[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't you wish you were born in the Middle Ages, /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1880.jpg (599KB, 1200x1129px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1880.jpg
599KB, 1200x1129px
Don't you wish you were born in the Middle Ages, /r9k/?
>grow up in small village, know everyone by name, no anomie and anxiety that comes from living disconnected lives with nobodies
>clean air, outdoors most of the time
>all the girls are upright and moral, all of them are god fearing; church is actually a bonding experience
>get to work on a farm, it's hard work but it's rewarding; your sweat and labor are transformed into the food you put on your table, you can take pride in your work instead of being a faceless wagecuck
>get an arranged marriage with the qt you've had a crush on since forever, her parents are less fortunate than yours and need you to marry her
>get a sweet ass gift just for taking the girl (who you wanted anyway)
>she's at perfect age, good Christian girl
>does whatever you say
>when harvest time is over literally all you have to do is fuck each other
>all your children would love you and wouldn't be corrupted by modernity
>you might get to prove yourself in glorious battle, perhaps even taking a bit of the riches back to your family
Objectively your life would be better
>bbbbut muh disease
Not an argument
>>
>all your children would love you
Well, those that don't die in childbed. Like your wife probably would.
And then you cut yourself on some farm appliance and die of sepsis. Worth it. Or if you're lucky you'll live long enough to get cavalry'd by some noble from France who's basically having a family feud with his cousin from England so you and everyone you know gets killed in battle by a guy whose armor is worth more than what you make in a lifetime. That is, if you make anything and aren't just a serf whose continuing survival (and his whole family's) is dependent on a 3 acre potato farm. That you don't even own.
>muh disease not an argument
Sure if you like dying of the Plague I guess.
>>
>Not being a member of lower nobility
>bully serfs and collect taxes for daddy
>murder dad, frame brothers for it
>assume control
>play city builder IRL
>marry a wealthy heiress
>inherit her lands
>live in comfort
>fuck my cousins

Like being a NEET
>>
File: Av67q09.jpg (372KB, 800x938px) Image search: [Google]
Av67q09.jpg
372KB, 800x938px
>Fight in a massive battle
>Probably get killed or a limb cut off, but at least not sitting around and withering away.
>>
>>37485978
>Don't you wish you were born in the Middle Ages, /r9k/?

>Be born
>Have a 50% chance of dying in my first year of life

sounds really nice man
>>
>>37486202
OP suffers from the economic bluepill conservative mindset. The same one that is used to make millions of poor people vote against their own interests because of some dream idea that rarely ever happens.

You have the economically conservative redpill mindset, the same one that the cryptofeudal lords of today's world have. If you were born rich today and joined the right kind of interest groups (conspiracies), you would make it.
>>
>>37485978
>Have to participate in backbreaking labour because all the horses are the lords
>Can barely feed yourself because the lord took all your wheat as tax
>Die at age 25 because the measly 2000 calories a day you have left is starvation
Sounds fucking great
>>
>not going back to preliterate eras
>>
>>37486348
>Chogg Thunderogg whacks you while all the girls of the tribe jump on his dick because he killed a boar
gg no re
>>
File: middleagescaduceus.jpg (329KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
middleagescaduceus.jpg
329KB, 1280x720px
I really wish I was. Life seemed so simple but meaningful back then.
>>
>>37486290
>he fell for the "peasants were taxed hard and could rarely eat" meme

Historically they worked less hours then we do today and taxes were much lower.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.