[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barkeep here. Who else /lonely on a friday night/ here I�

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 21

File: barkeep.jpg (10KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
barkeep.jpg
10KB, 267x189px
Barkeep here. Who else /lonely on a friday night/ here

I'm drunk and I am also lonely, but I am okay with it... I'm old enough to be okay with it.

But I don't want this thread to be about me.

So come on in... Have a seat. Order a drink, or don't if you want. I will give anyone a (You) if they want to talk. I'm here for (You)

Talk about anything, post whatever.

Thread music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFcmIKl3yFg
>>
Still open if anyone wants a drink
>>
>>37461436
White Russian large
>>
>>37461872

have a double, on the house.
>>
>>37461436
Laying in bed naked. Windows open, fan on, still too hot.
I wonder what percent of western civilization sleeps naked.
>>
>>37461946

well if I had to guess, I'd go with roughly 40 percent which is a fair estimate in my mind.

I also sleep naked.
>>
Hey barkeep, how'd you become okay with being lonely?

I'm in a weird point right now. I am too anxious to go out and see people, whenever anyone calls or texts I ignore them. In fact I actually removed the SIM card from my phone and threw it away. I don't want to be reachable because it scares me. But at the same time, I'm so lonely.

I'll have water please.
>>
File: 1495934725138.png (10KB, 497x556px) Image search: [Google]
1495934725138.png
10KB, 497x556px
A shot of tequila and a cold glass of Guinness, please

>tfw night shift security guard
>job is fine, pay is decent, but night shift itself is starting to wear me down
>a few weeks ago, some major fuckery happens in the emergency lobby that I just so happen to see while routinely playing back camera footage
>write up a report, give video evidence to all of the higher ups
>report causes a shitstorm, people losing jobs
>some of the staff praise me, others no longer trust me
>see this is a valid excuse to quit my job without losing out on a great future reference from bossman because "hurr night shift is hard sir"
>give boss my valid reasons for wanting to quit, put in my two weeks
>boss does his best to convince me to stay, and asks me multiple times if it was the pay or the night shift that was making me quit
>boss even offers me a $1.50 raise, but I insist that money isn't the issue, the hospital staff is
>he finally accepts my resignation and praises my morals
>literally 3 days later, our hospital gets bought out by another company with a fantastic reputation
>Two-thirds of the staff are going to have to reapply for their jobs
>rumored that all of the bad apples (i.e. "corrupt" nurses who don't trust security) are being let go
>boss is now super stoked that all of this is happening, and says the CEO and my regional manager are coming in tomorrow to talk with me about this whole situation
>mfw the fucking stars aligned in order to make my totally valid excuse obsolete, and now I'm going to have to resort to telling three of my superiors that the real reason I'm quitting is because night shift sucks

SHITFUCK /blog
>>
>>37461993
I remember going to outdoors camp in 6th grade. You slept in your sleeping bag. And if course wore PJS.
The first night it was hot as fuck and I was like screw this and took off my pjs. Got scolded by my cabin leader and the other kids thought I was a freak.
>>
>>37461436
I want some of this thread to be about you though. What all happened?
>>
Give me a fuckign bourbon straight. I ran away only to find i still cant run away from myself but im not done running so im probably going to run again. How do I live with this?
>>
Nice track. I'll take a glass of Booker's.

I feel like I don't know who I am or what I want anymore. I used to love fictional worlds, and I wanted to be some kind of creator, but I never really had a life outside of escapism. Now all forms of fantasy seems hollow rather than wondrous. My entire personality just came from consuming, and without it I'm nothing.

>>37461946
I would, but I worry that my sheets will get filthy from being exposed to my hairy ass.
>>
are roasties worth the effort?

about once a year I try to lose some weight and wear nice clothes to attract a roastie and fail miserably.
with summer approaching I might try to make another run at this, but part of me feels like it will results in failure again.
I'm a 25 year old virgin that weighs 250 pounds and think it might be time to give up.
>>
File: 518721435.jpg (45KB, 381x612px) Image search: [Google]
518721435.jpg
45KB, 381x612px
>>37462021

I'm not okay with it most nights but I can handle it tonight. You know how it is, some nights it hits you harder than others? Tonight, everything seems to be alright so that's okay.

I've been in that same spot... How old are ya? The feeling of being lonely but wanting company is one of the worlds cruelest juxtapositions that exists in my mind.

Here you go pal, let me know if you need anything.
>>
Just made out with a girl while my pregnant wife was at home.

