[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever ghosted someone? What made you do it? I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

Have you ever ghosted someone?
What made you do it?
I've given up on tinder dates because the guys either change or ghost me afterwards and it's frustrating
>>
I've ghosted all my friends except for two. Mostly out of shame because I'm a 33 year old NEET with no money to do anything
>>
>>37460568
>go to school event for transfer students
>this fat black girl takes an interest in me
>I pick up on this and try to act interested back cause I'm a desperate KV at the time
>exchange phone numbers
>she suggests we get lunch together
>never text her back
>she tells me I never texted her back
>continue to ignore her

I guess I did it cause I finally came to my senses while alone and realized it wasn't a good idea for me to pursue this girl.
>>
I've been ghosted
Let me tell you if you ghost people you need to die.
>>
I only get ghosted. All of the friends I used to have eventually ghosted me.

Somewhat related, but I used to post on some game and anime forums, and if people would send me private messages or leave messages on my wall, I would always respond. Even if it was someone whose taste did not match my own or was not exactly very interesting for me to type to, I always did my best to respond to them in what I hoped to be engaging conversation. Sometimes I felt like ending the conversations after their last posts, but then it would start to bother me and I would get online and give them a response. I was incapable of not responding, and when there were some posts I was expected to reply to, I would actually sit there for hours trying to formulate something good to type back. In this way, eventually they would be the one to stop replying to me and it would be a relief for me.
>>
>>37460568
>afterwards
afterwards what?
>>
>>37460806
Just after the first date.
I mean I know why
I'm very nervous and clumsy and I apologize a lot so thats a turn off
I also make a lot of obnoxious and lewd jokes and that doesnt mix well with poor execution because of anxiety
and I'm insecure about how I look so im sure that has something to do with it to

Like prior to meeting for the first time, the guy and I will talk for days non stop and then the day after, its like i'm nothing to them.
This keeps happening. I don't mind being told they don't like me, but I want to know.
>>
My "ex" wanted to be friends with this guy she fucked but swears they don't fuck anymore. Bitch thought I wouldn't do it so i did. Dumb whore would text and call me every day. Women are whores with no integrity.
>>
>>37460719
>Let me tell you if you ghost people you need to die.

why do you say this?
>>
>>37460956
Fuck you you normal fag piece of shit don't reply to my posts ever again faggot
>>
>>37460917

The only reason someone would associate with a past fwb is because they still have some sort of feelings or care. fwb relationships usually end pretty bitter. I can understand if it was a past relationship, but there would be a point where it becomes concerning and inappropriate.
>>
>>37460975
robots ghost people more often than normies
>>
Been ghosted countless times
But i've done worse, met with a fat girl after we texted nearly everyday for 2 weeks. Her pictures were deceptive and we really didn't have much in common. She sent me one last random text a few hours after and I never answered, we haven't contacted eachother since.
I guess in a way it was a mutual ghosting?

Anyway, don't really regret it, she was full of red flags; smoker, no career in mind, had trouble taking responsibility for her actions and whining about anything and anyone
>>
yes, i ghost them after im bored or theres someone better
>>
>>37460568
Yeah, usually guys that think I'm some borderline-loli girl in some chatroom. We add each other on Skype and I just lose interest, but not without reason.
>>
gf ghosted me
>>
>>37460568
>talk to robot from here
>he introduces himself as gay from the start
>he finds out im not a guy so he goes "lol i was only pretending to be gay"
>claims to fall in love with me
>see him posting in another thread asking for a boyfriend
>delete him hecause he is creepy
>he adds me on an alt discord account and pretends to be someone else and asks me to readd him
>he asks one of his online friends to speak to me and he adds me on discord and he asks me to take him back

it was lots of autism
>>
I've ghosted a couple robots. Only one makes me feel like shit when I think about it, but he was starting to get flirty and I had already told him I wasn't looking for that. He kept messaging me for weeks after, but I ignored them all
>>
>>37460568
>ghosted an underage girl pretty cute and sexy on instagram
>what made me do it?
i think it was the best for the two of us
>>
I ghosted someone, we went on two dates, just didnt click, we just stopped texting, sorta mutual ghosting.
>>
Ghosting is rude. I'm the one who is always getting ghosted, not the other way around. Girls are such shitty beings, they always ghost you without warning for no reason.

