[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people really give a shit when a tragedy happens to someone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: reee.jpg (147KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
147KB, 800x534px
Do people really give a shit when a tragedy happens to someone they don't even know, or are they saying it to sound nice?
>Oh, no. A nigger raped and killed several cumdumpsters. It's so horrible, I feel so sorry for their families.
>Oh no, a retarded teen killed himself. So awful.
You don't know any of those people. How do the deaths of nameless, faceless from your perspective things affect you in any way?
I'm not trying to be edgy, I really don't understand how someone could feel anything for people they don't even know.
>>
For me it depends on how much information is given, and how much I trust the emotional and informational integrity of the source.
>>
>>37556814

Most people are disgusting, cowardly liars. They pretend ofc.
>>
>>37556814
No idea but I don't really care about people or things in general. Death happens all the time, as do accidents or nice events this is just an example, so why care if it happens however many degrees from you or within eyesight? You don't cry about mgombe dying as an 8 year old child soldier strung out on coke but that one guy you knew way back in highschool 30 years ago committed suicide and suddenly you're an emotional wreck?
So and so buys a lottery ticket and feels BAD when they didn't win? You had better chances of being hit by lightning twice than winning that lottery you honestly can't have deluded yourself enough to feel like shit when you didn't win.
I just don't get it all personally.
>>
Some might but I think most are just virtue signalling. It bothers me if something happens to people I care about but if I don't know them I don't really care at all. Like 9/11 didn't bother me any.
>>
My psychologist said people do care, and that I just lack empathy.

So yeah they're not pretending.
>>
File: 1476549939517.png (14KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1476549939517.png
14KB, 225x224px
>>37556814

I'm sometimes sad for fictionnal characters, it probably works the same way, or like those guys who are supporting a basketball team despite not knowing personnally any of those guys.
>>
File: yes.png (261KB, 478x458px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
261KB, 478x458px
It's better to be true to yourself.
>mfw a tragedy occurs
>>
I'm pretty sure they're all pretending, it's just the polite thing to do. It's showing and assuring each other that we're all "good people" and it's not a lot of work after all so why not.
But no I'm pretty sure not counting a few super-empathic weirdos nobody gives a shit about anyone outside their immediate circle of acquaintances.
>>
File: 1496641234042.jpg (167KB, 700x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496641234042.jpg
167KB, 700x1024px
You can all go fuck yourselves. Stories like what you describe break my heart. So, so glad I have a conscience.
>>
>>37557423
For how long do they break your heart, though?
>>
>>37557439
Every time I think of them, anon, no matter how many months or years pass.>>37557439
>>
I don't. How else could I survive in this world with a semblence of sanity with all that's constantly going on? I don't think it should be considered unhealthy not to be too emotionally invested in people outside your "tribe".
>>
>>37556814
I actually don't really care anon, and I know how bad that sounds but like my brain could really care less. If I saw it in person would I care? Yeah I probably would but if I saw it on TV and such it would be harder for me to sympathize with others like that, and I am considered a freak by being like this. Can't help how I feel
>>
>>37556814
I don't, and I don't pretend like I do. I remember even with 9/11, I was in 7th grade, looking around at all the people crying and thinking like, "why are you crying? This doesn't matter to you" because it really doesn't. I don't even care when a lot of times when someone I know dies. Thinking about my dog sitting all alone in my apartment while I'm at work makes me more sad.
>>
I also never understood this. How do those """"strongly affected"""" cope with the fact that around 200 000 people die every single day?
>>
>>37556814
Honestly no one cares about these things, but we read about them and it scares us and we can build hedges to stop it from happening from us or ones we DO care about.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.