[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently this show was too deep and sad for normies. That

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: 339392.jpg (65KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
339392.jpg
65KB, 540x800px
So apparently this show was too deep and sad for normies. That should really tell you something.

A quick rundown

>Show is literally a Tumblrina/White knight wet dream
>Starts with a girl called Hannah Baker and Clay who receives her tapes
>Clay is too pansy to listen to all the tapes in one session
>Each tape is one episode focusing on each main character
>tl;dr for the tapes: Hannah kills herself because she got sexually violated and raped
>This is apparently too dark for normies
>>
Couldn't bring myself to even watch the show. The main character just looked like such a nu-male that I couldn't deal with it. Also it was pretty obvious why she'd kill herself. The entire story is really fucking cliche. Anytime there's any kind of "troubled" female character in media it has something to do with rape. They might be sympathize-able if it weren't for the knowledge that they'd be roastie whores is they hadn't been raped. They'll just take advantage of the beta until she gets enough confidence to start fucking chad, and then when chad dumps her, she'll go back to the beta for emotional support since she can't do anything by herself, and when the beta finally stands up to her he's apparently now a creep, a "nice guy", a loser, and an asshole, and apparently his rejection of her bitchyness is "why he'll never get a gf". So yeah, fuck this show and fuck dumb roasties who think it's good.
>>
Good good, I hated every single character on this show except for the main character (Mud or something?)'s dad.
>>
>>37484616
>Mud or something
https://youtu.be/953PkxFNiko
>>
>>37484586
Women live on easymode so rape and other sex shit are the only troubles they can have.
>>
File: 1489196038571.jpg (67KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
1489196038571.jpg
67KB, 800x530px
its for roastie teenages who think their edgy cause they watch "dark shows". in reality its like every other suicide story ever told and somehow the worst of them all
>>
>>37484586

Agreed. It had a lot of SJW themes to it. The only reason why I binge watched was because I still wanted to figure out why she died at the end because her character was bitchy. All I got was

>She was "misunderstood" because she expected Clay and the School counselor to read her mind
>Still wasn't her fault that she herself walked into that fucking PARTY
>>
I dropped this on episode 1 simply because of how fucking unbelievable the characters were. It plays out like some sort of overly pretentious teenager's inner monologue in terms of dialogue/interactions while at the same time bringing in every single cliche from every tv drama ever and even some comedic tropes (I'm thinking of the scene when the girl tricks the guy into getting on the wrong bus and he shouts her name all over-dramatically for comedic effect).

It was painful to watch and not because of the topic/theme but the horrendous writing.
>>
I don't understand why women in countries with laws wouldn't simply gouge a man's eye out for attempted rape. The eye is right fucking there, just penetrate it or be penetrated, pretty simple fucking choice I think.
>>
File: 1455292842370.png (70KB, 440x470px) Image search: [Google]
1455292842370.png
70KB, 440x470px
>>37484490

Guys, imagine an /r9k/ 13 reasons why

>Main character is a depressed NEET in his mid-to-late 20's who killed himself
>The series show different event throughout his life that led him to suicide
>Shows main character deals with issues such as hatred for popular culture, bullying by chads, severe depression, realization of concepts such as the social hierarchy, giving up on relationships etc
>Show's main focus is to show why suicide shouldn't be demonized and is an actual option in some cases
>Also hate on normies
>>
>>37485129
>suicide shouldnt be demonized
good luck with that
>>
I'm gonna be completely honest I couldn't watch the part where she slits her wrist because i'm a little bitch.
>>
>>37485129
id watch it (but 90% of the population wouldnt even touch it)
>>
>>37485129
It would be depressing but I doubt it would be popular
>>
File: beta uprising.png (94KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
beta uprising.png
94KB, 396x385px
a uncept, ugly beardo who is bitter and lonely will not appeal to normies.

they only prefer the romanticized teen prettyboy/girl who basically flaunts their "depression" coyishly and is over dramatic rather than awkward and stoic.
>>
>>37484490
some friends of mine were talking about how great and deep that show was and how well it delt with depression so i recommended oyasumi punpun they instantly said its stupid because its a manga.
>>
>>37484586
>She was "misunderstood" because she expected Clay and the School counselor to read her mind
So poorly written. If that was seriously the best excuse they had for why Clay had to listen to the tapes then they just should've never made the show.
>>
Don't forget that the Alex character kills himself over it and no one really gives a shit. It's basically just a side plot that gets glossed over.

