[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK do people find this enjoyable >get stuck 100

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: spelunking.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
spelunking.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
How the FUCK do people find this enjoyable

>get stuck 100 feet underground in a tight passageway
>headlight runs out
>have to lay in the pitch black, unable to move until you die
>>
>>37484023
people find this enjoyable?
>>
>>37484035
>>37484023
I highly doubt that anyone would find this enjoyable
>>
>>37484062
>>37484035
I meant how do people find caving/spelunking enjoyable you tards
>>
>>37484023
adrenaline is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>37484023
It does sound cozy
Kind of like being a baby inside a huterus warm and safe
>>
Chad's and Stacey's get everything handed to them and cheating death is the only thing that is exciting to them
>>
I enjoy it because:
Different than above ground stuff
Challenging
Element of risk
Physically demanding
Get to see/find cool shit you don't above ground
>>
File: nutty-putty.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nutty-putty.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>>37484035
>>37484062
They do; which is why so many people do it. It's the same with other thrill seeking activities.
>>
Extreme sports/ "exploration" is exclusively a white mans phenomenon.

You will never see a non white going camping , skydiving , mountain climbing etc

They are too bored with their lives and require life threatening activities to keep themselves entertained.
>>
File: 1496155442209.jpg (125KB, 540x796px) Image search: [Google]
1496155442209.jpg
125KB, 540x796px
>>37484101
You can die in easily the worst fucking possible way, why would you risk that shit
>>
I do this along with other dangerous shit like rock climbing and bouldering without pads. It's impossible to explain why. You get into this focus that is indescribable and it makes your body do superhuman things.
>>
>>37484114
Reading this makes me insanely uncomfortable every time

Fuck this "sport"
>>
>>37484023
>>headlight runs out
I think those people make sure they have enough spare batteries to not have this happen.

They're crazy but not retarded.
>>
>>37484127
Because I'd deserve it
>>
>>37484086
>huterus
>>
File: John Jones aka Cave Chad.jpg (72KB, 540x447px) Image search: [Google]
John Jones aka Cave Chad.jpg
72KB, 540x447px
>>37484114
>>37484231
The Nutty Putty cave death was such an interesting event to me, because the man was genuinely a chad, 26 years old with an attractive girlfriend and everything. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705347362/Man-trapped-in-Utah-Countys-Nutty-Putty-cave-dies.html

Why the hell would a chad risk his entire life by crawling into a dank moist cavern, when at home in his bed he could have an even better dank moist cavern? It makes no sense to me.
>>
I enjoy exploring caves if they're wide enough to be in comfortably. That being said, I have severe claustrophobia and dying like that Is literally my worst nightmare and this prevents me from doing jt
>>
>>37484437
having a girlfriend doesn't make you Chad, mate. Chad is tall and has a good face; that's it.
>>
File: Cave Chad.jpg (107KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Cave Chad.jpg
107KB, 1200x630px
>>37484479
Nah dude he's a Chad.
>>
>>37484375
>>37484086
kek, I laughed at this more than I should have
>>
>>37484131

Honnold just complete the first free solo of El Cap. I've met him before. He's a dick, much like most pro climbers.
>>
File: 1494141251858.jpg (96KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1494141251858.jpg
96KB, 640x619px
>>37484550
he's ugly bruv. his nose is too large, he has negative canthal tilt, he has no angularity in his jaw, brown eyes, fucked up eyebrows.

99% of human males have a girlfriend at one point in their lives. having a girlfriend is not the same as being Chad, especially considering that Chad typically just fucks women whenever he wants and doesn't bother with relationships.

it may prove difficult for you to cope with these facts, but you must try.
>>
>>37484023
"People" don't. Caving is an extreme sport.

Those who enjoy it like the exploration, the unknown, the mental aspect or needing the right skills to not kill yourself.

I rock climb for many of the same reasons. I'm a scrawny nerd, I though rock climbing was for Chads but it's actually a very mental sport. The physical element is there of course but it's not your biceps which will help you when you're delicately advancing up tiny tiny hand and footholds.
>>
>>37484114
Why didn't they just break his legs

I know the shock could have killed him, but emphasis on could. Better chances than just leaving him there.
>>
>>37484619

Climbing is for skinnyfat geeks, women, and children - which is probably why I've been doing it for the past year and a half. Chads don't usually have the patience for it.

I've seen innumerable amounts of Chads come into the gym, do a ton of push-ups, lift heavy, and then fail to send a V1 or a 5.6.
>>
>>37484567
Pro climbers are some of the nicest people you can meet. When I was in Sweden I met Alex, Tor, and Karlsson at their bouldering gym. They were always genuinely smiling and laughing and just having a great time solving problems. Honnold I have never met but I have seen/read a lot about him. He's extremely humble and lives in a van and climbs 300+ days a year.
>>
>>37484023

It's the perfect hobby if you're a tiny manlet.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.