[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it autistic of me to delete all of my social media accounts?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_1730.jpg (112KB, 640x925px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1730.jpg
112KB, 640x925px
Was it autistic of me to delete all of my social media accounts?

I tell people now that I don't use any social media, and they look at me like a leper.

Do I give in and reactivate my accounts to possibly fit in again?
>>
>>37519300
>Implying you don't use social media
What are you doing on 4chan then you retard?
>>
>>37519351

>4chan is social media

hahahahahahhhahahhhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa so funny youre wrong faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>37519351
Good news for OP is that he's not nearly as autistic as you are, playing the semantics game.

He obviously meant any personal account based social media, you turbo faggot.
>>
>delete all of my social media accounts

>Do I give in and reactivate my accounts

>deleted

>reactivate

that's not how deletion works. once you delete an account you can't recover it
>>
File: 1493058776880.png (562KB, 667x723px) Image search: [Google]
1493058776880.png
562KB, 667x723px
>>37519351
Hey guys I found the reddit
>>
>>37519300
>Was it autistic of me to delete all of my social media accounts?
>already has social media accounts
you weren't autistic to begin with normie faggot
>>
>>37519369
Are you fucking stupid? [don't answer, it's a rhetorical question, but you are too stupid to figure that out]
>>
>>37519300
No op, I don't have any social media accounts and don't care to go back.

I would rather deal with odd looks than the stupid shit and drama people post on facebook and/or twitter.
>>
>>37519444
It's not like I was insanely popular or anything. I think I had 150 followers on Instagram, but that doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>37519447

hahahahahahahahahhahahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you fuken faggot 4chan is not social media YOU FAGGOT YOURE A STUPID FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kys dude
>>
>>37519300
I have never used social media in any form or fashion and to answer your question, yes, not having at least one social media account nowadays instantly makes you stand out as a potential sperg. I've asked three of my good friends about methods for getting women and they all said that I needed social media. It isn't something that will turn you into a pariah, but I'm pretty sure it makes people (especially women) see you as "that kid".
Nice pic of Hunter S. Thompson by the way :^)
>>
File: 1494518818416.jpg (21KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494518818416.jpg
21KB, 600x400px
>>37519513
>Define Social Media: "websites and applications that enable users to create and share content"

The only purpose of this site is to share content and socialize. It is social media. Wow you are really fucking stupid. What are you doing on this site if it's not socializing? You're socializing right now. We are talking.
>>
>>37519300
Yes, it is autistic to do so, but it also filters out all the normalfags from your life. If someone hates you for not using social media then they aren't worth your time anyway.

>>37519384
Facebook gives you a grace period where you can reactivate before they actually delete your account.
>>
>>37519300
I dont have any accounts of anything. No facebook, twitter, snapchat, tinder.
Youll be much happier and better focused with out it, atleast i am.
Dont log on in the next two weeks and let that shit perm delete. People never seem to care that i dont have any and actually find it interesting. Girl once tried snooping on me then came and told me to my face i was impossible to find and kinda laughed about it and ended up talking to her and went on a date. Failed date tho cause sphageti breach
>>
>>37519582

but thats not true u retard 4chan is not social media u gay faggot hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>37519547
I think the benefits of not having it outweigh any potential of getting women on social media. Just dont go around preaching about how you dont have it and no one cares
>>
File: 1465886945312059.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1465886945312059.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>37519582
>using a broad definition to prove your point
>being so autistic that you dont know what nuance is
>responding to shitposts seriously
>>>/r/eddit
>>
Is it autistic if i dont have any social account? even my parents do have.

When I say to normies I don't have facebook they react like I admitted I'm virgin.
>>
>>37519369
>>37519377
>>37519409
Why isn't an image board social media? It's designed to connect users from all over the world through text post based conversation and relevant images. Besides, I get most of my social interaction from here.

Come at me with a valid defense of why you fags think 4chan is not social media.
>>
>>37520789
its an anonymous image board, not a fucking social media platform you drooling retard
>>
>>37520789
Basically its antisocial media, quite the opposite
>>
>>37520789
Holy shit turn off your autism for a second. Everyone else knows what he means.
>>
>>37519300
No. I reactivated my Facebook account again after almost five years, and it's even more cancerous than when I quit, if you can believe such a thing.

Social media somehow manage to distill the very essence of everything I hate about society and the people who surround me into a neat little feed of inane autoplaying videos, pointless posts about people's kids riddled with spelling and grammar mistakes, look-at-how-great-my-life-is pictures of people posing on mountain tops, middle-aged housewife-tier "deep" or "clever" image captions along with bastardized, misused memes from three years ago.

Fuck social media.
>>
>>37519300
God I love this man.
I wanna grow up to be just like him.
Drunk and shooting at people on my land.
>>
Nobody at university or people I meet at the rare party I'm able to go to give two shits about not having a facebook, instagram, snapchat, or any of that shit. I've got a twatter that I shitpost on and that's all.