I'm sober too so it was a conscious decision.

I am a shit human.
>>
File: guinesss.jpg (223KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
guinesss.jpg
223KB, 1600x1200px
>>37462063

here is the guiness, I'll have the tequila coming right up.

>write up a report, give video evidence to all of the higher ups

you did the right thing

>literally 3 days later, our hospital gets bought out by another company with a fantastic reputation
>Two-thirds of the staff are going to have to reapply for their jobs

damn that fucking sucks.

>>mfw the fucking stars aligned in order to make my totally valid excuse obsolete, and now I'm going to have to resort to telling three of my superiors that the real reason I'm quitting is because night shift sucks

wow. that was quite the story... just keep doing you man, if you feel night shift isn't for you, find something else. I know the night shift feels and it is a whole nother world I tell you what..
>>
File: bourbon.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
bourbon.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>37462074

You did what I would have done. I mean if you're hot you're hot, right? Cabin leader seems pretty retarded desu

>>37462094

ah nothing happened but, I'm 25 and I went out tonight alone and usually I meet a couple people and chat but it seemed like everyone was in their right knit groups so I just decided to come home and drink with /r9k/ and see how everyone else was doing. Nothing out of the ordinary.

>>37462101

why did you run away? I don't think you can anon... tell me what you are running from. Heres the bourbon, it's on the house
>>
File: Ch1LS8eUoAAvOox.jpg (109KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
Ch1LS8eUoAAvOox.jpg
109KB, 600x887px
>>37461436
Do you guys think we'll ever make it out of this hole? I mean I've been here for 11 years now and still browse this place at-least once a week. I just want to know what happened to all the anons over the years, how many of you are still here? I've seen so many memes come and go that I don't know what reality is, I just miss you guys sometimes. I know I can't leave, I'll always find myself crawling back. But I just want to tell everyone thank you. You dragged me out of deep corner of my life and probably stopped me from going to Prison. Thank you Anons, wherever you are.
>>
Scotch on the rocks mr.man

Ever since Memorial Day, I've been thinking about a friend I served with in the army. He killed himself this passed year and I wish I could've been there for him.
>>
>>37461913
Thxs
>>
File: 1489712277502.gif (2MB, 228x170px) Image search: [Google]
1489712277502.gif
2MB, 228x170px
>>37462223
I don't know what I'd do if 4chan disappeared. Maybe play more video games? Fuck.

What would you anons do?
>>
>>37462223
Until I find a substitute, I don't see myself leaving this place. I don't talk to people for days, this is my only human interaction. I'd probably go insane without it.
>>37462132
Thanks for the drink. I'm 20, which is young I guess. but I don't see it getting better with age, if anything the pressure for someone will get worse. But when I smoke or drink it's alright, I just don't see myself doing drinking forever though.
>>
File: glass of bookers.jpg (298KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
glass of bookers.jpg
298KB, 1600x1200px
>>37462120

Have two, on the house.

I hear ya bud, I've also lost some interest in things that used to consume me. What forms of escapism do you indulge in?

>>37462122

I can't tell you the answer to that anon... it depends. are you looking for a real relationship? are you looking to just bust a nut? there are girls for all types of situations...You just have to know what you are looking at.

Don't keep making changes for girls, make the changes for you.. I know that sounds cliche, but think of it like this. The changes you make for yourself are for free. If you make changes for girls, it's like doing work for a paycheck you are never going to get.

Work for free and learn to love it, and eventually you will get paid to do what you love.

25 at 250 is a steep road, but you can do it if you really want... that is what you gotta figure out. if you really want to or not. don't work for free, you know?
>>
File: 1496335836031.jpg (162KB, 1000x730px) Image search: [Google]
1496335836031.jpg
162KB, 1000x730px
evening, keep
vodka and ice please, thanks
im... im not certain about the future. i spent my entire childhood living the comfy life. it wasn't bad, but tfw no gf kinda pissed in my corn flakes. i finally man'd up and joined the army, my dad is actually proud of me for once but i don't know if i'm up to the task. i've heard fucked up shit about basic training and i don't think i'm ready. but i've wanted this my whole life, out of all my failed dreams this is the one that might bear fruit, but i gotta work for it. i want to get a new life, but im scared i might land right back where i started.
>>
File: culter.png (234KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
culter.png
234KB, 800x800px
>>37461436
l'm not here to drink your dog piss.
>>
>>37461436
Give me a nice frothy milkshake, barkeep.
>>
Whiskey sour.
I wake up, and think is this it.
As the day goes on the dread gets worse, the only enjoyment i get is sleep.
So many things you can do in your dreams even if you can't control them i can't lucid dream, and don't practice anyway.
>>
>>37462341
Maybe you could start a discord with other anons. We could chat and play some rocket league eh
>>
>>37462346
>What forms of escapism do you indulge in?
I used to read a lot of books and comics and play single player games, especially metroidvanias and RPGs. Anything with good atmosphere that would draw me into the world. I used to live for the feeling you get when you experience a really good story, and I thought there would be nothing better in life than to be able to create that feeling for other people, but I can't feel it anymore.

