[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a "Total loser's guide to moving to a different

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1494790757783.jpg (322KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1494790757783.jpg
322KB, 1920x1280px
Can we get a "Total loser's guide to moving to a different town / city / state" thread? Specifically looking for advice related to the United States, but whatever keeps the thread afloat.

It's so hard to go independent as a young adult these days. Like literally impossible. Please inform us how to make it happen with nothing but the shirts on our backs. No normie advice.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 1000x695px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1000x695px
>>37514698
If you're already poor, you won't be able to afford another state. I've never met someone move up New York, only New Yorkers moving out.
>>
>>37514698
>It's so hard to go independent as a young adult these days. Like literally impossible
No, it isn't What even makes you think it is?
>>
>>37514734
>New York
It goes without saying that New York is completely off the table, but you can't generalize from that to the rest of the country.

>>37514767
You need a job to get a place to rent but you can't get a job without a place to rent.
>>
>>37514698
>It's so hard to go independent as a young adult these days
depends where you live, I used to bartend in London and had to house share with 2 other guys otherwise there is no way I could afford the bills, decide to look for jobs in smaller places and found this one in small country town and everything is so much cheaper and comfy. easily afford to live alone and such.
>>
>>37514698
Where exactly are you at OP?
>>
>>37514791
>You need a job to get a place to rent but you can't get a job without a place to rent.
Then don't move to a different town you can reach from your current home. Get a job at random town in driving distance, make money and rent a flat in said town.
>>
>>37514809
Why does that matter here?
>>
>>37514698
>Neet khv 22
>can't move out cuz no money
should i walk? or ask for a ride with the risk of getting killed in a road or raped or enslaved?
>>
>>37514832
Because certain places have lower costs of living than others. Say he's in California, if he doesn't have much money and can't move out of state he's fucked because the cost of living there is ridiculously high.
>>
>>37514864
Don't you have any kind of advice for someone in that hypothetical situation? There has to be some way out no matter how bad it is for you. Is it really this difficult to skip town and start a new life elsewhere? Which places do you recommend?
>>
>>37514891
My advice if you can't move out at the moment is to save money. Easier said than done, I know, but there's a lot to factor in how much time that'll take and a lot of that has to deal with location. Job prospects, cost of living, taxes and a bunch of other things factior in to moving to another city or state. It's not impossible by any means, but it can be more difficult depending on where you currently are.
>>
>>37514937
That's not very helpful advice.
>>
>>37514937
I'd second this. There's no sugar-coating it that without cash (or potential for cash), you're not going anywhere.

Do what you have to do, start some type of online venture, mow lawns, whatever it takes. If you want it badly enough, you'll get the cash.

Or, you can start networking in the city that you want to go to. Get online and start getting to know people there. Ask questions, etc. Or, print out a bunch of resumes, save up to get a small room for the weekend (or couchsurf) and go to the different places in the city ask if anyone's hiring. Diners, gas stations, etc. Just hustle your ass from sunup to sundown. Meet people. If you know someone in the city, that'll probably help a ton.

Get moving.
>>
>>37514993
What else am I supposed to tell you? That's all there is to it. Just make sure you can move to a place where you don't have to sell a body part on the black market to live and where you can find work. No cash = no move, simple as that. I don't think I can simplify that anymore than it already is.
>>
>>37514937
>>37515044
This is the most boomer advice I've ever read on /r9k/
>>
File: 1496043414321.png (483KB, 614x614px) Image search: [Google]
1496043414321.png
483KB, 614x614px
>>37514698
In case people where wondering what normie advice means
>Yeah man, just get your parents to cosign
>Stay with some friends in town until you can get a job in your field and find some places with a 6 month lease
>Dude just save up a ton of money. It's not like every place demands your income be at least 3x rent or every roommate seeker online be an insufferable, nosy extravert
>>
>>37515062
You wanted advice, you got advice anon. I'm no fan of boomers either but that's really the best advice one can give for this.
>>
>>37515138
I think OP just wants a way he can magically transport himself into a new life without actually doing anything.
>>
>>37514698

In Canada; from the GTA suburbs. I want to move to another city perferably province.

Toronto feels too close (but someone could make a case for it)

I guess Vancouver, Halifax or somewhere in Saskatchewan. Any recommendations ?
>>
>>37515337
Depending on what you do, Edmonton or Calgary could be a potential. Right now, the economy isn't that great, but it's a lot better than GTA or Vancouver, cost-wise, and when things pick up again, you could be doing well.

The weather is absolute dogshit, though.

I'd stay away from Sask/Man, though. Really poor areas, I think.
>>
>>37515770
>Depending on what you do, Edmonton or Calgary could be a potential

software dev

what is the pro of moving there ?

Atleast with BC the weather is nicer
>>
>>37515793
Like I said, it's better from a COL standpoint and, in general, when oil prices are up, there's work.

But, for software dev specifically, you won't be very well re$pected IMHO, which is why I left there and moved to the US.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.