[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/ I just got a good idea. What if we just had elected

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1495504390424.jpg (349KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1495504390424.jpg
349KB, 1600x1064px
Hey /r9k/ I just got a good idea. What if we just had elected moderators on /r9k/, that way the management and population would be closely linked and the board would be better managed. We could reform it to be less like /b/ and more like classic 4chan. Thoughts?
>>
File: 1493984475556.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1493984475556.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>37496965
>Thoughts?

I want this
>>
>>37496965
What makes you think we have the power to do something like that?
>>
>>37496965
https://wakaba.c3.cx/soc/kareha.pl/1436380977/

it existed a while back at demochan.org

didn't work out too great, most of the discussion revolved around the working of the boards itself
>>
>oh no a good thread
>better delete it
>more room for the fembots and and tranny threads :DDD
>time for my hourly 6pack of hotpockets

I want there to be no mods. Fucking redditfags have a huge hardon for jannies and mods but that is because they are retarded.
>>
>>37496994
I don't know how we'd go about this.
It's an idea that most site staff are hostile to, and the dinosaurs running 4chan are no exception.
>>37497186
Well I think its more an issue of implementation. We'd need solid procedures, and multiple moderators agreeing to enforce rules as present. Board rules could be changed if the moderator agrees to a refferendum and the refferendum could determine board rules. Naturally board rules conflicting with site policy such as no illegal content would be vetoed from above.
>>37497188
We can't get rid of mods and we need rules, but when moderators are all appointed by people who know nothing about the userbase and its culture we get shit like modern /r9k/
>>
>>37497325
>Well I think its more an issue of implementation

I highly recommend you read more into the history of demochan

it was implemented as well as it could have been. In fact I wish the admin didn't delete the site, I really liked it.

each board that was created had multiple
"parties" that could run for the moderation of the board and I believe the election was weekly

so it wasn't the rules which switched, rather it was the moderators who could run on whatever platform they wished
>>
>>37496994
>>37497325
I guess the first step would be a long campain of trying to reach out to the site admins and consistently having threads where we discuss specifics so that we could have a steady stream of threads discussibng the issue so it's jnot just spamming do this reee.
>>
>>37497388
>Parties
Even if the parties are loose groups of users they still exist as political bodies and present problems secondly
>so it wasn't the rules which switched, rather it was the moderators who could run on whatever platform they wished
The problem with this is if moderators run on whatever platform and can use moderatory powers however they wish then there's not really order. Every time opinion sways slightly or enough dedicated trolls whine then things change. I'm proposing a system that will limit that effect by making rules not people the authority.
>>
>>37497396
I don't think the "site admins" wold find an idea thay would ultimately get the site less traffic too appealing. Hiro very clearly doesn't care about 4chan's quality, but about getting people to click on ads and get 4chan passes to make money. This idea is comfy, but in practive it is just a waste of time
>>
>>37497494
I reject the notion that it would decrease site traffic. 4chan has been slowly dying for a while, and improving the quality of boards while being a short term hit to userbase will allow the userbase to begin growing again.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.