What have you lost interest in?
>>
>>37462346
yeah man last year was my best chance and I blew it
I was working out and doing coke, got down to 190, had some confidence, and hung out with roasties about 5 times.
I got turned down every time I tried to make a move
this past winter was dark just ate junk food and drank everyday
another year another chance I guess
>>
>>37462063
god damn I am laffing
>>
File: vodka ice.jpg (57KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
vodka ice.jpg
57KB, 800x400px
>>37462361

Hey how's it going pal.

Joining the army is a big deal even if you don't think it is... you're dad is proud for a reason. One of my biggest regrets is not serving.

You seem like you are on the right path.. Just keep pushing. And if you land back where you started, then so be it. at least you tried. That is all you can do at this point. Keep going buddy.

>>37462362

You can get out then.

>>37462367

>frothy milkshake

Sure thing bud just give me a minute to whip it up...
>>
File: 1470703098462.png (13KB, 373x472px) Image search: [Google]
1470703098462.png
13KB, 373x472px
>>37461436
Just give me a coke.

I'm starting to get upset I haven't done anything with my life. I haven't created anything, I'm not really good at anything, I'm not known. All I've done since I dropped out of hs 3 years ago is work my shitty part time job and play video games. I keep telling myself to get my GED but I haven't done shit. I try to pick something up like drawing or game dev but I always give up the moment it gets hard. I'm scared this is how the rest of my life will be. I want to do something about this horrible monotony but I'm too scared and lazy.
What do I do?
>>
>>37462063
Fellow securitybot here, how much are you getting payed? I work night-shift as well, but I personally love it. I'm stuck in one spot for 8-12 hours, but I'm secluded enough to play on my handheld and watch movies on Netflix
>>
>>37461436
Hey Barkeep. A glass is water please. I'm already 1/4th of my life and I still don't have a gf. I'm not gonna make it am I?
>>
>>37462361
When you look back on basic training, you'll only remember the good things. Go in with an open mind. They are long days-but short weeks. You'll meet some of the best people in your life Down that path. Trust me. I'm this guy..
>>37462267
Just know that those are your brothers. If you have fun, even when times are shitty, you'll be fine. Don't take anything personal because you'll be proud of yourself when it's over.
>>
>>37462223
not sure man, I constantly feel like I'm outgrowing this place yet I keep coming back. I started browsing /b/ back in 2007 and I've been lurking ever since, with some breaks from time to time. 4chan has become my social fix I guess. but it's just the same posts over and over again and so there's no honest interest anylonger, just habit.

IRL is not rewarding either, everywhere I see people are afraid of challenging themselves and so they stagnate and become repetetive.

I really need a partner, but she said she couldnt trust me. others dont interest me; they're all arbitrary
>>
>>37462630
Do exactly what you feel like doing or what makes you happy. Life is meaningless, we don't have to contribute to any higher cause. Instead we just have to live life in a way that makes us satisfied. If you are not satisfied with what you've accomplished, then make some changes. But don't fall victim to the illusion that your life has to have some kind of greater purpose or meaning.
>>
>>37462176
Thank you, sir. I wish bars offered more than one stout. All I ever find is Guinness.
>I know the night shift feels and it is a whole nother world I tell you what
Yeah, I mean night shift can be pretty dope, but unfortunately where I live it's next to impossible to get a full 8 hours of sleep during the day time. Construction starts early in the morning, plus my neighbors are loud as all hell.

