctors so much, the bot can fucking do it, and better, too. What about big CEO's? What's to say an AI can't replace that?

What are we gonna do then?
>>
>>37568920

The rich will probably get richer while everyone fights for the scraps.

Kind of like every other point in history.
>>
>>37568801
You do realize forcing McDonalds to pay their workers more will result in them employing substantially less people? You're literally just using the law to force people out of their jobs because you lefties are too retarded to read an Econ textbook

>>37568868
Wanting the government to not fuck over your life isn't an ideology
>>
>>37568920
Marx's vision: Communism
>>
>>37568976
Shit, they don't even have to send men to fight anymore, we have drones that can navigate themselves, find a target and blow that shit up at the push of a button.
>>
I don't get people who are against raising min wage. We're all wageslaves why do you defend the wagemasters. Fucking house niggers piss me off.
>>
>>37568733
>Labor has no worth
Not surprising the guy opposing a minimum wage increase knows nothing about economics.

>>37568734
Basically, the idea is that if the the rich get richer, they will invest more of their money into businesses, investments, and will ultimately create even more wealth and productivity. The surplus wealth will "trickle down".

In practice, this doesn't work worth a shit. They invest their extra money into their off shore bank accounts.

>>37568760
Actually many countries already do pay them higher than their local equivalent of the 7.25. It does not lead to unemployment.
>>
>>37569023
lol cringing

go post about your failed ideology on reddit kid

>>37569040
Do you honestly think someone who is now paid 7.25/hour would magically just get paid 15/hour if you raise the minimum wage? Are you really that fucking stupid?

>>37569079
Please, calculate the inherent worth of your labor for me :)

>It does not lead to unemployment
Yes it does
>>
>>37567948
>a complete retard
>obviously poor
>literally missing teeth
>neoliberal
lol he is a fucking joke.
>>
>>37567948
>Canadian money already worth less than USD
>will be worth even less now
At least they have their diversity and multiculturalism
>>
>>37569131
serious though I'd like your opinion on the whole "everyone's jobs are fucking disappearing" without saying communism at least doesn't appear like a good idea.

I mean really what's the alternative?
>>
>>37568452
this. the proposed increase is barely adequate for counteracting inflation and it's still not enough for anything other than sharing a studio with a roommate, eating and transportation. Barely enough to survive.

Also if you're stuck at a min. wage job, good luck getting an education, it's literally impossible to ever escape this fucking trap.
>>
>>37569131
That's more than double, which is a bit extreme. Raising it doesn't have to go that far. You could give them $10
>>
>>37568977
McDonalds nor any singular entity should be responsible for employing that many people, nothing should be too big to fail.

Not to mention you ignore that local small business can now hire those people.
>>
>>37568851
How can it possibly be unconsitutional when its technically true right now, its just there is a single threshold.
>>
>>37569348
Right, just make enough people go unemployed that no one will care of complain :)

>>37569359
nothing is too big to fail

just don't bail them out, it's that easy, but thanks for giving your enlightened social planner opinion about how many voluntary contracts of labor are permissible and how many aren't :)

>>37569407
It wouldn't pass the rational basis test because there's no rational reason to punish McDonalds while favoring other businesses

>>37569198
there's no problem yet until unemployment starts going up and once that happens those who go unemployed will have less money and will then choose to have less kids and the population will self-correct until unemployment is low again

there's no problem
>>
>>37569131
>Please, calculate the inherent worth of your labor for me :)
The best way to measure your productive labor would be using your skills and the average set of tools available to produce, and the quality and quantity of goods produced in that time would be worth of your labor.

The point being, goods can't be produced without labor, and hence labor has within it an inherent value.
>>
>>37569538
>there's no problem
keep chanting that, the magic hand of the market will fix everything
>>
>>37569538
No just something reasonable that doesn't break the bank and benefits people. Stop being so extreme and falling for fear tactics.
>>
I don't know if anyone in this thread has mentioned this yet, but raising the minimum wage is bad not only because it can increase the cost of living, but also because it increases unemployment. There's a way to visualize this using supply and demand, but basically, if firms have to pay entry-level workers more, this will simply decrease the amount of entry-level workers firms are willing to hire.
>>
>>37568977
>You do realize forcing McDonalds to pay their workers more will result in them employing substantially less people?

