[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever met a super talented person that thought they sucked

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 440x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 440x360px
Have you ever met a super talented person that thought they sucked at what they do best? Why would they think that way?
>>
>>37515840
Yep, a friend of mine:
>Cambridge graduate
>Several published papers by the end of his undergrad
>Even his tutor said that he was one of the better minds he'd seen in his time

Despite all that he's always thought he wasn't that good at what he did, constantly expected to fail (even though he never did), and ended up finishing his masters and works for an engineering company that, quite honestly, doesn't appreciate him.
>>
>>37515840
Some people are perfectionists and constantly find flaws in their work. These people are rarely ever satisfied with anything they do, no matter how much praise they get from other people. It's what they call the creator's curse, where you simply expect the worst of yourself all of the time and nothing can really reassure you.

This is me, except I don't have any outstanding talents in the first place.
>>
>>37515907
>This is me, except I don't have any outstanding talents in the first place.

Well, you can't be an objective observer about yourself.
>>
File: sakura angels.jpg (87KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
sakura angels.jpg
87KB, 600x337px
>>37515941
I work for a video game company as their writer and random strangers talk shit about what I write all of the time. I sometimes wonder if all of it is true and I'm just trying to avoid accepting that fact.
>>
>>37516026
could also be jealousy, brother

do your thing. they didn't hire you cos you sucked
>>
>>37515840
i just met a talented person and it was shit she probably was one of those genius aspergers
>play games im 21
>im always at first place in team deathmatch
>suddenly one fucker surpasses me
>meh i just change the game mode
>receive friend request its him
>accept it
>sends me a message
>hey why did you leave you were the only one tht killed me
>say i got bored
>invites me to a private room to 1v1
>has voice chat on
>she is a girl
>ask for her age
>she is 14
>tell her she is good at this game
>she gives me her instagram
>its autist or asperger
>she wants to meet
i just ghosted her seriously why are roasties so dumb this is why teens get raped
hopefully a nerd good guy gets her because she is gonna get played all her life she is too naive
>>
>>37516252
>too naive
young women seek attention
that's just how we're wired
>>
>>37515840
Insecurity is part of what makes people successful, there's the famous story of how Caesar looked upon a statue of Alexander the Great and cried because he felt like a failure because he hadn't been as successful as Alexander by time he was 32. You're compared to your peers.
>>
File: 1446885330264.gif (510KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
1446885330264.gif
510KB, 700x827px
>>37516678
I wish I could have given Caesar a hug.
>>
>>37515840
For most people, even at what they do best, there will be countless others who are better at it than them. This includes people who don't put in half the time or effort, which really shits on the self esteem
>>
all artists will only see the imperfections, because you can't look at it as a whole. When you make something you make every little part of it to form a big picture. All the artist sees is the small parts in which they fucked up, or could have done better
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.