[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>learning piano >post video of myself playing a Bach invention

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1404661748681.jpg (13KB, 229x208px) Image search: [Google]
1404661748681.jpg
13KB, 229x208px
>learning piano
>post video of myself playing a Bach invention (No. 8 F Major) on a piano forum for feedback
>they tell me I play it without fault
>one of them asks me how long I've been playing
>tell them 4 weeks
>they don't believe my progress
>call me a liar
>tell them I practice 4-6 hours a day on average
>they tell me I shouldn't be learning such pieces so early on
>tell me it's harmful and that I could injure myself
>same people who praised my playing now start finding errors in the video I posted
>tell me I should find a teacher and practice less if I want to learn properly
>one guy assures himself that I will burn out and give up, while serious students like him who practice only a few hours per week and progress at a reasonable pace will surpass immature students like me in the end
why do normies get so hostile when they see someone who's more dedicated to their hobby than they are?
>>
File: 1490551929733s.jpg (6KB, 250x221px) Image search: [Google]
1490551929733s.jpg
6KB, 250x221px
>>37511041

Jealousy. Don't listen to them, they are fucking idiots, especially the one who said you could injure yourself (on a fucking piano). But if you're really willing to invest yourself in piano then you probably should get a teacher
>>
>>37511112
>Continuous/repetitive activity doesn't cause harm.

They are right to a degree. You should limit how much you practice each day to avoid straining yourself. But keep up the good work anon.
>>
post it here bro I wanna hear what all the fuss is about
>>
Post the video. Get some fair and accurate criticism from actual musicians. Sounds like those who commented on it are tonedeaf and have zero sense of music. Someone who actually knows how to play the piano can very easily tell if you only have a few weeks of practice.
>>
A good rule of thumb is that the second reaction is always the truthful one. You should search out a teacher to make sure your hand form won't potentially ruin you down the road due to muscle strain or cartilage breakdown. If you're already doing Bach inventions you should be musically advanced enough to eat up the technique stuff and get on the road to making some seriously good music.
>>
They do have a point. It can be damaging to your muscle memory to try to play super advanced pieces, like shredder guitarist wannabes who ruin their technique trying to play fast straight away.
>>
>>37511041
The answer is font think about it -rick
>>
>>37511041
Post your exquisite piece anon, I must cherish it.
>>
I play piano to a good standard (hardest piece I can play is Mendelssohn's rondo capriciosso). Post your vid here for feedback.
>>
Music about what you want, don t guve a shit about them if You play so much keep going, it will never be harmful. On the other hand if one day you hurt your hand you have to let it recover more than necesaary , and when you play again do it slowly. Otherwise you can have permanent domage dont do like me bro
>>
>>37511041
Post us the video my lad.
>>
>>37511041
>4 weeks
How did you learn to play with both hands doing different things? I've tried to learn the piano many times over the course of 10 years and I just can't do it. Am I retarded?
>>
>>37512671
Yes, (not op) but I learne dto play the piano with both hands doing different things on year two of learning... when I was 11
>>
>>37511112
don't have the money for that, I wouldn't want to have to commit to meeting someone every week either. I only play because I'm a NEET with nothing else to do with my time

>>37512612
it wouldn't be a good idea, I posted it under my real name

>>37512671
no idea, I just learn to play small segments of a couple bars at a time hands separate, then when I have them down play slowly hands together, and then I develop hand independence some time in that stage. I know when I have it because the first time I try to play at speed one hand will end up playing quicker than the other and they will desynchronize
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.