[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If god is all knowing and knows all that has and will ever happen,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

File: nun.jpg (187KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
nun.jpg
187KB, 750x500px
If god is all knowing and knows all that has and will ever happen, then why do people have to take life as a trial for him to judge? Doesn't free choice contradict the all knowing god theory?
>>
Every innumerable soul belongs with God in Heaven, and that's where most are. We are down here out of our own fault. In time immemorial we committed a sin, or perhaps we even came here voluntarily, wanting to see what life looks like without God

So now we are here, and we will stay in these non-Heaven realms until we truly want to and are ready to return to God.

As for free choice/free will, we as individual souls have it because we are made in God's image, and that includes us having a tiny amount of God's free will.
>>
>>37519818
if you were omnipresent you would exist in the past present and future simeultaniously so you would know what is going to happen but other beings that only exist in the present still have to experience it all

there's a theory that we already have reached the biblical armageddon/day of judgement but we cant experience it until every soul has had their own personal chance to be born and die, and then at that moment we will arrive at the "end" and judgement. since we are stuck in the prison of time it appears that we are living through thousands of years of waiting for something to happen but to a being outside of time it would only be a few seconds at most. i.e the story of god creating the world in 6 days but our experience and knowledge of it says it took trillions of years
>>
If you couldn't do it, then why would you blame God for not doing it either?
>>
>>37519818
God has the ability to know but chooses not to
>>
>>37520062
How do we escape this place? I've read that we keep getting recycled here over and over between lives through deception.

>inb4 worship god
Which false one? The demiurge? There's too many to choose from.
>>
>>37520062
But God has no free will if the future is fixed.
>>
>>37520299
there's only one God, dumb ass
>>
>>37520274
Oh so now he's a x-man
>>
>>37520299
There are many gods, but only one God.

>>37520305
Seeing as time is a creation (and a weak illusion at that), this statement is nonsensical. God exists outside of time.
>>
>>37519818

Don't try to disprove something that can't be proven in the first place. Spare yourself from the sheer effort of arguing with people who are scared to admit death.
>>
>>37520347
God still has to obey cause and effect.
>>
File: 1491954284649.png (1MB, 684x1766px) Image search: [Google]
1491954284649.png
1MB, 684x1766px
The proper stance is to be culturally religious. Go to church for the networking, music, and sense of community. Lean into it a bit as you age.

Most atheists are pretty miserable.

And most of the fanatics who think 80% of the population is doomed to eternal torture or that the architecture of the universe actually cares if they have a sip of wine know deep down how cruel and ridiculous that is.
>>
>>37520395
He is the uncaused first cause, the unmoveable first mover, the Creator without a creator.

Whenever He wills it, the natural laws are overcome. There is nothing He has to obey.
>>
>>37519818
Damn your deep bro. Your fucking deep. You should become a philosopher or something. Have you ever taken an IQ test? You might be smarter then Einstein.
>>
>>37520347
So you don't know how to escape this place. Why not just tell me that? And I know there's only one God. I was saying there are many false ones, and asking how to worship the real one (if it even needs worship).
>>
>>37520420
Your picture contains more truth than you think. Don't you see you are stuck in the next-to-last section?
>>
>>37519818
If we could imagine a two dimensional (actual, not your 2.5D waifu, that's cheating) beings operating on X;Y axis, they couldn't perceive our real, 3D nature. If they wanted to see us, they wouldn't see a 3D man but a series of 2D sections going through their flat dimension even though they - in fact - are one and the same man.

Now think of yourself - at one point you were a single celled organism in your mom's belly. Since that you've grown and developed, and will be changing till the day you die.

-HOWEVER-

Both a single celled organism, a fetus, a newborn, kid you, current you, adult you and old you - all the "yous" you see separately, as distant in time, are one and the same being. A 4D being you cannot see, because you cannot see the fourth dimension as a whole (like a completely flat 2D being couldn't perceive third dimension).

