[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have an interview for a cashier position in 3 days >lied

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1474838763947.jpg (45KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474838763947.jpg
45KB, 657x527px
>have an interview for a cashier position in 3 days
>lied on my resume and said i had 2 retail experiences when i have never had a job before

how fucked am i for this interview?
>>
>>37519732
Don't even bother going unless you have some sort of weird fetish for humiliation. Which you probably actually do
>>
If you haven't prepared, gl senpai lol
>>
>>37519756
I have to go anon, this is the first interview i have received in months of applying to low end wage cuck jobs.
>>
>>37519732
kek they'll already expect you to be able to use the machines, so good luck mate because they won't show you how to use them.
>>
>>37519780
>prepared for a cashier interview
>>
>>37519793
I sincerely hope you're a quick learner then because they're not going to have any patience for you not knowing what you lied about knowing
>>
>>37519804
if you can figure out how 4chan works, you can figure out a fucking register. there will be inevitable quirks that you have to ask a manager about regardless, every system has them
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496520411091.jpg (23KB, 540x539px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496520411091.jpg
23KB, 540x539px
Being a cashier is super easy. Just smile and tell them stuff like you worked at a Target or whatever. Say that you did stuff you know you won't have to do in the new position. Should be pretty easy, I wouldn't sweat it.
>>
File: IMG_0956.jpg (89KB, 656x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0956.jpg
89KB, 656x564px
>>37519951
>Just smile
How?
>>
>>37519732

Be calm and smile, that is 50 % of the interview.
>>
>>37520128
>Be calm and smile
How?
>>
>>37519951
>Say that you did stuff you know you won't have to do in the new position

too late for that i talked to her on the phone and she asked me about my past work experience. I lied as well as i could and she said if i could come in for an interview in 3 days.

I just hope she wont ask me to go into detail or something during the interview fug.

>>37520128
i can fake smiling and being happy so this wont be too hard for me.
>>
>>37519732
The interview is mostly a sanity check to make sure you're normal. They're hiring a cashier, not a surgeon. As long as you make it clear that you're competent, reliable, and trustworthy you'll get the job. Best of luck.
>>
File: 1426940939466.jpg (74KB, 595x629px) Image search: [Google]
1426940939466.jpg
74KB, 595x629px
People do this all the time. Just stay calm and don't give any details. If they ask about machines, just say you don't remember names or anything.

You simply took cash and pressed the button.

Most jobs, especially these minor jobs, offer training regardless of experience as they want you to do the job they way they want.

A cashier job is looking for a smile and a calm demeanor. They don't care about prior experience. So just relax and be polite. They wont have a go at you even if they find out it is a fake C.V. They will just not mention it and send an email declining you politely later. This thing happens all the time.

When asked about previous situations at your old job, don't be specific. If they ask something about "How do you deal with a grumpy customer" say something like you were polite and explained situation to the customer, and managed to resolve their issues.

I hope you get the gist, but a few comments in this thread are a bit off putting when really its not a big deal.

Also, there is no magic tricks to all this. Everyone knows how to be normal and presentable. Only edgy kids pretend they can't. Act like you would talking to your grandma and you are good to go.

Good luck!
>>
>>37519732
Anon, every cashier/retail job is different. They'll train you regardless.

The only thing she cares about is if you have a car and that you're not going to be smoking weed or shooting up in the bathroom on your shift. Bullshit your way through it as best you can. I believe in you!
>>
You'll be fine. Cashier job is so braindead a person capable of using a computer to come here and post this question is already overqualified for it. During training you will learn what you need to know in about 15 minutes.

Have fun.
>>
>>37520218
>The interview is mostly a sanity check to make sure you're normal.
I think that is the biggest problem for OP. they will smell the autism from miles away. spaghetti will be dropped.
>>
>>37520360

It is just that. I am a robot, don't really like 90% of people around me, but I am quite irreactive. I keep calm with customers and follow the procedure no matter what they say.

Try to think one something funny when in the interview and smile.
>>
>>37520484
Yeah I forgot what board I'm on. OP, don't even worry about lying on your resume, just focus on appearing normal.
>>
>>37520402
They're all exactly the same in my experience. They have different registers, but they won't really train you on anything. They'll give a thirty second rundown of the most common shit, then leave you to figure it out. Your co-workers will be complete dickheads about helping you when you don't know something, and your manager will pretend to be too busy when you ask. If you're not a literal retard you'll get it, but no one there gives a shit if you do or not.
>>
>>37520901
>no one there gives a shit if you do or not
Where the fuck have you worked? A bad cashier = no sales, clients mad and waiting, and not returning.

There are so many useless over-glorified jobs in this world, but the human cashier one is actually an important one. In fact, it's funny how the real jobs that matter are either bottom of the well shit-shoveling jobs, or very high PhD-tier R&D stuff.
>>
>>37520485
>Think something funny
>saying this to /r9k
No no no no no
>>
>>37519732
Pretend like you're seeing an old friend, like you've known them for years. It makes everything seem much more natural
>>
>>37519732
Just start to succ for the job
>>
>>37521141
> seeing an old friend, like you've known them for years
Hmmm
>>
>>37521042
The work history section of my resume is disgusting and long. And it may be the area where I live, but I hear the same complaints from everyone, they never got any actual training and thrown to the wolves. Now that I've got a good job in management I'm working to fix this at my company. I was how's as a glorified cashier and thrown into it, figured out shit that even my boss didn't know, got promoted a few times, and I'm working with my corporate overlords to completely overhaul training that'll be implemented in over 5000 stores. All this because I'm sick of hearing about shit training. And because my company actually cares about its employees.
>>
>>37519732
Just apply for a stock job. You don't need any experience, rarely talk to customers, and if you're lucky, the manager will put you off by yourself to do things.
>>
>>37521212
Hired, not how's. Fucking outing myself as a phone poster.
>>
File: 1496633900722.jpg (115KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1496633900722.jpg
115KB, 1200x630px
When you're trying to be some fast food cuck or whatever, the interviewer isn't trying to be convinced that you're right for the job. It means, based on resumes and applications, that you qualify for the job.

The interview is your opportunity to lose, not your opportunity to win. If they think that you're going to be a drag to work with, they'll tell you to fuck off. If you demand too much money, they'll tell you to fuck off. If you come clean and tell them you lied on your resume, they'll tell you to fuck off. All you need to do is nod, be prepared to answer inane questions like "what would you do if your coworker is being a total bitch?", and dress nicely. When I last got hired at a fast food place, they gave me the offer then and there.
>>
>>37521262
This. The interviews for these jobs are just there to make sure you look like a relatively normal person. These interviews are there get rid of actual, objectively noticeable weirdos like some handicaped guy or someone with a weird accent or whatever.

>If you demand too much money, they'll tell you to fuck off
Is money ever discussed in these shitty jobs? I think everyone involved just knows and assumes it's minimum wage.
>>
>>37520360
>Also, there is no magic tricks to all this. Everyone knows how to be normal and presentable. Only edgy kids pretend they can't
You haven't met a lot of diverse personalities, don't you?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.