[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I learn to enjoy reading? I think reading

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: pepereading.jpg (385KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepereading.jpg
385KB, 800x600px
How the fuck do I learn to enjoy reading? I think reading would be good for me.
>>
>>37545044
>>>/lit/
Now fuck off
>>
It involves forcing yourself to read everyday. It's very difficult at first but not impossible.
>>
>>37545051
wow wtf could you be any ruder like for real
>>
>>37545044
Read a lot of books, try to pinpoint a genre that hooks you or that you find interesting, develop a taste, and when you know what you want or find an author you want binge the shit out of all those books. Then afterwards face the crippling realization you will never find another book as good as that one. Or a series as great as that one. Then just keep reading books you find interesting.
>>
Either you enjoy it or you don't.
Try reading something that's well regarded and catches your interests.
If you don't like it just stop.
>>
File: IMG_4630.jpg (24KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4630.jpg
24KB, 255x204px
>>37545044
this may sound faggy, but pick a movie/tv show/vidya you are really into and read fan fiction about it. That's what got me started reading again because I knew the characters and I was already invested. From there you can get into original stuff.
>>
>>37545044
Would you like to read an excerpt from my upcoming novel? Non edited and with spelling errors
>>
if you don't like reading try audio books
>>
>>37545601
....is it...isekai?
>>
>>37545051
/lit/ is full of people who hate reading but love having read.

I recommend reading Worm by Wildbow. Best capeshit ever, escalates to ridiculous power levels. It's banned from /lit/ for being too entertaining.

https://parahumans.wordpress.com/
>>
>>37545044
Download some eBook on the internet and start reading them. The rest is up to you.
>>
By learning a new language. I want to improve my English, therefore I read. Believe me, when you reach the level needed to read books without having to look up a word every 2 seconds, you will be very proud which will increase your desire to read books
>>
>>37545780

>/lit/ is full of people who hate reading but love having read

This.

I fucking hate /lit/.

Unless you're reading Nietzsche or another classical philosopher, you aren't welcome there.

The entire board seems to revel in nothing other than gloating about how high-brow and well-stocked their bookshelves are. Despite the haughtiness, /lit/ 'create-a-story' threads are full of Eragon-tier drivel.
>>
If you want to get into reading you need to start out reading something you're interested in. I ended up getting into reading because wanted to know more about anarchism and books were the only medium that could adequately explain it.
>>
i recommend haruki murakami's short stories.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.