>>37520274
>God has the ability to know but chooses not to

Who was teaching you theology? Jehovah's Witnesses?
>>
>>37520446
If God is acting in all times simultaneously, doesn't God have to work things in a certain way so that the next event will happen, or even be the cause of the original event? Does this not implicate God as the sole architect of every single event? What is the point then?
>>
>>37520507

I'm not quite ready to take the plunge. And anyways I want my daughter to have the church experience growing up.
>>
>>37520328
Hence "which FALSE one"
>>
>>37520505
There are many paths to God, and everyone's path is unique.

My advice: read, read, and read
Google is your best ally here. Start by reading the wiki entries for religions that interest you, and from there go deeper and deeper. Don't limit yourself to religions or belief systems that you are familiar with, read all you can about them all.

If you find one that suits you, try to talk to someone knowledgeable about it. If you cannot find one that suits you, keep looking. All of them contain a piece of the puzzle.
>>
>>37520591
there is no false God that's the most retarded thing I've ever read
>>
>>37520552
Nothing you said answers his question
>>
>>37520587
Yes because communities build upon bullshit are the future!

Communities exist outside of religion, why pretend to believe in something which is obviously not true
>>
>>37520673
God is real, lol
>2017
>still being an atheist
>>
File: blink_rei.gif (434KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
blink_rei.gif
434KB, 500x720px
>>37519818
Dunno. Ask him. If you ever see her again.
>>
>>37520552
Religion calls on a fifth dimension, which is really just to explain how the God theory is plausible. This is deism. Where's the evidence for religious dogma? The evidence that we have any understanding of these postulated 5th dimensional things.
>>
>>37520694

Who said I was an atheist... I just don't believe religions which humans have made up. We don't know why the fuck we're here and anyone who thinks they've got God talking to them need to get help
>>
>>37520572
>If God is acting in all times simultaneously
>in all times
You are still thinking within time.

And yes, God is the architect of everything. From the cosmos to every individual blade of grass, everything is made by Him.

The point is that you are alive (and have always been alive, and always will be) and that you are in an eternal loving relationship with God.
>>
>>37520616
I do this. It fucking sucks that it should be the biggest riddle in the universe to allow one to escape this hell matrix.

>>37520619
What do you think religions worship? All Gods are false Gods except the source.
>>
>>37520726
Lol, I sometimes forget how deluded people can be. Good luck d00d
>>
>>37520744
lol I love how you can't justify your beliefs
>>
>>37520739
False God doesn't make any sense because if it's false, then it isn't God. Are you thinking about idols and totems? You're probably thinking of idols and totems
>>
>>37520753
Lol, I love you think you can hit me with 2 posts of the most unimaginable ignorance then expect me to buckle up for a 30 day conversation where I teach you everything your dad should have

I ain't got the time to indulge a dumb guy who just wants attention like that. I got shit to do
>>
>>37520729
Why does this God have moral authority? Where do we find this moral authority? Why does death here have anything to do with higher dimensions?
>>
>>37520739
"Openly appearing to those who look for Him with all their heart, while hiding from those who run from Him with all their heart, God governs human knowledge of His presence. He gives signs that are visible to those who search for Him,
and yet invisible to those who are indifferent to Him. To those who wish to see, God gives sufficient light; to those who do not wish to see, He gives sufficient darkness."
-Blaise Pascal

