[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why don't you own a motorcycle? It's cheaper, more

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: 00C0C_7EG5kCzBH8s_1200x900.jpg (80KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
00C0C_7EG5kCzBH8s_1200x900.jpg
80KB, 675x900px
So why don't you own a motorcycle?

It's cheaper, more fun, crazy liberating, and might actually make you cool enough to get a girl.
>>
Soon. Literally just passed my CBT yesterday. Riding on the road for the first time was fucking awesome.

My endgame is having a bike, tent, camping supplies and just travelling around all over.
>>
File: TheOriginal.jpg (484KB, 2244x2016px) Image search: [Google]
TheOriginal.jpg
484KB, 2244x2016px
>>37535259
You really think I can get a girl with a motorbike, even if i am a khv 8/10?
>>
>>37535259

does anyone know huwhat I have to do to get my motorcycle license in FL

I guess I could google it but I don't want to read DMV speak

I really like indian scouts but desu I've only ever ridden literal bicycles and a dirt bike like twice when I was 14
>>
>>37535259
Plus, it is easier to die in an accident! Win win all around!!
>>
been riding for 2 years. feels good if you've got gas money
>>
>>37535259
I prefer not being dead, I think
>>
File: would laugh again.jpg (7KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
would laugh again.jpg
7KB, 258x195px
>>37535312
HAHAHAHA
IF U ARE 8/10 THEN I M 10/10
>>
>>37535326
It's usually the same shit as you need for a driver's license, bro. Plus a ~$250ish training course, which is going to still be cheaper than a car.
>>
>>37535259
>So why don't you own a motorcycle?
I can barely afford food. If I had a few thousand dollars to spend on bullshit I'd probably just immigrate somewhere else.

Also I can't even cope with the possibility of an accident.
Imagine getting paralyzed or suffering brain damage or having your face mutilated in an accident. Thanks but no thanks, I'd rather take the bus.
>>
>>37535336
>>37535381
>>37535422
I have known very few motorcycle riders who have met with the skid demon and been at all dissuaded from their god-given two-wheeled task. It feels so good to ride that it's worth the danger every time.

Hell, a while back I broke my tibia by skidding over 40ft of gravel. I ended up richer than before because the fucker who ran me off the road had decent insurance, and I got back on a new bike like a week later. It's all about living without regrets, dude.
>>
>>37535445
>Hell, a while back I broke my tibia by skidding over 40ft of gravel
>It's all about living without regrets, dude
I prefer living without being retarded
>>
>>37535463
>I prefer living in my basement
>>
>>37535483
>live in a basement
>shattering your bones because you think it makes you look cool
yeah, I'll take option 1 every time, retard
>>
File: bb502b7d41da14bd33c7061a11f80e00.jpg (731KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bb502b7d41da14bd33c7061a11f80e00.jpg
731KB, 1600x1200px
>>37535463
You see, that attitude is why you don't get out much. If I die on my bike, I'll die doing what I love. How many people get to say that?
>>
>>37535518
>How many people get to say that?
People who love things that are significantly less likely to kill them.
>>
I'd rather have a car I can actually sleep at and have my crap in the trunk.
Motorcycle is a big toy and a cuckmachine that I will forever hate as long as my father and brother enjoy them.

I want to move away from my house, and a motorcycle is a huge step back from that direction.
>>
>>37535445
>The average motorcycle driver is this retarded

I hope you're an organ donor kiddo
>>
>>37535259
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOaezU-TAQs
I watched this and decided not to risk it
I'd post with a screenshot, but I don't want to get banned for gore or some shit
>>
File: 1496620277478.jpg (71KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496620277478.jpg
71KB, 540x960px
>>37535529
Touche. But a girl can kill you, most hobbies worth doing can kill you, and if it doesn't kill you fast it often kills you slow. The only real exception is a hobby that you love that EXTENDS your lifespan and carries few risks, like... Cardio, I guess?

Still, if you love doing it and it's practical, it's easy to spring back from an injury and get right back on.
>>
>>37535604
>Were you wearing a helmet?
>Nuh

Yep. Bet he wasn't even wearing a proper leather armor jacket either.
>>
>>37535627
I don't think any of that would have prevented the triple limb traumatic amputation
>>
>>37535604
>speeding to the point you lose control
>not wearing even the most essential piece of gear
clearly a tard
>>
>>37535312
You're a 4/10, retard.
>>
>>37535259
i used to ride a lot of bike as a kid and i always wanted to own a motorcycle. Other than my mom wont buying me one I'm not sure if my legs will reach the ground from one at all. If it doesn't fully reach i dont think ill feel in control
>>
>>37535635
You'd be surprised. I mean, not hitting a concrete wall while going 80 would probably have avoided it better, but motorcycle armor fucking WORKS.

That 40ft skid on gravel? I broke my leg on the first impact and had no further injuries whatsoever. I tumbled like a motherfucker, hit my helmet a good four times, and skidded on all sorts of bullshit and that tibia was my only injury at all. No abrasions, no concussion, nothing. And my jacket was 600 denier, not even the 1000 of proper armor leather.

If I wasn't wearing gear, I'd have been modern art all over the road. It makes a HUGE difference in what you can survive.
>>
>>37535604
>that gay anesthesiologist
first wtf

>the way extremeties are damaged
how does that even happen

>people taking away arms and feet
what the fuck
>>
I would only consider a bike if we had long, empty highways like they do in Australia or USA.
I don't trust other people enough to ride a bike in the city. For fun there are gokarts, for utility I'm saving for a Dacia Logan. For lifestyle maybe I'll get a camper before Europe's a warzone.
My passive cuck of a father is only enthusiastic about his Kawasaki, so there's that too.
>>
Can't use it for 5 months a year where I live
Also I'm drunk almost all the time so
>>
>>37535259
>its cheaper
Than a car? I don't own a car. Its not cheaper than legs.
>more fun
Not more fun than a walk.
>crazy liberating
Not for a couch potato.
>girl
I don't want one.