No one cares about male suicide.
>>
>>37484490
So wait why the fuck is it Clay's responsibility to have "saved" her?

This feels like some gender double standard bullshit.
>>
>>37485888

>This feels like some gender double standard bullshit.

Indeed it was. Not only did Clay feel responsible for Hannah's death but he also felt responsible for the death of Jeff, his former Chad friend.

Here's how it went

>Clay and Hannah kiss each other and almost have sex
>Hannah remembers how she was objectified
>Pushes Clay
>Tells him to leave him alone
>HE DOES
>Clay sees his friend Jeff and Jeff tells him he's about to go on a beer run
>Hannah stays in the room and cries
>Hears her ex best friend Jessica come in
>Hides in the closet
>Jessica gets raped by one of the Chads in the show
>After the Chad leaves, Hannah vomits and leaves as well
>Sheri, Hannah's black friend offers her a ride
>Hannah distracts Sheri because she pauses and has second thoughts about mentioning the rape
>Sheri runs over a stop sign and doesn't want to call the police
>Generic old man doesn't see the stop sign and crashes into Jeff's car
>Jeff dies in the crash

This is some bullshit though. If someone would've stayed like Clay he would have been charged with rape.
>>
>>37484490
>entire world dies in a horrific zombie apocalypse
sounds good to me
>somebody is sexually assaulted and kills themselves
now that's just too far
>>
>>37484490
This show was fucking hard to watch it reminded me of everything I missed out on growing up
>>
>>37486478

>even the socially awkward kid who is clay got to kiss a couple girls at 17

how this make you feel?
>>
>>37486510
He's not awkward, robots are more similar to the school photographer
>>
The book was slightly less stupid and way less SJW than the show. Hardly anything happened in present time besides Clay wandering around town being sad, no one was gay, Hannah didn't even kind of blame Clay for anything, Jessica was passed out when she was raped and pretty sure Hannah did pills and not edgy wrist cutting. Still pretty bad thiugh.
>>
Ugghh. This show eats shit
>>
>>37486529

ik but to a roastie, that's what being "socially awkward" is. those who are like the school photographer are too abnormal too save in the roastie's eyes
>>
>>37486597
Yes he photographer has a serious mental illness
>>
who else is REALLY hyped for the photographer get bettER in season 2 ????
the guns are kind of lame-tier ... but i hope he gets a good score
>>
Mark my words!
>Season 2 will start with aftermath of a school shooting.
>Tyler will be sympathetic and make a manifesto of all the reasons why and Clay will be one of them.

A bunch of kids will watch it and school shootings will be the big trendy thing like how fake depression and suicide was when Season 1 came out.
>>
>>37486652
>>37486830
But there wasn't a second book
>>
>>37486843
So, it's pretty clear based on how unsatisfying the ending was, all the loose ends, and that cliffhanger with Tyler probably shooting Alex that they're trying to get a Season 2 anyways.
>>
File: 283838219.jpg (32KB, 335x475px) Image search: [Google]
283838219.jpg
32KB, 335x475px
>>37486652
>>37486830

Tyler's character reminded me of Sy from One Hour Photo. Would be very neat if they referenced that movie in the second season.
>>
>>37485129
I'd want this so much.
I seldom watch movies and watch tv even less but, I would watch the shit out of that show mang.
Fuck take all my money.
I almost want to make it.
>>
>>37484490
Whats a cum dumpster!?
>>
Why the fuck are you watching garbage shows for roasties?
Why are you watching the electric jew at all?
>>
APOLOGIZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HOLSS3sFbg
>>
>>37484490
Read this book in high school for English. I was pissed that she killed herself because she just seemed weak willed. She goes to see a guidance counselor at the end of the book because he said "if you don't want to talk about what happened or press charges then there isn't anything I can do for you". For some reason that was the last straw for her. What a fucking bitch
>>
>>37485129
Next season will basically be this
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.