Not really. There's an absolute limit to how far down you can pare your labor, because at some point you do need people to actually man the registers or you lose business. McDonald's is a great example of that because it's a business with rushes around meal times, and frankly, if you're not going through customers fast enough some of them will drive away and go somewhere else. You do lose business that way.

No business hires more people because it has more money, more people are hired when there's more work to be done. People do get laid off to deal with shortfalls, but no employer in the history of ever has said "Wow, we made 20 million dollars more this year than we thought we would, let's hire 20 million dollars worth of more staff. I don't know what they'll be doing here, but let's just hire them!"

Layoffs are not an entirely empty threat, but it's one that doesn't need to be feared as much as everyone pretends it should be, especially in industries that minimum wages affect the most like service industry stuff where you literally can't outsource the labor, you either pay for the local or you just don't have someone doing that work. In places where these hikes have been tried, lives have improved and few jobs have been lost.

I think this general fear of government is misplaced. Government itself is not bad, what's bad is croney capitalism, which is what we have; plutocrats buy our candidates and then use government to enforce their agenda on the rest of us. If you have a realistic plan for running some ungoverned society, do tell, otherwise the only chance the average person has isn't to run from government, but to run into it, and win it back. Otherwise all is lost to the oligarchy.
>>
They haven't kept up with paying the people enough since the 70s in just about everywhere, so go fuck yourself OP.

Average pay is twice what fulltime getting 15 would give you, murka it's about 50 grand a year anyway. People will still compete over vagina and if you want a family you'll still want to earn twice as much. You're a faggot bootlicker if you do not agree.
>>
>>37569538
>there's no rational reason to punish McDonalds while favoring other businesses

Why isn't sheer size and impact a rational reason? You'd get more injured if hit by a speeding Humvee than a speeding tricycle, wouldn't you? And that's exactly why you need a license to operate the former, not the latter.

The only problem there is that the exact cutoff between a "large" and "small" business is fuzzy and will feel arbitrary no matter where it is. But it seems clear to me that the hot dog stand business being pushed around New York City by a Pakistani guy is not in the same plane of existence as Goldman Sachs, and that pretending they're basically the same in any way is as irrational as it gets.
>>
>>37568099
There's only so many mcdonald jobs to go around though, and they make so much profit it'll only be hurting mcdonlds and such. Of which would stop the spread of their stores, and the new jobs being created. You'll just have to get an educatiion to get work easier. As it is, minimum wage aint even livable so it shouldn't even exist as it is POINTLESS.
>>
>>37569538
You do understand it is extremely easy to grow in population in this era of medicine. The people will be there. The population will not shrink as fast as the economy. There will be billions of people who cannot participate in labor and exchange living in designated shitting streets all over the world.
>>
>>37569913
Of course, there's a limit to how much they can pare down their labor. But there's no evidence, or reason to believe, that that limit has been reached yet.

And even if, hypothetically speaking, it weren't possible for companies to hire less people, then this would simply lead to a lot of firms running out of business.

The bottom line is this: in order for a firm to stay in business, its revenues must exceed its variable costs (labor, rent payments, etc.). So if their variable costs increase to the point where they exceed the companies revenues, then they have to cut back on their variable costs. If they can't do that, then they have to go out of business.
>>
>>37567948
>>37568164
>>37568662
>>37568801
>>37568885
>>37569150
>>37569181

It's only one province

also this fucking idiot

>>37568164
>>37568518
>>37568760
>>37569131

Give shove a book up your ass you mumbling retard, there is no one nowhere in Canada who is paying 7.25$ an hour. It's already at least 10$ an hour if not already 12 or 13$. Even the shittiest provinces. This isn't like America where people get paid 3 dicks an hour and are expected to survive on tips and food stamps and church charity.

http://www.retailcouncil.org/quickfacts/minimum-wage

Ontario's increase to 15$ is 3 dollars and some change.

fucking idiots, I swear on my maple syrup poutine.
>>
It is a good fucking idea you retard.
>>
>>37570073
oh and

>>37569181

Canada is jealous of America's diversity and multiculturalism :^)
>>
File: 1263984066634.jpg (14KB, 281x307px) Image search: [Google]
1263984066634.jpg
14KB, 281x307px
>>37569886
This is true in theory, but it's never been proven in practice. Areas that increase the minimum wage don't see an increase in unemployment. The most recent example is Seattle: they adopted the 15$ min wage too, and unemployment is going down, not up.

