[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 25 year old dude with asperger's syndrome and supposedly

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: wtf han.png (161KB, 302x322px) Image search: [Google]
wtf han.png
161KB, 302x322px
I'm 25 year old dude with asperger's syndrome and supposedly ADHD on top of that (doctor wasn't very clear on that), and I just got a prescription for a drug named concerta. Still haven't taken any because I need to build up my courage, but I have read online it's supposedly very helpful if you have concentration issues.

I also read it's commonly issued for children, how come I got prescription at age of 25? What am I in for? I also made this thread yesterday, but I would like to hear more about this concerta. I wasn't diagnosed with ADHD before, but the new doctor saw my papers and insisted to reevaluate them, and then she wrote the prescription for concerta.

Here's some of my problems with concentration
>get really exhausted after reading just few pages of book, even if I find the book interesting
>can play vidya for like 30 minutes, then I need to take a hour long break
>have to take breaks during watching movies
>school grades have always been pretty bad, spent most of the class drawing stick men and starting at walls
>hard time with conversations, can't keep up with long discussions

Some of them are probably asperger related, but ADHD must play some part as well. The doctor said my exhaustion could be the result of me pushing myself to the limits when concentrating and using unnecessary amounts brain power, thus ending up exhausted really quick. And because I'm always exhausted and tired from doing brainwork, I'm too tired to keep up with social stuff.

Any experiences with concerta? Anyone else here with asperger's and/or ADHD with concerta medication? I'm also worried the side effects will overweight the benefits, I'm really sensitive to all kinds of substances and I get really anxious after one cup of coffee. I heard to most common side effects are mild headache and lack of appetite, but those don't really worry me. I'm more worried that the drug will drive me insane or something.

TL;DR:
Got a prescription for concerta, what am I in for?
>>
>>37488323
Why the fuck didn't you ask your doctor this shit? Is this some retarded copypasta? How is your doctor unclear on whether or not you have ADHD? This is either some really bizarre troll attempt or you have a shitty doctor.
>>
>>37488323
its really nice, it should help a lot.
When i took Ritalin the first time i felt like a god.
Be careful tho, you can get addicted to that shit fairly quick.
>>
>>37488378
Well what the fuck was I supposed to ask from the doctor? All I got was the prescription, pamphlet about concerta, and a long lecture about the headaches and nausea. I thought it was pretty self explainatory, and desu I was also kind of not listening because I was so anxious.
It's not like the doctor said "Anon, you have ADHD", the doctor only talked about concentration issues, and by those words and the prescription drug specifically made for ADHD patients, I think it's pretty safe to assume I have ADHD diagnosis.

I also find it more comfortable to ask these casually on here where people may have actually used the drug.

>How is your doctor unclear on whether or not you have ADHD?

No, the doctor is not unclear, I'm unclear. And frankly I don't even care if I have ADHD or not, because I know I have concentration issues and now I got a medicine for it.
>>
>>37488422
Yeah I'm not planning to eat it every day. School days only. I'm taking the minimum dosage.
>>
>>37488445
Ok sorry man, but seriously, these are all questions you 100% should have asked your doctor if you were concerned. If she's a half-decent doctor she'll understand you're anxious, particularly if she knows you have Asperger's.

For example, this:

>I'm also worried the side effects will overweight the benefits, I'm really sensitive to all kinds of substances and I get really anxious after one cup of coffee. I heard to most common side effects are mild headache and lack of appetite, but those don't really worry me. I'm more worried that the drug will drive me insane or something.

should absolutely have been talked through in detail with your doctor. I'm no expert, but I believe most drugs are far more effective when the person taking them is fully on board and understands the exact reason they're being prescribed. For example, is this expected to be a short term thing or will you be taking the drugs for years? Those sorts of questions are extremely important. It's absolutely unacceptable for you to be unclear on whether or not you've been diagnosed with ADHD.

Good luck mate, hope it all works out for you.
>>
>>37488323
I strongly doubt you have aspergers if you have difficulty focusing on something that interests you

Your doctor sounds like a fucking hack
>>
What is the dosage?
>>
>>37489091
Oh I can focuse on things that interest me, I just get very exhausted by it. I love reading, but I get physically tired after just few pages. I sometimes need to take naps after doing some programming.
The doctors I visited are very good, I'm just very bad at explaining things. The point of the thread was to talk about concerta and the effects of it. I'm just very anxious and scared that the drug will mess me up.

>>37489110
Whatever is the minimum dosage. The doctor said that we would start with minimum dosage, but considering my height and weight I could be taking much larger dosages. But we go with the minimum dosage for now, and if it works, it works. If it doesn't work, the dosage will be made larger. I even will receive a special ID in the mail so that I can get concerta from the drug store and have the government pay part of it.
>>
Y'know, if you really want to see what drug would be the most effective for you and you have decent insurance, I'd recommend a gene test. Figured out that stimulants don't work too well for me and now I'm on Strattera.

Good luck fellow ADHD anon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.