Literally this week I was ghosted by a girl from 4chan who I was making plans to meet up with.
>>
>>37464189
Mutual ghosting is one thing, when you both feel like it. That's fine. But when everything is going fine and you are both seemingly into each other, and she just ghosts you out of nowhere, that sucks balls.
>>
>>37462188
FUCK YOU WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS, JUST ATLEAST TELL HIM YOU DONT WANT TO TALK TO HIM ANYMORE SO HE DOESNT STICK AROUND FOR WEEKS AFTER WAITING FOR YOU

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw girl ghosted me on discord for a month now
>>
>>37460568
I do it but it's like semi-ghosting where I don't talk to anyone for weeks to months and then suddenly I'm talking to them again. I find it hard to talk online unless I am drunk. you gotta be near me irl for me to keep in touch
>>
>match with some girls on dating app
>talk through text, sometimes meet up once for drinks and chat
>gradually stop responding to them after realizing we have nothing in common and they're boring as hell

Still a virgin, and whenever I put myself in these situations, I find myself valuing it more. Could try using them for sex, but it'd just feel hollow.

Don't like social media much anyway.
>>
I ghost people a lot, usually it isn't intentional I kind of just forget to talk to people. If they message me again I'll always respond though, but eventually they get sick of constantly initiating conversation.
>>
>>37460568
ive ghosted 2 people in my life. 1 was a some fat slut i had no interest in.
the other was some trap that i told from the start i didnt want to get serious with, but he started telling me he was growings feelings for me. so i ghosted him because it was getting annoying how often he was messaging me.
>>
Only once.
>start chatting with a robot off here
>seemed interesting in the thread
>through chatting learn he really is an interesting person
>knows his shit about any subject or enough in another arm of that subject to participate
>talk for a week
>start to realize its effecting my ability to work
>try to cut back chats to off work hours
>instantly notice this empty feeling during work now
>actually really really miss those chats between busy times
>new feeling effects ability to work more than the chats did
>wake up the next day bubbly hoping he's on or left me a message or something
>about to pick up my phone to see
>realize i'm getting some deep feelings here
>shut it all down cause LDR's never work out and are unhealthy
>feel like absolute shit for the next few weeks
>see a post during this period talking about getting ghosted
>seems like its him by description of the encounters
>seems he's not angry at a roastie for ghosting him just really frustrated as to why when things were going so good
>try and anonymously console and lead him to a nice realization
>not sure it worked
>still look at the messages sometimes
>>
>>37460568
I ghosted basically everyone in my previous life. I used to live in Philadelphia. Everything went to shit. Realized I hated everyone I knew, took down all my social media pages, changed my name and ditched the phone number. Moved to Phoenix and left EVERYTHING behind. I disappeared without a warning, didn't tell anyone where I went or that I was even leaving.
Best decision ever made.
>>
File: 1476135596339.jpg (68KB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
1476135596339.jpg
68KB, 200x207px
>>37465277
you should tell him you're sorry
>>
>>37465338
I've been down that road before.
Cold turkey is the best and i'm already past the anxiety phase even if i feel depressed right now.
Any messaging will just bring it all back.
>>
File: 1496117244828.jpg (685KB, 2335x2507px) Image search: [Google]
1496117244828.jpg
685KB, 2335x2507px
I ghosted a group of my friends about a year ago because i was fighting with one of them alot, he was kinda emotionally abusive. i feel like shit and i still think about them everyday
>>
File: IMG_0992.jpg (47KB, 1024x572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0992.jpg
47KB, 1024x572px
>>37460568
If i am bored of them, i tell them that i was looking for something else and kick them out of my friendslist or something like that.
You got ghosted or what?
>>
>>37460719
You probably deserved it you autistic fucking faggot
>>
I was obsessed about her but she was just leading me on. Talking to her was just gonna make my life shittier so I quit.
>>
File: 6564.jpg (50KB, 510x610px) Image search: [Google]
6564.jpg
50KB, 510x610px
>>37460568
I used to pretend to be a girl on this chatroom early 2013-14 , I loved the attention they gave me and just toying with them in general. many asked me to date them which I always replied some bullshit excuse that I don't date online. editing time stamps pics were easy and such. eventually I grew bored and never logged back in.
>>
>>37460568
My first girlfriend. I didn't have the confidemce to say "you're a bitch to my friends and don't respect me" so I just dropped contact. She was pissed but the texts stopped after about a month.

It supports my belief that you should never date inside work or school.
>>
Look if you dont want to talk to someone tell them that. This ghosting is shit. Makes others feel like shit. Just have some balls and let them know if they continue to be a faggot just block them.
>>
>dating my high school gf
>dated all 4 years
>ghosted her during the summer before college
>regret doing it because I know I hurt her a lot
>not totally sure why I did it, didn't understand my feelings at the time
>>
I think I want to ghost and cut all ties from my """friends""" that I had because none of them give a fuck about me anymore and don't even respond when I ask them if they want to hang out