It's also worth noting that min wage in the 50s was worth more in purchasing power than it is right now, and unemployment was also less of an issue back then.
>>
>>37569886
You think firms hire people out of good will. As soon as they stop needing them they get rid of them. Look at all the past jobs that were replaced by technology.
The cost of living will increase regardless, because of inflation. The whole point of raising it is to keep it in line with the increased cost of living.
Also, read the damn thread
>>
>>37567948

Australia has a similar minimum wage and we just achieved the world record for the longest continuous period without a recession in history

just sayin
>>
>>37569886
>>37570446

One can consider entry level workers as an inelastic good to some degree

Companies will always need entry level workers and so will pay them the cost no matter what it is, this is why it does not increase unemployment
>>
Lel, just when you think Canada can't get any stupider they go and prove us wrong again. How long will they keep pretending to be retarded though? It was cute at first but quickly got old. Now they are hurting themselves for no reason. After a point it's just sad,like I think it's a joke but can't really tell type situation.
>>
>>37570160
I can't think of anything good from it. It means we get less money because employees are paid more than they should be. Minimum wage is retarded to begin with. People won't work for less than they are worth. If both parties accept in is a fair deal. I don't see corporations lobbying for a minimum purchase law.
>all transactions must be at least $20
Not happening, instead we see incentives in form of discount, free shipping, and worst case scenario, refusal of purchase.
>>
>>37570664
>People won't work for less than they are worth.

Are you posting from a planet where people don't need to eat?
>>
File: minimum_wage_unemployment.png (41KB, 1906x870px) Image search: [Google]
minimum_wage_unemployment.png
41KB, 1906x870px
This is why raising the minimum wage leads to unemployment
>>
>>37567948

oh yeah? give me 19 good reasons it's a bad decision
>>
Lmao I've got a bachelor's degree and I don't even make 15$. I do 14$, fuck the canadian peso. FUCK CANADA.
>>
>>37570831

If you had stayed for the second economics class they would have told you about inelastic demand

This is why places that raise the minimum wage do not see a rise in unemployment in real life as >>37570446 says
>>
>>37570751
What a silly question, of course people eat here. I am posting from Earth if you are really curious though.
>>
>>37570892
>>37570537
True, I concede. However, I still think that raising the minimum wage still may have negative consequences, but obviously I know very little about economics, so if I'm wrong, please explain why. If firms are making less profit, that means they have less money that they can use to expand their business, thus leading to a decrease in economic growth. Or, firms might just increase prices, which is also bad. Now just because raising the minimum wage has economic downsides, that obviously doesn't mean that raising the minimum wage is a bad idea, but I think it's important to understand the unintended consequences of raising the minimum wage.
>>
>>37570837
i studied economics
basically means there will be less jobs
and something like.. trying to remember, but like, the less money overall the money makers make, the less cash flow being reinvested into the system, so overall the economy will be worse
>>
>>37571048
This is implying if business A doesn't have enough funds to buy a certain plot of land to expand their operations no one will. The wealthier business B will just come in and snatch up the plot and the market will move on.
Prices aren't going to raise linearly with the increase in minimum wage. Companies like McDonalds would need to raise the price of their items by cents and they'd still be fine.
>>
>>37571048
>If firms are making less profit, that means they have less money that they can use to expand their business
Having extra money doesn't mean that your firm is gonna expand. For expansion to happen, there has to be both a demand and a will from the management, and that's often not the case. Take Apple and Microsoft for example.They both make a gigantic amount of money, yet they're not exactly rushing to use it to expand and create jobs everywhere. They just store it. They could lose half of their profit right now, and they wouldn't need to shrink or increase price to make up for it. More money for corporations doesn't mean more jobs, it just means more profit for shareholders.
>>
>>37571048

As you have identified now we are getting in to some complicated areas of theory and the truth is nobody is quite sure. If there was an objective answer on the optimal minimum wage we would just do that and ideology would not come in to play.