I sometimes consider buying a motorbike, but then I realize its the same as buying a decorative skull to put on my desk.
I think its cool, and I will maybe enjoy fiddling with it twice per year, but do I really fucking benefit all that much from it?
>>
>>37535701
>crazy liberating
>holla my man, let me just wear a fuckton of armor so I look like I just got an enema and feel like I'm in a sauna
I think I'll just get a cabriolet.
>>
>>37535750
>driving drunk
I hope you get to die alone and not take some innocent person with you.
>>
>>37535724
>Motorcycling in the city

Parking. _Parking._ I can fit anywhere, nigga.
>>
>>37535701
How is leather gear going to prevent severe breaks and mangling like that? That's right, it's not. It prevents road rash, that's it
>>
I already have an efficient car so it would take many years to earn back the initial investment in savings per mile. I would rather get a plain bicycle or little scooter if I need a toy.
>>
>>37535793
Don't ride stupid enough to hit a non-movable object at 70mph. Your gear will do pretty well at protecting you from non-retarded impacts and slides.

>It prevents road rash, that's it
no
>>
>>37535773
Good motorcycle gear is comfy, dude. They're adapted to handle any weather. Breezy when you want them to be, warm when you'd prefer that, waterproof when you feel like a ride in the rain... A good jacket will never leave you uncomfy. There's also that 'hand out the car window to cool down' effect, except you get it all over your entire body. Feels fucking great.

Unless you get an aircooled Harley, in which case, don't, because it'll fry your taint whenever you're not moving.

>>37535793
Cushioning on important body parts. Room for elbow and knee inserts that can masterfully mitigate an impact. A lot of money goes into developing this shit, dude, and I've taken many impacts that would have fucked me up if I wasn't armored.
>>
>>37535842
>Don't ride stupid enough to hit a non-movable object at 70mph
aka don't ride at all

Besides road rash, it just keeps all your limbs and organs in a neat package. That's it. Neck protectors and helmets might save you, but the leather crap and the protectors won't do much. Don't buy this illusion of safety.
>>
>>37535905
>Besides road rash, it just keeps all your limbs and organs in a neat package. That's it. Neck protectors and helmets might save you, but the leather crap and the protectors won't do much. Don't buy this illusion of safety.
t. pedestrian who has never rode a bike or looked into bike safety other than high speed accidents with people who wear no gear yet still thinks he is an expert
>>
>>37535925
>t. biker that falls for marketing memes and thinks a chest plate will save him when he slams onto a barrier at 60mph
You might have had low-speed falls, obviously the protection gear will ease the fall there, but these accidents wouldn't kill you anyway. Unless you had no helmet or something.
>>
>>37535777
Improve your reading comprehension
>>
>>37535966
You lose a centimeter of flesh for every meter you skid over asphalt without armor on. Even with jeans, you can easily get abrasions and nasty welts or bruises from even simple falls. Armor will make those tiny falls into nothing at all, make the nasty falls into minor falls, and make the REALLY nasty falls into 'well, I lived'.

To unload more experiences on you; I got smacked in the back with a baseball bat while wearing that 600 denier jacket. By a swole fucking ex-con nigger. Didn't even get a goddamn bruise.
>>
>>37535966
>slamming into a barrier at 60mph
I don't plan on doing that because I don't speed, don't have a ridiculously powerful bike, wear full gear and ride defensively. Most of the risk of riding a motorcycle can be mitigated by not being retarded.

>You might have had low-speed falls, obviously the protection gear will ease the fall there, but these accidents wouldn't kill you anyway
That's the whole fucking point. Don't ride like a moron, then the low speed accidents you may have will be cushioned by the gear. If you decide to go faster and crash it will still help but it won't perform miracles. But it will do a damn sight better than wearing nothing like the dude in the video.
>>
>>37535259

I hate the rain, wind and snow.
I like my station wagon, I have a bed the back with a TV and mini fridge and solar pan on the bonnet and roof with batter storage.
>>
>>37535724
+1. Going back a way, before I learned to drive, I used to cycle to work. I had enough near misses to be completely put off motorbikes. The only reason I survived was because with the bicycle, I was able to put my feet down and stop dead - with a motorbike, I'd have been dead several times over.
>>
>>37535657
>>37535396
Get out newfags

Oregano oregano
>>
>>37536064
>Don't ride like a moron
All the defensive driving in the world and you could still die because of some idiot on the road at any moment
>>
>>37536195
>you could still die because of some idiot on the road at any moment
Yes but the risk is a shitload lower if you ride safely, know what's going on around you, and assume every other vehicle is trying to kill you. And avoid motorways.
>>
>>37535259
It's not cheaper than not having a motorcycle
>>
>>37535259
If I can't be fucked to get my drivers license and I'm 24 why the fuck would I bother getting a motorbike license I just want to sit on my ass and waste away
>>
>>37535259
>might actually make you cool enough to get a girl.

Hurr Durr. Just don't get your hopes up too much. Motorcycle forums seem to have an even greater ratio of bitter incels than r9k nowadays.
>>
>>37536538
>might

Besides, let's be real. Modern day women are going to give everyone that problem.
>>
File: 1495660071504.png (100KB, 539x797px) Image search: [Google]
1495660071504.png
100KB, 539x797px
>>37535259
What bike is this?
>>
>>37536643
In the OP, that's a Suzuki SV1000.

In your picture, that's a tank. I think an AMX 40.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.