[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here has had their wisdom teeth out? If so, what was

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Wisdom Wojak.jpg (97KB, 642x705px) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom Wojak.jpg
97KB, 642x705px
Who here has had their wisdom teeth out? If so, what was your experience like?
>>
I did, really miserable experience. Not so much the operation or the recovery itself, that wasn't too bad. But somehow or other through the operation, either my teeth or my jaw the dentist shattered them (I'm not exactly sure how it's done) to get the teeth out. Well after the recovery I kept noticing and feeling these chuncks and shards of bone in or protruding from my gums at the back. They hurt, caused irritation, and even would protrude out very sharp and cut my tongue or cheeks. I tried picking at them to get them out which was very painful and basicall ripping away the gum flesh to tear bone chunks out, and some even I had to go back to the dentist for.

It's been over a year now, and I can still feel one or two of the things still under my gums.
>>
>>37539723
Did you have yours out at a dentist?
>>
>>37539649
Went fine around 7 years ago, felt pure bliss on vicodin when I'm usually super worried about how I look and just sat around playing weebshit in the living room while kicking back in a recliner for a week, my biggest fear was developing dry socket but I never did. I feel worse after having fillings done.
>>
>>37539649

I had mine out just four days after my eighteeenth birthday, so it was the first major event of my life after I had attained legal majority, de jure manhood.

It went pretty smoothly. I'd been half-knocked out for cavities and braces before, but this was the first time where I got /really/ knocked out. Still, somewhere in the back of my head I could feel dull crunching noises, like a dim dream, but no pain. When I woke up I was just numb and sore but I remember "sobering up" pretty quickly. Soups and noodles for a month, no problem with dry sockets (I hadn't started smoking yet). After maybe 1-3 months the stitches were naturally rejected by the body and I started spitting them out.

The best part is that I got to keep the teeth. Three of them came out in one piece; the other splintered into like five fragments. I've been meaning to glue that one back together; I keep all eight pieces in a little tin box, inside a larger treasure box with dollar coins, doodads and special keys and such. :^)

This was right after I'd finished braces, I was done with pain in my mouth.
>>
They stuck a needle in me, I fell asleep, I woke up, my mouth was frozen for the next day. That was it.
>>
got all four of them removed in a 2 hours marathon session. it was supposed to be shorter but there were complications when they had to completely crush one of them into pieces and get them all out of my mouth.
thank christ i opted to take the tranquillizer so at the time i just thought the feeling fit the music well.

afterwards was when the real hell started. didnt take my painkillers at first because it didnt hurt, then when the pain came it was too late. literally couldnt do anything but stay in bed and suffer. eating nothing but soup, smoothies and ice cream was stupid. the feeling of blood and string in your mouth sucked.

also they lost my damn teeth even though i told them i wanted to keep them.

overall pretty awful but the painkillers were nice. would also recommend the tranquillizer.
>>
>>37539649
I had weird teeth problems growing up. Permanent teeth coming out and pushing baby teeth forward, multiple teeth in the same spot, ect. Wisdom teeth fell in the latter category. I had two rows of wisdom teeth. After a while though, the extra teeth's roots started rotting away for whatever reason. (Yes I did brush my teeth every day) Soon there were just the regular and shell wisdom teeth left. Dentist just pulled them out and I hardly felt a thing.
>>
>>37539649
You're going to die, nigger. NIGGER.
>>
>>37539649
after I got gassed and woke up I started narrating a soccer game, so just a heads up if they put you under, you are going to say some dumb embarrassing shit.

and don't forget to take your pain meds, that was me most excruciating pain I have eve felt, I was under the effects of the anesthesia still so I forgot to take them and went to sleep...
>>
>>37539649
Oh, I don't have wisdom teeth. Never had, never will, I was just born without them. It's a legitimate genetic mutation, my grandfather had it, my father inherited it, and then I did. I'm like the lamest X Man ever.

But then I read you people's fucking horror stories about having your wisdom teeth pulled, and feel pretty damn good about my mutant abilities.
>>
File: IMG_0245[1].jpg (973KB, 1770x1096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0245[1].jpg
973KB, 1770x1096px
Just had mine out.

All 4 came out.
Asian Oral Surgeon & Anesthetist - perfect combination.
3 were routine extractions, 1 was completely horizontal and had to be cut in half to make room to pull the rest of it out.
Never had a general anesthetic before so was freaked out about being put to sleep, but was a swift experience. They kept asking questions to keep me talking while putting the needle in my vein and giving my an oxygen mask.
After being put to sleep, they have me 4 locals in the mouth so I wouldn't feel the pain when I wake up. My whole left jaw was dead, and when I had mash potato and gravy for dinner, I didn't even realize it was spilling all over my chin.
They told me I gotta get started on the antibiotics and painkillers right away before going to sleep. I'm glad I took the painkillers because I actually woke up today with a lot of soreness, and don't even want to imagine how bad it would've been without them. Hurts to open and turn my mouth.
Have to start taking anti-inflammatory tomorrow, and if I don't take them with a full stomach, they say I'll get a stomach ulcer.

Pic related was my X-Ray before the operation.
>>
Always take the painkillers.
>>
>>37539723
Maybe you shouldn't have gone to a Russian dentist that borrowed his degree from a friend
>>
What age did you guys get yours out?

I'm 21 and the dentist is telling me I should get them out asap.
>>
>>37540954
22. normally id say wait until youve got some space in your schedule but if your dentist tells you to get them out asap you get them out asap.
>>
Got mine done during AIT, all four out.

With Percocet it's bearable but once you run out it's a constant dull ache mixed with sharp pain when you chew/get something stuck in the socket

Recovery is the worst part
>>
>>37540954
16, but I've always had a crowded mouth.
>>
>>37540186
>Pic related was my X-Ray before the operation.
Fuck i have the my lower wisdom teeth are in the same position. I hope they wont have to cut the bone in order to extract them.
>>
>>37541048
>but I've always had a crowded mouth

With something other than teeth, I reckon?
>>
>>37539649
I got mine out yesterday, dentist was top class, I wasn't sleeping (they never put you in sleep for such trivial shit in Poland) so I was given anesthesia, waited 10 min, then 2 seconds and it was out. Didn't feel anything. I had to get rid of it cuz it was growing in the direction of my cheek
>>
>>37539649
It was fine. They gave me some pain med before hand that made me really happy. I don't remember much of anything for the 2-3 hours after taking it, but I think it went pretty fine. I just wish I could feel the way I did on that pill all the time. It made life fun again for a little while.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.