I don't even have to explain that shit, just say I'm not into the whole thing.

The thing that sucks isn't that people or specifically females think I'm some would-be school shooter or rapist or anything for not having a social media account, but not being able to snap bitches really does detriment your chances. Its less of "omg hes so weird!!" and more of I stack up shittier to the competition that can appear interesting and cool because they can easily share themselves doing cool shit while I just don't keep a record of the cool shit that happens to me

are you sure you guys aren't over-reacting to people's impressions of you not having most or any social media?
>>
>>37520789
Because you dont have a constant profile that describes your identity here.It is literally the opposite of a stereotypcial social media outlet
>>
>>37521634
>they can easily share themselves doing cool shit while I just don't keep a record of the cool shit that happens to me
I keep my shit to my self.
Fuck what a cunt thinks.
And besides if you need to do "cool" shit to impress her shes not for you.
>>
>>37521695
>>37520957
>>37521006

Not him, but you come here to talk to other people and to collect (You)s instead of upvotes or likes and comments.

The fact that it's anonymous (unless you're a tripfag) is besides the point. It's social media for people who like to pretend that they're anti-social.
>>
File: 100000323561.jpg (87KB, 610x340px) Image search: [Google]
100000323561.jpg
87KB, 610x340px
>>37521734
Sure, I'm a more private person than many and especially than the very active social media users out there. It don't bother me very much, as I'm pretty uninterested in pursuing some girl for anything other than a fuck if I am gonna have to contrive some song and dance to ""convince"" her to be with me or something

I'm just making a point that not having snapchat etc does often have a logistical detriment to the pursuit of women for sex or relationships, regardless of whether other people view you as inferior or very odd for not having these things
>>
If you feel the need to deactivate your Facebook then you're using it wrong.

Why the fuck would people let their feed fill up with shit they don't want to see? Why do you friend people you don't like?
Retards.
>>
>>37519300
>I tell people now that I don't use any social media

It's autistic if you tell them about that and make a big deal out of it without them asking about it, yes.

But otherwise it's fine to not have any social media. They're huge time sinks.
>>
>>37521876
>implying 4chan isn't a huge time sink.
What the fuck else are you going to do with your shitty free time? Surely not something productive.
>>
>>37521854
What if it's just useless?

I don't feel the need to broadcast where I was and what I did today and how I felt and what my opinion is about something.

There's no point in having a facebook account anymore.
>>
>>37521816
>that not having snapchat etc
Never had social account but iirc snapchat is more private than facebook.
>>
File: 1479942689327.png (211KB, 567x589px) Image search: [Google]
1479942689327.png
211KB, 567x589px
>>37521935
yeah, I think that I am mis-speaking, though.

All I mean is that between two hypothetical individuals with the same characteristics in all realms, differing only in snapchat use, the individual using snapchat will be more likely to have sexual/romantic success than the other individual

>>37521928
don't have an FB myself, but it could be useful as a source of information for events, hangouts, sessions, etc etc ad nauseum.

thats the reason I first got a twitter years ago, because most of the people I know would talk about shit they were gonna do on it. now i just shitpost and thats pretty cool too
>>
Maybe. I remember there were some girls in my class who wanted to add everybody on facebook but couldn't find me. When I told them I had no such accounts, they strongly implied I was a creep who just used facebook to stalk girls (I think this was a non-sequitor but they could also have been idiots).

If you really want to be autistic, try not having a mobile phone and having to explain every time you fill out a form that you have nothing to fill in that mandatory field.
>>
>>37522346
>don't have an FB myself, but it could be useful as a source of information for events, hangouts, sessions

I used to be on facebook, and whenever I got invited to something I RSVP'd as a "maybe attending" and never showed up.

>>37521926
Sure 4chan is a huge time sink as well, so you better not have several huge time sinks.
>>
No don't ever go back OP
Just wait till there are political regimes targeting people from all dat metadata. Social media is literally going to kill people mark my fucking words. I deactivated my Facebook at the beginning of this year and people still see 'anon liked this page' in ads and stuff. They are still using my profile for advertising and shit it's fucked up
>>
File: 1496443669491.jpg (53KB, 800x723px) Image search: [Google]
1496443669491.jpg
53KB, 800x723px
>>37519300
>2017
>Still using social media
>>
>>37521810
i dont give a shit about (yous) i just come here too look at interesting things. The fact that it is an IMAGE BOARD with ANONYMOUS USERS means it is completely different from the likes of facebook, twitter, and instagram. Your point is moot
>>
just do what i do, have a facebook account but never post on it. as an undercover normalfag i have to have it otherwise i risk blowing my cover
>>
>>37521854
I deactivated my facebook cause I was getting anxious about people sending me messages, not because I saw stupid posts.
>Why do you friend people you don't like?
I don't have any people I like, where do you think you are?
>>
>>37519583
Facebook never deletes accounts. They retain all the data forever.

I once made a garbage account to snoop on people about 4 years ago. I quickly deactivated it after I sent an autistic message.