fuck normies fuck friends
>>
>>37464224
Was it me?
Why do you think she did?
>>
>>37466914
done this twice, you'll feel better about it later
>>
File: 1493266287056.jpg (261KB, 1400x942px) Image search: [Google]
1493266287056.jpg
261KB, 1400x942px
i've never ghosted anyone (i try to respond to everyone who adds me), but i did have to block a guy cause he kept asking for nudes and another one just left on his own volition.
>>
File: 6.jpg (15KB, 200x203px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
15KB, 200x203px
I do this all the time with my steam ''''friends'''' good these fags are clingy, they even dare to comment on my profile afterwards and speak mean untrue things about me.
>>
>>37467078
thanks anon, that makes me feel better. I'm about to live in another state to work nonstop for the summer, so it should be pretty easy to cut all ties from the world and just make some money

why do they do it? I was pretty happy hanging out with those people and as soon as I moved to another state they pretend I don't exist
>>
I've never ghosted cause that's for beta bitches, but I have told people that I'll block them if they continue their bullshit. It's funny when they don't expect you to actually do it and when you do they flip out and try connecting to everyone you know to get you to unblock them.
>>
She ghosted me for a couple months because she was already in a long term relationship and developed feelings for me. I missed her a lot but we're talking again now. I have feelings for her too, she's a good woman. A very caring person, intelligent, easy to talk to, beautiful. I try not to let that show though and try to avoid getting into inappropriate topics with her being in a relationship. Feelings or not she's a good friend either way. Talking to her is the best part of my day. I just hope both of our feelings will pass over time and we can just be friends, she's set to have a great life ahead of her and I don't want to be responsible for ruining her life like I've ruined my own. I don't have much of a future ahead of me and I've wasted every good opportunity I've ever had. My life is a train wreck. An unending parade of poor choices and wasted time. Even if she had not been in a relationship when we met it probably could never have worked. My life is just too much of a mess and there's also the distance. I'm happy I met her though.
>>
Define "ghosting". I've deleted hundreds of internet profiles and back in the day I abandoned plenty of people online and went on massive purging sprees.
>>
>>37460568
you mean grindr right?
>>
>>37466824
this
anyone whose been ghosted knows it feels like shit for a long time where your thinking all the time about whats wrong. id never do that to somebody.
>>
>>37467127
it is cool that you explain what is wrong, normies always seem to expect you to know what the fuck their problem is
>>
I ghosted a fat femanon who told me she loved me after 4 days and began pressuring me to say I love her after 5.

And that's why I'll never do LDR Skype shit again.
>>
>>37460568
copypasting from another thread i just posted this in

last year I've been talking to a chick from another country pretty much everyday for a couple months and it was pretty chill (didn't find her attractive at all) until she started hitting on me hardcore. like "every single sentence is flirty" level hardcore. even her friends knew about me and shit. had to start ghosting because I'm a fucking autist who can't reject
>>
I fucking despise you normalfag cretins making up superfluous new words to describe concepts that already have words. Fuck off you stupid cunts.
>>
>ghosted twice by the same person
>can't get over them this time
>the only reason i come back to this shithole is because i'm trying to find a substitute for them
>over two months and still no luck
i miss you ; ;
>>
>>37467122
I don't know why, but I've always been in the mindset that if they would do it, they weren't really your friends.
>>
>>37460568
i tried running a d&d group in college but my group was too nice, didn't take it serious, and were generally more the creative nerds than the technical geeks in my highschool group which resulted in a very different game than the one i enjoyed. i felt bad about quitting so i ghosted.
>>
>>37461004
not entirely true. I'm close to past fwb, just because they're nice people i care about.

I wouldnt attempt to have a solid constant relationship with one of them if im dating someone.

But it is never black and white
>>
well, i dont know if this counts, but it happened around a week ago.

I opened up to a girl telling her i liked her, she tells me she wants to remain as friends. i tell her that i dont want to speak to her in that case and i delete her from my life.

I suspect she thought i would be coming back for her. but i made my mind. so she knew i was going to stop talking to her, but i also disappeared from her life.
>>
>>37460648

I've ghosted all of my friends because of this but I was only 27 at the time.
30 now.
>>
>>37468518
>dont want to speak to her in that case

Are you surprised she didn't want to date you? You're a dime a dozen orbiters who can't be friends without motive
>>
>>37460568
I ghosted my online gf after breaking up with her
>>
>>37468567
Well, bro, the fact that im not orbiting her would tell you that... I'm no orbiter, dont you think?

I was in fact surprised she didnt want to date me, to be fair I wont be here for longer that a few months so she didnt want to get involved. however how things turned out I dont care for the friendzone and I have been seeing another girl. I wont say its all fine, but it could be worse.
>>
>>37460568
a femanon from here ghosted me the other day. We'd only sent a few messages back and forth but she seemed interested and we seemed to be getting on well so I'm not sure why she suddenly stopped.

Not really that bothered since we hadn't been talking for long but I am curious
>>
>>37460568
I ghosted a girl few weeks ago. someone made a thread in r9k and linked a subreddit. /foreveralonedating or some shit. she was living like 500km away from me and seem to have a nice personality. then she sent me a pic of hers and she was black.
>ghosted her immediately
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.