[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What modern technologies would you prefer to have never existed?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

What modern technologies would you prefer to have never existed?

I fucking hate modern cellphones, for example. They've destroyed conversation of all kinds and ruined casual speculation, they distract people while insulating them from their immediate environment, etc.

I can't decide if I'm glad the internet exists or not. I wish the internet had stayed in its early-2000s mode, but its current form was probably inevitable from the start. The integration of "real" life with the digital one makes me feel sick and uncomfortable. I can't even imagine how bad the internet of things is going to be.
>>
>destroyed conversation
nigga you can talk with like a billion people all over the world now, what the fuck do you need to talk to weird people on the street for.
Go to any decent bar in any major city and show me how dead good ol fashioned conversations are.
>>
You don't need to uninvent cellphones, just flat screens. If the only display is a CRT then portable computing never becomes popular.
>>
>>37546149
Smart phones saved me a lot pain, instead of awkwardly sitting around randomly staring at people or walking around the school I just put on some headphones and play clash of clans and people leave me alone
>>
>>37546149
So you never wanna get a cute text from a cute girl or even a nude????
>>
I never understood the cellphone thing. People I've known who use their cellphones are able to carry out conversations when they use them
>>
File: anprim.png (2KB, 236x151px) Image search: [Google]
anprim.png
2KB, 236x151px
All of them, literacy was a mistake.
>>
>>37546149
generally same as you, honestly technologically I would have been just fine 50-70 years ago, maybe a little earlier, I just can't take this modern world.
>>
>>37546246

That's because you're a teenage faggot that thinks everyone constantly playing with their phones in a circle is acceptable. You've become accustomed to constant, bite-sized topics that fluctuate with whatever is going on in the little box your faggot friends bring with them everywhere.
>>
How do you even make friends when normies just pop out their phones to talk to the friends they already have?
>>
>>37546238
>cute text
Keats wasted his life and shuda got biz wit dem emoticonz yo
>>
>>37546149
>ruined casual speculation
You know, I think this might be the most offensive part of smartphones. Contrary to what Guinness may think, if I idly ask what the fastest land bird is, I don't actually want an answer.
>>
>>37546477
Keats did waste his life with that garbage though
>>
i hate how hanging out is people staring at their screens.
>>
>>37546149
The internet should have stalled in the late 90's
>>
>>37546647

I feel like the ability to stream video was where everything went wrong.

Had this never happened, the normies would have kept the internet as an ancillary thing they occasionally use to look up facts, instead of an entire cultural platform.
>>
Camera phones and social media. Now you can't do anything without it being recorded and stored forever, and it's only going to get worse. In fact, I'd probably be a much happier person if the internet itself had never existed. This piece of shit keeps me occupied for 16 hours a day and has killed my attention span for anything other than f5ing infinite streams of content every 5 minutes. I can't even watch films or TV series anymore. I would have been forced outside years ago and picked up real hobbies if I didn't have the internet to keep me from getting bored. Whenever I watch videos from the 80s or 90s I wonder how we fucked up so bad. Gen X is probably the peak in all of human history.
>>
Birth control has had the biggest negative impact of all technology. I could do without such bullshit. Had it not been for birth control we'd have world peace and a tech-utopia.
>>
>>37546465

well, ya don't. people become more insular.
>>
>blaming the internet because you're a wreck of a human

>>37546634
seriously what are you noobs doing when you go out? this is not normal.
>>
File: LBQd7.jpg (25KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
LBQd7.jpg
25KB, 500x387px
>>37546149
Social media. It's what led to the modern Stacy/Chad being able to fulfill their attention-seeking bullshit from other Chads and Stacies views/likes/chats
>>
>boohoo technology bad Einstein was a witch and so was tesla :(((((

Fuck off punk. You know this is the only way you are talking to people outside of your immediate family.
>>
>>37546431
I'm a friendless 22 year old anon
>>
>>37546149
Ok Grandpa, time to go for your nap.
>>
>>37547254
Nope, probably the opposite. Are you retarded?
>>
>>37546149
>I fucking hate modern cellphones, for example. They've destroyed conversation of all kinds and ruined casual speculation
They said this about books, then newspapers, then magazines, then TV, etc. It's not a new phenomenon and absolutely nothing has changed. If anything cell phones allow you to talk to more people in more places.
>>
>>37546149
Automobiles

Totally ruined all aspects of society.
>>
>>37550482
t. Loser who is too anxious to be able to drive
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.