[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you remember the ol' minecraft pvp channel you and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 1482284601715.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1482284601715.png
42KB, 655x509px
>tfw you remember the ol' minecraft pvp channel you and a buddy made
>tfw you remember the hours of skyping all night long while beating the shit out of little kids on pvp servers and getting banned by faggot mods
>tfw you remember it got hacked by the friend of your partner who then doxxed the both of you and deleted the channel

I USED TO BE, A LITTLE BOY.
SO OLD, IN MY SHOES.
>>
Minecraft in 2011-2014 was a golden age. I regret only playing it once in a while back then, and I haven't played it since.
>>
File: 1443190287566.jpg (45KB, 993x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1443190287566.jpg
45KB, 993x1023px
>>37520219
>go back to playing it near the end of 2016 with some fat slob in an attempt to relive the good ol' days
>isn't fun anymore
>all the cunt does is try to hook up with 8 year olds and gets mad at you whenever you kill someone who he thinks is a girl

When did you realize the good ol' days are nothing but a fading memory?
>>
>>37520277

>When did you realize the good ol' days are nothing but a fading memory?

Nice dubs. I'd say I realized that in 2009 or so.
>>
I envy people who have that kind of nostalgia for Minecraft, it means they are likely 18 or something, and have a lot of time to not fuck up.

For people my age (mid 20s), minecraft was just another game, and the early releases in 2010s still feel recent.
>>
>people being nostalgic for minecraft
>it was just another pc game for me
>tfw 29
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>37520277
>try to hook up with 8 year olds

he sure does sound like an interesting fellow

>>37520219
For sure. It's also only fun if you play it with someone. I met a guy in college in a class and he was a bit on the spectrum but I showed him Minecraft and he suddenly had an account and a server set up overnight. We would be exploring the world until like 2AM everyday and had more people from class join the server. We built an entire world.

I then dropped out and he turned mobs off so that his kid could play on it, so I stopped logging in.

I tried playing it on the PS3 and it's just boring. I build a wooden shack and breed some chickens and then delete the world to try and play again a few months later.
>>
File: 1457779115024.jpg (13KB, 236x319px) Image search: [Google]
1457779115024.jpg
13KB, 236x319px
>>37520188

Yeah I remember that. Minecraft in beta to around 1.2.5 was the shit and wasn't full of cancerous 9 year old kids. I was like 16 back then and god it was so good.

>Setting up a survival sever with skype friends
>Fighting against mobs and building the ultimate camp
>Going to creative mode and making huge roller-coasters and redstone devices and shit like that
>Downloading shit-ton of mods
>>
>>37520219
>>37520277
>>37521161

this bittersweet bullshit makes me not want to start anything ever again but yet I long for the feeling, why is my scumbag brain like this

>freelancer 2003-present
>a game that despite microsofts bullshit managed to capture an atmosphere so well and was made with such care it is still played today by many extreme oldfags
>microsofts cuts out global server 2008
>new players seldom come because of complexity, community designs many tools to get around this
>still so many oldfags
>servers die slowly by 2008
>was present for so many shutdowns on the last days
>players numbers decrease slowly but surely, oldfags popping up in old forums and saying if other oldfags would play they would too
>still play the single player at least once a year

don't know how to handle these feelings, I've witnessed a slow heat death already
>>
>>37521617

I actually don't feel that bad about it because so much time has passed, that I am even over the whole 'things change, I'm so depressed' phase. Things may never be the same, but I can still play games to this day and have my own memories in the moment.
>>
>>37521617

What game? Rising Eagle?
>>
File: freelancer.jpg (84KB, 640x345px) Image search: [Google]
freelancer.jpg
84KB, 640x345px
>>37521681
yeah I get you but still when you see the pure amount of enthusiasm being pored into something with many small local communities and you have to see it die very very slowly mainly because the idiots at redmond decided they couldn't have some 1 GB ram program running on literally one server in a garage somewhere (it was confirmed that that's basically what it was) forever was quite an experience

>>37521724
Freelancer, one of the last great ego spaceship shooters before industry decided they wouldn't produce those anymore since endless normal ego shooters must be that much better and not so geek icky
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.