>>37462675
$11.75/HR. With the incentive they gave me, I could be making $13.25/HR, which is pretty fucking good for a security job. I have other things going on in my life that take priority though, mainly school and moving to a new apartment. I already have another job lined up so I'm not really worried about leaving this one.
>>
>>37462851
How do I become a security guard? I want to go to the big city and I took a vocational criminal justice thing and they gave us sole training towards security.
>>
>>37461436
Hey, barkeep. Water, I want to stay myself fully. I have to stay focused and think optimistically. She leaves on the 5th, so I don't have a lotta time to get my car fixed and make it back to the city to tell her how I feel before I might never see her again. I hope I can start school in the fall, and I hope my music helps people one day.
>>
I have an unhealthy addiction to a girl. I don't stalk her or anything weird I'm just extremely forgiving for things I usually wouldn't be.
>>
>>37462869
That all depends on what state you live in. Some states require a "guard card", which you acquire by attending a week long course that you have to pay for out-of-pocket. Some companies even offer to cover the costs of the guard card, so long as you work for that company and only that company for however long you sign on for.

> I took a vocational criminal justice thing and they gave us sole training towards security
That will look great on your resume. If you have a clean(ish) record, I guarantee that you'll get hired at just about any unarmed security position. Seriously just check Indeed.com and check the city you want to work in, you'll find dozens of security companies that are hiring.
>>
File: image.jpg (303KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303KB, 1024x765px
I'm going to be 20 in a couple weeks. Disappointed in my life and progress in all aspects. Never had a job, never had a gf, no driver's licence, you name it. I've underachieved my entire life because of my terribly low self-esteem. I never felt like I deserved happiness, I've been depressed since 11. I'm not good at anything, no hobbies, shit grades, no friends, not athletic.

This is the darkest timeline. I browse here every day of the week 12 hours daily, my brain is mush because of all that exposure to computer screens. Since the end of freshman year in college, I have done jack shit, I tried getting into drawing but I'm worse than a 3-year-old at it and easily get disappointed and quit when shit gets hard. I don't know what to do barkeep. Serve me vodka something strong to end me.
>>
I got banned.. Sorry guys
>>
>>37463200

okay no I didn't I guess...

give me a minute to reply to everyone alright?

drinks are on the house.
>>
>>37461436
Knob Creek, neat, please. Or should that be NEET? I'm a truckerbot, currently in Idaho. The place I'm picking up at doesn't open until 7am local time and I'm worried that I may have to take a shit before then. Nearest place to do that is a half hour drive, so I'm not eating and crossing my fingers.
>>
File: 1491682829838.png (264KB, 942x664px) Image search: [Google]
1491682829838.png
264KB, 942x664px
>>37461436
Some Royal Crown green apple please.
Today I had to say goodbye to two good people. I haven't been that emotional in a long time.
>>
Can I get something fruity? No alcohol, I guess, since I'm a bit young to drink legally.

I don't know what I'm doing in life. My parents tell me I should be grateful my life is so easy, but it's never felt that way. I have to start applying for jobs soon. I'm afraid. The world is such a big place, and I'm not ready to be a part of it.
>>
>>37461436
Just water thanks. I've been having a problem recently. I'm only happy when I'm tripping on acid. What was strange was the first time I tripped I did it solo (which you're NEVER supposed to do) and I had never felt happier in the last 10 years. I felt full of energy and creativity.

Recently I've been microdosing and it just keeps me in a cheerful mood. I'm wondering if you know what the LSD is treating. Do I have underlying depression I never knew about? All I know is that during the week when I'm not tripping I'm generally cynical and low energy, and then on the weekends if I trip or microdose I'm VERY happy and productive. What's wrong with me?
>>
File: WT101.jpg (117KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WT101.jpg
117KB, 576x1024px
This isn't what I ordered. What kinda gin joint you runnin' here?
>>
File: 1407763337875.gif (411KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
1407763337875.gif
411KB, 346x500px
Barkeep. You still here?
>>
File: DSCF3179.jpg (454KB, 757x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3179.jpg
454KB, 757x1000px
>>37463703
Sup bourbonbro?
>>
>>37463843
Just getting comfy, you?
>Buffalo Trace
Never tried that one, I think I'll get a bottle of it next.
>>
>>37463968
Kinda the same.

Buffalo's good shit, probably the best affordable bourbon around. It's been my go-to for a few years now.
>>
I'll bet my coworkers talk about how cringey I am when I'm not around
>>
well, looks like barkeep got 86'd out of his own bar...I'm raiding the bar, y'all can grab what you can.
>>
File: culter legs.png (533KB, 664x839px) Image search: [Google]
culter legs.png
533KB, 664x839px
>>37462602
You wouldn't talk to me like that if you really knew me.
>>
The heroine helps but it's not nearly enough to keep me going and after a failed attempt today I'm going to try again tomorrow.
>>
>>37461872
I'll have what he's having, mate.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.