Yes firms will make less profit and thus grow at a slower rate. But also workers will have more money and spend more money, which will grow the economy too.

But also it's important to consider that income inequality is getting worse and worse and it is probably in society's interest to transfer more wealth to the poorest to avoid catastrophic social unrest
>>
File: 1446632284715.jpg (68KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1446632284715.jpg
68KB, 668x712px
Rich, spoiled bitch who was given everything to him from birth complains because his spoiled living style is going to be shared by more of his fellow citizens.

Fuck off you over-privileged bitch. Higher minimum wage + weed legalization. VIVE LA FRANCE!
>>
>>37570892
Also, I was just reading about the minimum wage http://minimum-wage.procon.org/. And a lot of economists say that when the minimum wage is increased, it does, in fact, lead to entry-level workers getting laid off and working less hours. So I think it's debatable whether or not entry-level jobs are inelastic. Especially considering the fact that automation threatens to replace a lot of entry-level jobs.

>>37571142
Having extra money doesn't mean that a firm is going to expand, but in order to expand, firms need money. So if firms make less money, it will limit the amount of money they have to expand their business, and may potentially lead to a decrease in economic growth.

>>37571135
Of course, but if the cost of labor increases, then this decreases the amount of money that all business hiring entry-level workers make, which means that overall, companies will have less money to use to expand their business. Again, this is not necessarily a bad thing. I wouldn't mind a slight decrease in economic growth if it means that a lot of people will be lifted out of poverty. However, to reiterate what I said before, I think it's important to understand all of the consequences of raising the minimum wage.
>>
>>37571142

not quite true either, firms can spend money to create demand through marketing, expand in to new geographic areas or improve the efficiency of their current processes

you hit a point of diminishing returns as you have identified with mega corporations, but you'd be hard pressed to find a small business that couldn't make good use of some extra cash
>>
Literally none of this even matters, the country is going to collapse once HALF of the goddamn population dies in like 10-20 years.
>>
>>37569538
>those who go unemployed will have less money and will then choose to have less kids
doesn't work like that. wealthy people are statistically shown to have LESS kids while the poor are shown to have MORE. why do you think wealthy nations are experiencing declining birth rates while the blacks and muslims and mexicans breed like crazy?
>>
>>37571105
>like, the wealth won't, like, trickle down anymore, you know what i mean?
so THIS is the power of an economics degree.
>>
>>37568689
Then why not raise the minimum wage forever if it's really a positive feedback loop?

And did you forget about those that have less so that you can raise the wage? You are not creating new jobs, you are moving jobs around and killing profitability while you're at it.
>>
>>37571713
i didnt say i had a degree i took 2 classes and barely remembered the concept
the majority opinion being raising minimum wage means less work
>>
File: 1483887461923.png (218KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1483887461923.png
218KB, 604x453px
I'm so sick of this bullshit propaganda. Lower it then you bastards, and see if shit improves.
>>37570446
Thanks for not falling for propaganda like every other child on the Internet, and old brain dead fuckers that are too old to work minimum wage anyway.

>>37570892
>inelastic demand
You know, just because rich people speak fancy doesn't make what they say true. Fucking white rabbit buzz word hypnotism. No one ever tries it because paying people fairly kills competition, and commies reeee even though raising it to a livible wage is not even that high at all. Most people don't even work minimum wage. The propaganda is such bullshit. Idiots listen to pretentious college majors grammar, then feel like idiots and stop using common fucking sense. Literally not everyone works as it is. Unemployment is always like 30 percent and up due to old people. It never goes up nor down much. Literally rich people talk out their asses because they don't care because it's not like they were going to work again for min wage. It's jealousy. How DARE the next gen have it easier, is their real motive. If you wanted to fix the economy you'd nuke police's retire pay, because about 75 percent of tax money goes to them all over for retiring after just ten years, in the US anyway. And SSI. Put old fuckers in homeless shelters, rather than let them suck life out of society. if in your old age you've got no friends to rely on, you're a shit person anyway odds are, and you don't deserve your 700 minimum auto-check for being an old asshole, nor does some guy that locked up non-violent criminals every day, to turn them into slaves via probation, deserve to retire with half pay after ten years. You could change a fuck ton to shak things up, but raising min wage is no big deal, aside from those just starting out in life mostly. It'd literally just help the youth get on their feet. And if that seatle shit is true it'd give them motive to get a job.

