[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>parents are forcing me to go to college but aren't paying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1490018383160.jpg (59KB, 577x575px) Image search: [Google]
1490018383160.jpg
59KB, 577x575px
>parents are forcing me to go to college but aren't paying for it
>have no idea what I'm doing
>have no idea what I'm going to study
>don't like or care about anything
>don't even know if I'm smart enough to graduate
>can't back out because there are literally no other viable options
I really wish that I would be killed in a terrorist attack so people wouldn't think of me as a coward
>>
>>37462202
this happened to me i ended up not going cause i felt like a failure in a swarm of humans that will be far more successful than me
>>
>>37462202
>forcing me to go
no they aren't anon. nobody can force you to go to college
>>
>>37462287
This. I hate it when fucking kids come to this board and think they have problems.
>>
>>37462287
>>37462319
it's either "go to college" or "live on the street"
>>
>>37462338
or apply for a job and get a studio apartment. grow up
>>
File: 1434070267589.jpg (45KB, 430x402px) Image search: [Google]
1434070267589.jpg
45KB, 430x402px
>>37462365
>get a studio apartment
sorry didn't realize I was talking to richie rich mr. LA yuppie
>>
>>37462338
It's either college and stay with parents, or no college and rent an apartment or something while wageslaving or NEETing
>>
>>37462338
or get a job and not live on the street

your parents can say "you can only live in our house if you do X" but that's not the same thing as forcing you to do X. You can't force them to give you shelter unconditionally. Now that you're old enough to post on 4chan, you're old enough to take responsibility for securing your own shelter.
>>
>>37462202
>think of me as a coward
Who cares what they think man. They can't empathize with our situation, few people can. At the end of the day, as long as you can still look at yourself in the mirror, and know for sure, that no matter how pathetic of a failure you may feel like, that is who you are supposed to be at that moment, for whatever reason, and no amount of worrying is going to change that.
>>
>>37462374
decent trolling. a studio apartment jus tmeans it's all one room you dingus. it;'s the cheapest you can get without roommates.
>>
>>37462365
>>37462387
the kind of job that I can get with a high school diploma can barely pay rent here let alone any other expenses
>>
>>37462374
Studio apartment just means it's a one room place with a bed, kitchen, and place to sit mimicking a living room
>>
>>37462413
find a roommate or move somewhere cheaper to live. or do what your parents tell you. one of them is easier than the other.
>>
>>37462402
LOL
my apartment is the cheapest in my town, and I got 4 rooms, and a kitchen and a bathroom.

I could make it cheaper with a roommate, but I'm not allowed to have more than one roommate, so I can't live in one room even if i tried.

It's 520 a month rent btw
>>
>>37462439
>dude just move your entire life somewhere else so you can get a mcjob 40 hours a week and then live in a shithole
how is this preferable to dying
>>
>>37462442
what fucking state do you live in because i want to be there now
>>
>>37462460
That's essentially what you do after college too though
>>
>>37462401
agunwilltho
>>
>>37462460
it's not. go to school and live with your parents. if you actually had any serious problems you would be willing to sacrifice to get out of your situation.
>>
>>37462485
but if you go to college (if you're a normal smart person with drive and motivation and talent and whatever) you can get a better more lucrative job that isn't flipping burgers or ringing up groceries for $8/hr
>>
>>37462460
>how is this preferable to dying

I think what you mean to ask is "how is this preferable to going to college?" Well, it isn't.
>>
>>37462506
>go to school and live with your parents
I'll just be in this position again in 2 years when I inevitably drop out, with more debt and more neuroses
>>
>>37462460
well you do this until one of a few things happens
>your parents want to hear from you again, so they let you live in their house as long as you hold down a mcjob. then you can save up some money
>you get a slight raise at your mcjob which lets you save up money a little faster
>the reality of your shit life lights a fire under your ass so you start trade school or something to take responsibility for your future
>you actually kill yourself

btw man, i'm >>37462442
and if you want to move over here, where minimum wage is 11 an hour, and live in a place where your monthly expenses before food come out to around 320 a month, get in contact with me and we'll try to work something out.
>>
>>37462479
i'm in the smallest """"city"""" in massachusetts. I have a lot of space but my place is a shithole.

better places are smaller and more expensive.
>>
Stop being a dick to OP
Most kids with shitty parents don't understand how to make it on their own yet and that's ok

OP take 4 classes at a community college first per semester and do a year of basics to see what you want to do
Pick an easy career that's worth going to college for
Engineering is hard, so is pre med and pre law
But you info systems, computer science all kinda hard
Nursing and accounting are hard but a bit easier

You're never going to have a good life honestly if you just "get a job" with a highschool diploma honestly
I'm not saying it can't be done, for example a supervisor at Costco makes around $23 but you gotta work for 3 to 7 years and make management like you

Maybe see a counselor and talk about your issues
Tell your parents you'll try CC but feel pressured by them making you leave and to please back off

I think Starbucks if you work part time there while in school helps pay for school? Probably not but they brag about their employees finishing school
>>
>>37462531
So you have already dropped out of college before?
>>
DON'T let them force you. If they pay for it, go. Otherwise, get a real job and go to trade school
>>
>>37462598
no but i'm familiar with my character and i know that i'm a quitter and a loser
>>
>>37462531
then dont drop out. sorry to say but there areally are only so many times you can fuck up before life catches up with you. i've thrown away every opportunity ever given to me, i've now dropped out of school twice. this latest time it was even a paid ride, and i have no choice but to work shitty jobs and live in a shithole wher ei can afford 400 studio apartment rent. i had my chance.

if you're afraid you cant make it, then you've got to find a way to make it. or don't, you will reap what you sow: mega shitty or mostly shitty. thats how things work right now. so either roll over and give up now and embrace mega shitty, or run the rat race in school and if you do well you might acheive mostly shitty. whining about your parents pressuring you to make the better choice shows how much of a child you are, op.
>>
>>37462531
We'll with that mentality yeah you're gna flunk out
Have more confidence in yourself actually go to class and read the topics before lecture
Harder said then done but you already invested money in the course so why blow it off and waist the investment?
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 800x535px
>>37462202
>no other options

Anon you ever wanted to become a hero?
>>
File: 1493854205811.jpg (336KB, 996x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1493854205811.jpg
336KB, 996x1500px
Or you could just go to a trade school and learn a trade. Or work at a temp agency. The only person holding you back at this point in life is you brah.
>>
>>37462617
So you don't know.
>>
>>37462617
take like 2 courses to start, keep it real light at first. Don't fall for the degree in 4 years meme if you're not stress tolerant because you'll flunk out of some classes on 15 credits a semester and give up.

Then get a part time job and stick with it. You'll start to build up a little independence and a little self respect. It's good for you. You'll get there.
>>
>>37462588
thank you i will consider this advice, it's gonna be a pain in the butt to unenroll from the fall semester but i'll see what happens

>>37462666
satan i've never accomplished anything in my entire life
>>
>>37462648
oh i'm >>37462624 btw

i joined mil after first drop out, it turns out you dont really change much. as soon as you quit and people arent microing you like an rts unit you revert or are worse unless you were a normie to begin with. then none of this applies to you.
>>
>>37462689
>satan i've never accomplished anything in my entire life

What do you mean? You're a high school kid, what are you supposed to accomplish?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.