[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone quit 4chan before? for how long? anyone thinking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: asip.jpg (30KB, 474x320px) Image search: [Google]
asip.jpg
30KB, 474x320px
anyone quit 4chan before? for how long? anyone thinking of quitting now?
>>
I quit 4chan a year ago and never came back
>>
>>37489558
Noone would miss you, noone would think "where is that boring anon with shit content?" Do it nobody cares.
>>
>>37489568
Your here now quitting means not coming here at all right?
>>37489558
I had a 6 month streak but I'm probably never going to leave.
>>
>>37489624
shit how did i mis s that?
>>
>>37489605
clearly you enjoy this so much you arent ever leaving lol
>>
>>37489558
A while ago I got tired of all the bullying and ignorance regarding my hobby. I also got tired of knowing that Hiro was allowing malicious and redirect ads on the homepage for over a year. Yes, I have an ad-blocker and they didn't really affect me, but it still made me feel disillusioned with the site. I started browsing reddit, and found out it's actually good if you find specific subs for your interests and stay off the main page/political subs.

But there's still something about 4chan that made me want to come back. Being anonymous feels freeing, in a way. I think a lot of conversations happen that wouldn't happen otherwise if people couldn't be Anonymous. And I know that a lot of people on this website are suffering in some way, and I try to alleviate that a little bit. I've gotten multiple responses from other Anons thanking me and telling me that I'm a good person. I think it's a way to truly do good without an expectation of a reward, which is what a lot of people should learn to do.
>>
>>37489558
I have tried multiple times, still no sccess
>>
4 years
came back now
the 'good' boards are complete shit and got worse
the few not shit boards just kept going as usual and I can feel like home their without being flooded with trap, cuck, interracial threads
>>
I quit for a year and then came back for shit posting.

Be aware you gain nothing from coming here. There's no benefit from it, it's just a shallow pool of trash talk
>>
>>37489753
>Be aware you gain nothing from coming here. There's no benefit from it, it's just a shallow pool of trash talk
I dunno about that. I sometimes see people discussing important topics with passion sometimes, in a civilized way here. If you only look for the shitposting threads, that's all you see, but if you ignore them sometimes you can find a diamond.
>>
File: de7.png (264KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
de7.png
264KB, 728x546px
>>37489558
Quit an entire year. Best days of my life. Considering quitting again.

Before I quit I was depressed and browsed /pol/ all the time. When I quit I had a surge of hope and made friends and did well in college. Now I'm back and depressed and browse /pol/ all the time
>>
>>37489814
this attitude is really unrealistic. it's like yu are trying to rationalize eating chocolate you find in a vat of shit
>>
Quit for a year before too. Came back 4 months ago. I should quit again
>>
>>37489719

Yes. Reddit is a lot better for discussion, but there's always that feeling of needing to be politically correct and following more stricter rules since anyone can look at your posting history. You could make an alt account, but people have ways to figure out whose alt account you are. People will also harass you if you're caught posting in certain subreddits /r/the_donald). People will also downvote you or harass you if you're being sarcastic, but don't use the /s tag.
>>
>>37489884
You'll never find a website with 100% top-notch deep and insightful conversations. But 4chan is definitely unique, you can't deny that, which spawns entirely different kinds of conversations.

It's not unrealistic to say you should look for good things to focus on.
>>
>>37489558

quit /r9k/ for 2 years

>made friends irl because forced to speak to others instead of robots
>worked out and actually got shredded
>started eating very healthy which forced me to learn how to cook and become a pretty decent one at that
>picked up cool hobbies

then i got a gf who turned out to have bpd, drove me to alcoholism, stripped me of all the improvements i made, and now im back
>>
>>37489965
no it's awful here and you are retarded
>>
>>37489950
Yeah, I don't like that about reddit. And the people constantly making low quality posts with puns so they can get their thousands of upvotes just make entire comment sections not worth reading sometimes.

But, maybe it's okay for some people to disregard your posts if you're a shitposter who frequents a shitposting sub.

That's why I said I mainly stay off the political subs. Both sides are too extreme most of the time and have no interest in having actual discussions with people they disagree with. I feel like I'm in a tiny minority in that regard, I'll gladly have discussions with people I disagree with without harassing them or calling them names because I would want them to learn and do better. That's a problem on /pol/ too, though, they call everyone they disagree with a shill or liberal leftist extremist snowflake feminist cuck.
>>
>>37490019
Okay well I'll continue to enjoy the few quality threads I find on here sometimes and ignore you if this is all you want to keep saying, like I ignore the other low quality threads. Good luck and I hope you can learn to not focus on bad things so much, although that's good to a certain extent so you can see what's wrong and what not to do, but it shouldn't become an obsession that blinds you from the good either. I love you.
>>
>>37490047
if you are this content being here you are retarded. you should aspire to leave here and recognize what a waste of life this is.
>>
>>37489558
I never quitted the site but it went from being something I seek out to the thing I do when I don't have anything else to do
I easily go days without coming here without noticing but everyone has at least an hour to kill here and there
I'm no longer adicted
>>
Why is it the stupidest posters browse /r9k/? It's no wonder you faggots can't get a girlfriend. Depression when browsing pol? All that other shit being spouted in this thread.
4chan is just a form of entertainment. That's it. Nothing to "quit", get depressed out, be literally shaking over.
>Go to board
>Read thread
>Be entertained

That's fucking it.
If you don't like 4chan the leave. If you do then stay.
No one is going to notice which one you do.
Noone is going to notice your trip.
Noone cares about you, when the thread 404s you are forgotten.

Kill yourself
>>
>>37490111
I browse other websites, I don't spend the majority of my time here. There are plenty of times when I'll go a while without going to 4chan at all, or look through the threads on the catalog and not see anything worthwhile and go do something else. But there are still certain things worth participating in sometimes, that you can't really find on other sites.
>>
>>37489558
when i wasn't depressed, about 4 years ago, for around 3 months
>>
>>37489558
Eh I tend to drift in and out for years now. I browse here often for a month or so, then I stop coming for a month or so then come back for another month or so. Been that way for 4 years now. Before that I was on this site nearly every waking moment of my life. I have no intention on quitting though even though things aren't as they used to, I still love this place, consider it my home.
>>
i quit 4chan last november because warped my worldview. came back a few months later, it doesnt warp my worldview anymore
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.