Le rant over.
>>
>>37571279
Sounds like you goy- guys need more immigration to replace that aging population! I've got all these doctors and lawyers from Syria that would fit in with everybody just fine!
>>
>>37567948
>all the retards ITT that think its a good idea to raise minimum wage
did none of you idiots take basic econ in highschool?
>>
>>37571999
fucking retard, he's AGREEING with you about raising minimum wage. try looking up what a term means next time before getting triggered and writing a big dumb incoherent wall of text
>>
This is great for US because now we'll see how well it works.

Then we can copy them if they have success, and know to avoid it if they fail.
>>
>>37572128
One. I did look it up. Two, not the anon he was talking to. The tone of his response to the other anon seemed to imply that he didn't. If he agreed, then why does something not elastic sound like an economy that cannot be tweaked? Of which, I've heard that from economic teachers, that no one can control the economy. Because of me looking up the word, I didn't read his second line of text, ironically, and it seems like a dumb term that means the oppostie of what it should.I was too busy then writing that shit out to look back at what he finished typing. You may notte that my first sentence up there, was before I even read his post to click on it, the thread already had me getting ready to rant.
>>37572093
I actually took an economics class in college faglord. Doesn't mean that I get programmed into believing what they bullshit about.
>>
>>37570160
What is inflation.
Who is going to pay for the workers and who is going to take up the shifts.
Good luck with ever opening a mom and pop shop.
>>
>>37571999
>>37572355
But I mean, there is some evidence that raising the minimum wage does increase unemployment. The only reason why it wouldn't would be if the demand for low-wage jobs was inelastic. But again, there's evidence to the contrary. I don't think it's rational to dismiss criticisms of raising the minimum wage as "white rabbit buzz word hypnotism."
>>
>>37567994
Toronto is on a quest to crash the Canadian economy due to the countless retarded economic decisions they repeatedly make. They're large enough in Canada to bring us all down.
>>
>>37567948
What are you going to do when it works out just fine and Canada continues to have a better quality of life than the US?
>>
>>37568977
>Continually implying the demand for labor is completely elastic
>>
>>37569538
Except the poor seem to have the most kids and the middle class and rich do not
>>
>>37574267
probably jewish trickery
>>
>raise min. wage to X
>employer raises costs of services to Y to counterbalance
>the "benefited" employee has the same spending power he had before the raise of min. wage.
why commies cant into money?
>>
Why is it so bad? Companies will push for automation which will give everyone UBI (didn't watch vid btw)
>>
File: 1489728550852.jpg (31KB, 590x427px) Image search: [Google]
1489728550852.jpg
31KB, 590x427px
Raising the minimum wage takes money away from billion dollar corporations and gives it to the poor.

People think this is bad. I want off this ride.
>>
>>37571105
Except there's a wealth accumulation at the top which is why they have billions of dollars. It's not being reinvested into the system.
>>
>muh ebil curpurashuns
>yeah bro down wit tha system!!!
utterly embarassing
>>
>>37575564
>wah wahh why do people have more money than me
>gibs me dat
>>
>>37571353
birthings are directly more correlated to child mortality rate and education. The more your sure your child wont die young, the less kids you'd have.
>>
>>37571215
No one gives a shit about weed dingus
>>
15 is too low. it should be 20 dollars per hour to be honest
>>
>>37575602
What about jobs that already make $20/hr? Because there are a lot of jobs that require far more labor and skill who pay $20/hr.