About a week ago I logged in just to see what happened, and it prompted me to check my email to click a link to reactivate.
>>
>>37519300
Nah you did the right thing. You would see a change in your mood in the long term (Mostly for the better).
>>
>do you have facebook?
>no i never really used it
>oh okay cool
I've had this conversation a million times
Whats wrong with you guys?
Or do you all live in California?
>>
>>37519300
I dont use any social media (at least dont have an account with posts/friend)

I used to be on facebook but i deleted almost everyone except from uncles and close people,i have the chat disabled and never post and the only reason i havent deleted is one single friend who i cant talk on the phone with regularly.

When they ask me about facebook i tell them that i closed mine long ago and proceed to call them addicts if they persist. Its payback for when i was ""addicted"" to online games. I guess its not considered an addiction if its a normie thing then ,right faggots? Double standards much
>>
>>37519300
I was about to do the same thing you do but in the end I decided to just "modify" my Facebook.

Kicked and blocked pretty much all of my friends, wiped all my posts, and ended u pfollowing shitposting pages and groups. Changed my name too.

It's a lot less cancerous that way. I only look it up if I'm bored on a bus or some other place.
>>
File: 3415631466316134.jpg (40KB, 496x404px) Image search: [Google]
3415631466316134.jpg
40KB, 496x404px
>>37524468
>spend 8 hours a day watching TV
no problem
>spend 8 hours a day looking at retarded 10 second long videos and watching prank videos
no problem
>spend 8 hours a day playing online games
they all freak out and tell you theres something wrong with you
>>
File: 1493899567994.jpg (82KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493899567994.jpg
82KB, 540x720px
>>37523997
You can delete accounts, Zuck just makes it much more difficult so people choose to deactivate it instead because they think its the same thing. Though I'm sure he still secretly stores all your personal info either way.
>>
>>37519300

Be prepared, for the modern person gives into the indulgence of socialization.
>>
>>37519300

They will look at you that way... For them you're just an odd one out now...
>>
>>37521006

What the fuck is antisocial media? I mean parts of liveleak might fit for that but there is not much antisocial to 4chan.
>>
>>37524666
considering that people only use this site to talk about trannies and shill overall degeneracy to unknown people .id say its pretty untisocial. People just use anonymity to fuck with each other
>>
>>37519583
>Facebook
>they actually delete your account
Oh boy, thanks for the hearty chuckle.
>>
File: 1487812593509.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1487812593509.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>>37524694
>if you regularly use 4chan you have probably already had more interaction with furries, pedophiles, and trannies than the the average person would have in multiple lifetimes
>>
>>37524879
i despise the place. But i need small talk to kill time when my friend is at work and my dad will only talk about politics repeating his 40 year old cassette every time we speak
>>
if you aren't a normie don't bother trying to fit in and use their stupid normie bullshit, you will never be one of them and they just laugh at you for trying
>>
>>37519300
>I tell people now that I don't use any social media, and they look at me like a leper.
I do not have any social media (aside from YouTube) as I know that none of my student colleagues in my uni would accept my friend request in Facebook, as I am failed in many things. It would be too hurtful to be rejected by them. Also, if I sent friend requests to them, and they rejected them, they would have to start acting hostile towards me, as if I had done something wrong so that they have to reject me and act hostile because of that. That is what people ALWAYS do: make the target of rejection look quilty, so that no one blames them for rejetion.

SOCIAL MEDIA IS A CURSE to all of those who are not socially acceptable. For example, if you are sexually failed, and can not be socially accepted because of that, you won't have any friends or followers in social media, except maybe other failures. And that is not enough. You need to have at least 100 decent friends in Facebook, to be accepted by most employers, no matter what is your talent level. If you have no Facebook, have only a few friends there or wrong type of friends, NO ONE will hire you, no matter how genious you are. That is because people are COMPLETELY BRAINLESS APES, who stare at the wrong things, such as being socially accepted.
And it is not just the employers: not having the needed amount of friends/followers in social media, will result in you being a leper to the point you'll be having hard times to succeed as an entepreneur either as no one wants to co-operate with you.

Social media made people like fucking brainless brats on a sand box, only playing with the ones who have many enough buddies already.

Someone should make a stop of it. Maybe by shooting couple of idiots who did not hire the genious just because he did not FUCKING HAVE FACEBOOK. Any retards like that deserve to die.
>>
>>37519300
>I tell people now that I don't use any social media, and they look at me like a leper.
Those BRAINLESS PAES should be shot. Seriously. Fucking idiots.
>>
>>37521515
>pointless posts about people's kids riddled with spelling and grammar mistakes, look-at-how-great-my-life-is pictures of people posing on mountain tops, middle-aged housewife-tier "deep" or "clever" image captions along with bastardized, misused memes from three years ago.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You nailed it.
>>
>>37525243
Correction: ... brainless APES ...
>>
>>37519300
if you're not using them it's probably better to avoid them before you post some autistic shit that you can never delete
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.