[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>parents think I have high social anxiety >parents signed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1476839850332.jpg (10KB, 350x334px) Image search: [Google]
1476839850332.jpg
10KB, 350x334px
>parents think I have high social anxiety
>parents signed me up to go to therapy
what should I expect robots? I've been to a therapists before to cure my ADD but it was a shit experience and i was given phony drugs I never bothered taking.
>>
Expect being forced to talk to a lady that pretends to listen to you, but instead shes looking for keywords in your sentences just to offer generic advices that have no meaning in your specific scenario. Plus she won't ever let you tell the full story

I used to go on group therapy as well, they're a joke. "Depression" etc.
>>
File: ee16v4x.png (427KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
ee16v4x.png
427KB, 500x707px
>>37515196
The hottest scam of the new age.
The point of therapy is to enforce a delusion upon you to help you cope. You only have to think you got better.
Mental illnesses can't be cured, only burried.
>>
>>37515196
therapy and medicine are a meme and a waste of time

also meds are extremely unhealthy for your body
>>
>>37515196
>what should I expect robots?
Probably weekly CBT for 10 to 12 weeks. You can decline psychotherapy in favor of an SSRI if you want. If you don't have social anxiety and you don't want to be there, let the therapist know.

>I've been to a therapists before to cure my ADD but it was a shit experience and i was given phony drugs I never bothered taking.
I assume they gave you a stimulant? It would have actually helped you if you tried it (and really do have ADD).
>>
File: 1481911357431.jpg (36KB, 446x367px) Image search: [Google]
1481911357431.jpg
36KB, 446x367px
>>37516054
>I assume they gave you a stimulant? It would have actually helped you if you tried it (and really do have ADD).
I actually did try it but it made me ill to my stomach
the drug was called focusil and it was a derivative of ritalin, the reason why i never took it was because i knew i didn't need it. My add wasn't due to my brain being screwy but because i never got a healthy dosage of sleep as a kid so i spaced out a lot in school and i didn't have the nerve to tell my therapist
>>
>>37516598
>focusil
Oh, Big Pharma, you did it again.
>>
>>37515196
lucky you are
>parents doesn't care if i have anxiety or depression
>they want me to get a job
>>
>>37516689
Get a job and stop using excuses.
>>
>>37516724
this
probably just anxious and depressed because he doesn't have a job anyway
redpill: flipping burgers makes people happy
>>
>>37515196
You need to establish therapeutic goals and time-frames. Never take a drug unless you have a plan to get off it.

t. Guy who was on 3mg Xanax daily for 10 years
>>
>>37515196
Therapy is decent for people who had a rough childhood or were raped or something but for people like us I don't think it works
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.