Seems kinda unfair to put burger flippers on the same level as say a real estate salesperson. I'd think people a bit higher up in the working class would feel the heat.
>>
>>37568164
ok, so what is supposed to discourage the disproportionately large working class from buying guns, killing you and your family, and taking your shit when they start to starve to death due to not accepting the unfair conditions of the "voluntary" contract?
>>
>>37575571
Ppl shld starv so i cn b ritch
>>
>>37575756
thats right bucko
>>
>>37575678
chef work takes more skill than real estate salesmen. you don't even need to know basic math to do real estate, just the vague concept of voodoo economics and a lot of charisma. that's why most of them are GED high school drop outs
>>
>>37575764
Good. Now that we've established the correct mentality to have, I'm stealing from the rich by implementing laws and putting it under the guise of helping humanity. Remeber, it's me versus them, boyo.
>>
>>37575766
I think there's a big difference between professional chef work and putting together a McChicken(tm), but that's just my 2 cents.

Besides, I was just giving an example. We could be here all night combing through various jobs that currently pay $20/hr and compare it to jobs that pay minimum wage.
>>
>>37575826
well i haven't worked at mcd's, i worked farm to table desu, but you're probably still doing fast paced manual labor at mcd. main point is that labor theory of value is bullshit. take pizza delivery, drivers pay out of pocket to work a job more dangerous than police work going by job deaths (cars, semi-regular encounters with armed criminals, pizza guys dont have guns) yet they get paid a fuckton less. yal'd be pissed if nobody did that shit anymore.
>>
>>37575794
>transfers assets off shore
woops haha :-)
>>
>>37575917
Table serving and pizza delivery is notoriously known for its shit pay primarily because business owners are in the position to underpay these positions because "you'll make up the rest in tips".

In regards to job safety, that's entirely dependent on location. If you're delivering pizza primarily in rich suburbs, you won't be facing too much on the job danger. The risk involved balances out if you're living in a ghetto where the cost of housing is dirt cheap.

Drones will be replacing pizza delivery boys in the near future anyway, probably faster than truck drivers
>>
>>37576013
>Drones will be replacing pizza delivery boys in the near future anyway
No shit dude, they just replaced beat cops with robots in dubai. automation is gonna kick in no matter what happens, cyberpunk dystopia is now, man.
>>
Seattle is getting hit with that and I want to die. Used to be 9.50.
Got a job that pays 14.75 - 5 bucks over minimum wage.
Soon I will be making minimum wage ($15) which is gonna be like making 9.50 is now.
Fucking retarded.
>>
>>37576074
>cyberpunk dystopia is now, man

I gotta say, I'm kinda excited for this.
>>
>>37576085
>this much false consciousness
the price of things will go up initially until you start spending your extra cash on random bullshit. then consumer capitalism will kick in like the 1950s except without the 90 percent tax rate to pay off wwII.
>>
Weak attempts at making economic judgements aside, isn't there also not a moral principle here? Should we really be ok with people working full time essentially still being dirt poor? Does a person who puts in full time hours every week not deserve to have a minimum of living that is above subsisting off of rice and beans?
>>
>>37576239
>Does a person who puts in full time hours every week not deserve to have a minimum of living that is above subsisting off of rice and beans?
No shit, it'd take it even further. People who don't work have the right to food and shelter as well. legalize most recreational drugs, decriminalize most non-violent crime, then re-purpose prisons as single dorms. keep the beds like capsule hotel beds, no outlets, cable or internet in the rooms sans maybe 1 or 2 usb chargers for phones (forcing non-workers to go to the library for that stuff), regulate and limit electric & water usage (baths only), idiot proof the kitchen area, give food stamps as only income, and boom, you get rid of panhandlers entirely and at the same time give incentive for the unfortunate to get back on their feet ASAP. would even work for neets, probably.
>>
>McDonalds doesnt produce enough profits to pay a higher minimum wage

U wot m8?
>>
>>37568518
Have you ever worked a big boy job, anon?
>>
>tfw you live in a country with much lower unemployment and a ~$15 min wage