It's the biggest riddle because you need to prove to yourself that you are ready for Him. And it's also the biggest riddle to protect others' free will (see quote)
>>
Basically nobody has a fucking clue what is truly going on. Sure, science may be able to give reductionist explanations of material phenomena, but it lacks any real explanatory power when it comes to the big questions: how and why. They may try to tell you they know the how and that the why is meaningless, but this is an insult to human logical faculties. We may be the smartest beings in the history of the universe so don't let them tell you that you are stupid.
>>
Describe God.
>>
File: can you feel it.jpg (24KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
can you feel it.jpg
24KB, 400x321px
>>37520420
>Most atheists are pretty miserable.
Because there aren't degenerate enough to believe in made up fairytales. Also, atheists are in a great decline. We have less atheits than during the Age of Enlightenment. We are fucked. The world is going to be fucked. Christian courtesy is a mental disorder, which leads to get assraped by Islamic fanatics. Great job - millenias of bloodshed for nothing.
>>
>>37520840
:) hello shaytan
>>
>>37520622
>why do people have to take life as a trial for him to judge?
Do they?
>>
>>37520768
If all religions are pointing in the same direction, why are they inherently contradictory? Furthermore, if you don't have to follow them, then what is the point of them?
>>
>>37520795

Oh your Dad taught you about religion? I'm sure that's a really reliable source... Not biased and full of cherry picked religious ideals.

I spent my entire childhood education within several catholic schools. It was compulsory that we learned about all religions throughout my time there and I can tell you that they're all bullshit. Morals and philosophy is not bullshit, but to assume that there is a "man-like" God deciding what's right or wrong is literally retarded. You have to be deluded as fuck to not realise how stupid that actually is.

Perhaps there is a God. But they definitely aren't counting sins.
>>
>>37520846
Oh lawd have mercy this poor child
>>
Does knowing the end of lord of the rings make it any less enjoyable?
>>
>>37520911

>"Lol lets force all these souls to be sinners then burn in hell for my enjoyment, I'll even tell them they can repent but I know most of them won't"
>>
>>37520846

>Atheist leftist politicians pass laws against weapons/self-defence, hate speech,etc
>Leftists fight deportation of illegals and criminals
>Christianity is blame
>>
>>37520881
They aren't contradictory, rofl. What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>37520886
My dad didn't teach me shit about religion, lol. You dive right into a strawman then proceed to demonstrate your lack of even a basic understanding of what God even is. I really dodged a bullet not getting involved in a serious discussion with you

Listen, do some reading, get a little older, then maybe we can have this chat once you have atleast the basics down
>>
Redemption of the soul: https://canyoustandthetruth.com/2011-12-22-14-10-03/
>>
>>37520969
Oh yeah, buddhism and reincarnation is compatible with islam.
>>
>>37521057
Wow a real life islamic scholar :)

I'm being facetious because it's obvious you haven't read a single pamplet on islam or buddhism :)

sparknotes philosopher. epic :)
>>
File: who thought that.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
who thought that.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>37520961
Christianity as it was doesn't exist anymore. Like Nietzsche said: "What are the churches if not the graves and tombstones of God?"; religion is only a hip lifestyle choice. The rules and commandments get broken and bent as anyone sees fit. This is nothing but grave desecration big league.

I repeat again, Christianity as it is, is nothing but large-scale self-castrated hypocrisy.
>>
>>37519818
Don't you get it by now? All that shit was made up.
>>
You just walk around the subject.

Give me one valid point as to why I should believe in any current religion.

Also, like I said I've had a lot of religious education. I don't need to "do some reading" and I'm most likely older than you.

So please. One single valid point. Why should I believe in any current religions.
>>
>>37521107
Nothing says you can't follow the rules just because everyone else isn't
>>
>>37521151
Doesn't solve the problem though. The churches are aware of this epidemic but couldn't get less of a shit.
>>
>>37521099
Please expound I'm open to learning.
>>
>>37521138
Dude, you've made like 3-4 posts and in NONE of them have you displayed anything more than a dumb child's understanding of God. I already said I'm not going to waste my time trying and failing to educate a guy who's made it this far with so little understanding. It would be nothing but a headache for me

