[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw depression cured Fucking scammy psychiatrists have it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: sdf.jpg (37KB, 600x653px) Image search: [Google]
sdf.jpg
37KB, 600x653px
>tfw depression cured

Fucking scammy psychiatrists have it the wrong way around. You don't fix depression by fixing your thought patterns, your thought patterns are a result of your mental state, fixing your thought patterns WILL NOT fix your mental state but fixing your mental state WILL fix your thought patterns.

So fix the part of your brain that isn't made of words, fix the emotional part. How do you do this? By literally feeling happier, just force yourself to feel happy, feel it rise within your mind, within your body. Don't use words to do this like the scam artists tell you, just FEEL it.

Disclaimer, this might not work with really bad forms of depression.
>>
It's literally that easy btw

plus it cured my visual snow and I have way less anxiety. Your mental state will bob up and down as you try this, but don't give up just keep trying
>>
>>37489149
So in other words:

>just be happy bro
>>
FUCKING NORMALFAGS GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SDASDASDAVAXC
>>
How long does it take for this to work?
>>
>>37489791

Is this the rarest pepe?
>>
>>37489149
>you don't fix depression by fixing your thought patterns, you fix depression by fixing your thought patterns!
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>37489919
Nope. If you want the rarest pepe possible, you must do the following: Draw a pepe with your eyes closed, and fold the paper so you don't see it afterwards. Lock it in a metal box and bury it in a very remote location. No one will ever see your pepe not even you.
>>
>>37489887
It was instantaneous but at first you keep falling back into depression, took me a day or two to stabilise
>>
>>37490186
Thought patterns = the actual words in your mind

Psychiatrists tell you to think positively, when they say this they literally mean think things like "I am happy, my life is great and I love myself" of course this shit doesn't work if you've got a bad mental state because you won't actually believe it. It's not the words in your mind that matter, it's the feelings behind them, animals don't think in English, they just feel.

What I'm saying is you should feel postively, not think it, literally have no words in your head just have a feeling of positivity

Even if you still think this falls under "thought pattern" it's not what the psychiatrists are saying
>>
BREAKING NEWS: ANONYMOUS POSTER ON AN ANIME IMAGE BOARD DISCOVERS THE CURE TO DEPRESSION, AND IT WILL SHOCK YOU
>>
>>37489149
>tfw +6years of neethood and depression
I know how to fix it,in fact plenty of neets and robots know
Its just that we feel that not being depressed its not our true self we've been depressed for so long that its our natural state now we feel weird being happy.
Only roasties and normies can't handle depression and end up in psychiatris or pills
But if you don't like to be depressed its really easy YOUR own fucking brain fixes it if you're not a brainlet.
>>
>>37490587
Dude, I'm not selling anything

You can either try it or not, if it doesn't work you lose nothing. I just want to help, you don't have to listen.
>>
>>37489149
Thoughts CAUSE emotion you numbnut, thoughts are composed of more than words. Look into NLP, you have visual, auditory, and kinesthetic modes of thinking.
>>
>>37490587

Try harder

>BREAKING NEWS: ANONYMOUS POSTER ON A MONGOLIAN DEEP SEA FISH AND TACKLE IMAGE BOARD DISCOVERS THE CURE TO DEPRESSION, FIND OUT BEFORE ITS ILLEGAL
>>
How do you force a feeling
>>
>>37490876
You can't

Terrace High
>>
>>37489149
Maybe the toughts of having found an instant magic cure for one of the most common illnesses of the 21st century is what is "fixing" your "mental state" whatever that means lol
>>
>>37490719
It's more like thoughts, feelings, and behavior cause each other, but you have the right idea.
>>
>>37489149
I've felt the same way you're feeling now. Trust me, it will come back in a few weeks and 10x worse. After that you will feel great.
>>
>>37490719
Not really.

Think. When you love someone do you say "I love you" and then feel the love or do you feel the love and then say "I love you"
>>
>>37491047
um yes, you're expressing a feeling based on a matrix of thoughts.

Think. When you think about the person you love, is it just a feeling? or do you make pictures in your head too? or perhaps imagine what they said to you.

It sounds to me like you are predominantly kinesthetic, but you will still have visual and auditory overlap with feelings.
>>
>>37491118
I don't think you're disagreeing with me.

I guess "thought pattern" was the wrong word to use, I really mean your internal monologue.

Most psychiatrists that I've been to just tell me to change my internal monologue to positive phrases, but it never worked because behind it I still felt bad, and the words seemed meaningless cause I didn't believe them.
>>
>just force yourself to feel happy
>just stop being depressed xDDDD
>>
>>37491177
Yes, it's not just what you say, but how you say it to yourself.

Quick experiment: Think of something you really believe to be true, what are the qualities of that thought pattern? a strong feeling? notice where in your body you feel it, also notice the quality of the "internal monologue", does the voices sound different from how you spoke those "positive phrases" to yourself?

This is how your brain classifies something as "true", versus what you did with the phrases, which your brain categorized as "bullshit", "not true".
>>
File: Your actions have consequences.jpg (200KB, 778x675px) Image search: [Google]
Your actions have consequences.jpg
200KB, 778x675px
If you want to work past your depression you have to realise that most of the suffering you endure in your life is a result of your own choices.
You could live a better life if you chose to, it will be difficult and you may give up at times, but as long as you keep trying that's all that matters. It's ok that it's hard, everything worthwhile is.
All you have to do it to stop putting off the things you know need to be done.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.