Cum on america, step it up
>>
File: 1481544903413.png (206KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1481544903413.png
206KB, 306x306px
>>37567948
>get 16 dollar per hour job
>they raise minimum wage to 15 dollars
>I now make equivalent to minimum wage money
>>
>>37568976
This pretty much. Rich people want you to blame each other and cry that the retards working at McDonald's don't deserve $15 an hour, when it's the rich fucks who don't deserve millions of dollars a year. Fuck rich people. People like to bitch about poor people owning phones and fridges but don't seem to care rich people shit out gold for fun.
>>
>>37577024
Your job is probably easier on either your body or your psyche though, and you possibly don't have to deal with customers who become braindead as soon as they enter the premises.
>>
File: gettyimages-507225740.jpg (581KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-507225740.jpg
581KB, 1280x800px
>mfw people don't realize /r9k/ is socialist
>>
>>37577550
Fuck off normie, /r9k/ transcends politics
>>
>>37577874
>neet bux
>not socialist
Lad.
>>
>>37578545
>neet bux
>From each according to his ability, to each according to his need
Mate.
>>
File: 1496665281814.png (94KB, 622x573px) Image search: [Google]
1496665281814.png
94KB, 622x573px
Time to beanpill yourself!
Buy BITBEAN, the Bitcoin for autists.
>>
>>37578584
My ability is shitposting, all I need for it is food, shelter and internet.
>>
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

all this neocon tears, WORTH IT
>>
>>37568733
If you go beyond Econ 101 you'll find that economic problems have more than one solution.

If adjusting the minimum wage were the only thing the government could do, it would have the effect you described. But if there's a surplus of workers, the government also has the power to loosen fiscal policy (run a bigger deficit) or loosen monetary policy (cut interest rates) both of which increase the demand for workers.

And there are benefits to a higher minimum wage. People who are no good at negotiating get paid significantly more. And businesses have more incentive to mechanize, which ultimately makes them more productive.
>>
>>37578584
>>From each according to his ability, to each according to his need
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1492211928734.gif (2MB, 230x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492211928734.gif
2MB, 230x250px
>>37567948
>caring about Canadian politics in the slightest
>giving a shit about us

That's a new meme dude
>>
File: 1491050696903.png (105KB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
1491050696903.png
105KB, 250x273px
>mfw Canadian fast food becomes automated burger grills connected to a touch pad with a card swipe.
>So many entry-level jobs will be lost.
>More neets because most kids won't be able to learn how to keep a job

Maybe Canada can be the example that the world needs.
>>
>>37580893
>flipping burgers get's you ready to do anything other than be a retarded stoner
>>
>>37568099
It only raises the cost of living because of asshole bosses who won't take a fucking loss.

Capitalism as a whole is real problem though.
>>
File: 1482460964596.gif (890KB, 500x237px) Image search: [Google]
1482460964596.gif
890KB, 500x237px
>>37581127
>so many people work min wage that the cost of living would raise
>mfw
>>
File: 1466884477127.jpg (368KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1466884477127.jpg
368KB, 840x700px
>>37580893
>>37581159
>>37581127
>tfw didn't realise how many did in Canada
>over ten percent do
>murka will use their failure as an exuse not to raise it
>tfw the usa it's only less than 3 percent that do
>>
>>37581255
>Living in a world on the brink of robots replacing most minimum wage jobs
>Not realizing that the only thing that keeps companies from just laying off 80% of their work force is the dwindling-but-substantial cost of automation.
>Wanting to kickstart the process by forcing employees to cost more and giving real incentive to have the employees replaced.
>>
>>37581255
isn't 3% of the american population like 50% of canada
>>
>>37567948
That McDonalds self service board is such a meme.

Fuck this guy in the video, "hurr durr $15 dollar minimum wage would kill jobs." Maybe it would... at McDonalds. Who the fuck wants to work at McDonalds anyway?
>>
>>37567948
Canada is more than just Ontario.
>>
>>37581351
Sounds pretty comfy desu.

Bring on automation and kill these shit jobs.
>>
>>37581444
Not the point. People twist shit that spin propaganda.
>>37581351
Yes, then tax the machines to pay for those 3 percent losers. You don't learn anything from having those jobs, just makes you seem ''''reputable'''' but you could've just volunteered or something. As it is, over 30 percent of the US doens't work, for being underage or too old, so 3 percent doesn't mean jack shit. Basic minimum income NOW NOW NOW NOW REEEEEE
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.