And like I also said, I'm not averse to having this conversation but I'm not going to do it with someone who hasn't even had the decency to learn even a little bit and has the kind of attitude that you have about the whole thing that just makes you seem like one of those countless dumb asses that thinks they know. If you humbly came to me for instruction like the ignorant fool you are, then I would help. So your options are either to learn a bit yourself, then come to me, or get a little more humble and realize how stupid you are
>>
>>37521004
>>37521138
didn't click reply
>>
>>37521182
What do the churches have to do with you
>>
>>37521247
What does your whore mother have to do with sucking off my dick cheese? We will never know, anon, we will never know.
>>
>>37521200
Imagine a video of a tree sprouting from a seed being played in reverse. The different branches are the different religions. Observe in the video how the branches recede into the trunk, then the trunk shrinks down and gets smaller and smaller and more compact, until it returns to the seed
>>
>>37521221
You've literally just posted the same pretentious bullshit over and over.

How would you even know if I had any knowledge about God when you've completely disregarded my knowledge to begin with?

>INB4 Hurr durr you don't believe in God therefore you CAN'T know anything
>It's not like there's been many people in history who've learned a lot of religious doctrine and also had atheist / agnostic beliefs

You can't give one point because you don't have one.

Behold /r9k/, the lack of logic and discussion which results from solid belief.
>>
>>37521293
Okay so I guess you see how absurd you were being by equating yourself with a stone structure
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 694x392px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 694x392px
>>37521138
>>37521113
>>37521099
I really wish those FUCKING RETARDS wouldn't FILTER MY POSTS.
>>
File: what the fuck are you on about.jpg (29KB, 450x351px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck are you on about.jpg
29KB, 450x351px
>>37521323
H-how can you even interpret that shit? What the genuine fuck are you on about?
>>
>>37521321
I've posted the same thing over and over because that's all I have to say to you: learn a bit, then come to me so I don't have to spend my time teaching you the ABCs of God

Or come to me humbly as a student

But if you want to have a conversation on equal footing then I'm sorry, but your posts have proven without a doubt you have no fucking clue what you're talking about when it comes to God or religion. I know it hurts your ego, but you're just gonna have to figure out a way to survive
>>
>>37521351
I don't expect you to be able to snatch a pebble from my hand, but nigger, you can't even hold a rock I literally handed you

Stop talking about religion forever
>>
>>37519818
Did you ever see watchmen? I bet he's like Dr. Manhattan.
>>
>>37521357

>Or come to me humbly as a student

Why? You clearly know nothing since you can't come up with one single reason.

I'm not asking for an explanation of the universe. Just one point which you thinks points towards a God of any religion.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time here. I know you don't actually know anything so I won't bother asking anymore.
>>
>>37521450
I've said all I need to say, doubling down on arrogance and ignorance only makes me more resolute in my initial judgement of you
>>
>>37521521
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
>>
>>37521565
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose
>>
>>37521302
>Deuteronomy 13:6
>If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods,' which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
>>
>>37521589
>The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose

Fucking religious nutjobs are so delusional wow.

Okay kid, keep your faith. I'm sure he's listening :)
>>
>>37521651
Trolled me :^)
>>
>>37521616
That isn't a salient passage
>>
>>37521719
>Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
>>
File: 1494357234834.gif (341KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1494357234834.gif
341KB, 480x270px
There is no god. And if he would exist he would be the biggest asshole of all.
>>
>>37521812
Anon you're just posting out of context biblical passages what are you doing
>>
>>37521944
a Jew and a Christian cannot both be right. All religions are not "the same." either one is right or none are.
>>
>>37522101
Are you the guy who said he was open to learning? If so, you lied to me
>>
>>37522279
It's a valid question.
>>
>>37522312
I'm not seeing a question other than the one I asked which has gone unanswered. I am beginning to suspect that you are not very intelligent
>>
>>37522375
I'm not the same guy. I'm just saying that he asked a valid question.
>>
>>37519818
If there's a god, if he's our maker and creator, then why am I like this. Fuck him! Fuck your fucking shite god up his shite ass.
>>
>>37522388
I'm not seeing any question. And thus my hypothesis is confirmed
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.