[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was younger I had a period of severe anxiety that messed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 27fefa5475162b409c516e09cb1509d1.jpg (258KB, 1056x1280px) Image search: [Google]
27fefa5475162b409c516e09cb1509d1.jpg
258KB, 1056x1280px
When I was younger I had a period of severe anxiety that messed with my life a lot. I had a lot of symptoms typically associated with anxiety, but there was also this shit and I don't know what the fuck it was, so I thought I'd ask here and see if any of the other mentally stunted freaks here could relate.

> sudden compulsions to harm myself (usually didn't act on but once I tried to strangle myself in public and didn't realize what I was doing untilI gagged)
>extreme anger/violent compulsions towards others. Never acted on. but it was intense. Wouldn't realize what was wrong with these feelings until after they'd passed
>weird paranoid ideas that people were plotting against me, seeing laughing faces everywhere, I was afraid of going near someone who didn't like me because I literally thought they would kill me. Thought my food was poisoned because it tasted funny a few times.
>I seriously believed I was in a parallel universe for a week based on evidence that made no sense in retrospect, and took no one else believing me as more evidence of this. I don't remember ever realizing it was wrong, it just faded out of my mind or something.

It went on for almost a year and just disappeared soon after I got out of school that year. What did this shit even mean?
>>
Sounds like schizophrenia. I dunno, I wonder if you can have an episode of schizophrenia and not develop a chronic condition, because I had an episode similar to this that lasted a few months and it's never come back. Never had violent feelings, but I got very worried about people following or talking about me and I had the overwhelming but unsupportable conviction that I was on the verge of having some world-changing idea.
>>
>>37520725
Can related to the first partially only, sometimes I punch walls, other times it is me biting my lips and scratching my face looking for acne, resulting in burns.
I also believe we live in a simulation but I don't think much about it, the 2nd and 3rd only manifests in days i have social interactions, cringing myself whenever i spotted something "wrong" with my acts, which lasts for several days.
>>
How old are you?
Schizophrenia can develop later in life and stay somewhat dormant when your youger. Have u ever smoked weed or drank?
>>
>>37520996
>>37520826
I'm 21. Was 15/16 when it happened. Never done either (I've tried alcohol but it tastes like shit so I've never even been drunk)

>>37520826
Yeah I wonder this too, but I can never find anything that matches me searching online and I don't want to waste money to see a shrink about something that's not even a problem anymore.
>>
>>37521168
So drugs or alcohol can and usually does trigger schizophrenia and bring it out of dormancy. Since youve never done either, it could potentially put you into a schizophrenic state. Talk to a professional and avoid that stuff until you know
>>
>>37521330
I won't do drugs then, I guess.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.