[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move out of Arizona to somewhere that is cold? How do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: spongebob coffee.gif (295KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob coffee.gif
295KB, 500x338px
How do I move out of Arizona to somewhere that is cold? How do I secure a minimum wage + job at age 26
>>
>>37455968
Problem with that is you don't have experience so finding a job before you move might be difficult. I'd suggest getting a job now and saving as much as possible before you move. You'd want to be able to suffice for at least 2-months in case you have trouble finding work. That on top of covering your moving expenses and your first,last and security deposit. Don't move unless you know you're not going to fuck yourself. Get a job now and save. Even with minimum wage you should be able to do it in like 6 months. Assuming you live at home with no expenses now.
>>
i'm from vancouver canada and want to live somewhere hot in the US. what do you say we switch houses?
>>
get enough money to leave
Pick a time to move out, let's say you're moving to new state in July
find somewhere to rent in the state you want to move. Tell landlord you're moving from Arizona to there in July and want to rent. If it's not a crazy busy city they'll probably have a place you can put a downpayment like a week or two before you leave
A week or two before you move there look at jobs. Send resumes and tell them you're moving there on x day of x month.
Humble brag the shit out of yourself until you get an interview
Move in, get your job. Done

Or

Save up
leave
find a motel
Crash their until you find a more permanent place
Humble brag the shit out of yourself until you land a job
>>
also
>securing a minimum wage job
there's no security in wageslave. they'll hire you for nothing and fire you for less. just look for help wanted signs in fast food places where the turnover is fast because highschoolers are blowing off their shifts
>>
>>37455968
just save up and move, I have around 18k saved up and get around 500 extra monthly. not sure when I even want to move but its nice to have the option whenever.
>>
>>37456134
This or you could find a job in a warehouse. Lots of places need people to unload shipping containers. Now I have prior work experience but I was hired to do that at 17.50 with no warehouse experience. You need to do some research on the area first
>>
I've learned the hard way that you can't just "move", you need to have a job lined up for you where you are going. Doesn't matter if its a major US city or a suburb or the boonies. When you go to rent an apartment, they ask you where you work and want to see how much money you make. And min wage jobs are not gonna even cover rent unless you're working 2.
>>
>>37456093
>Vancouver
>cold
>>
>>37456304
colder than the desert, no?
>>
>>37455968
You want to move to washington or oregon, I want to move to that area too, maybe we could be roommates
>>
>>37455968
I live in rural ny and you can get an apartment for 225 and they have full time jobs here that pay like 1300
>>
>>37456130
If you target a college town you can get pretty much free rent with no contract besides living with a bunch of filthy college kids.
>>
lol i'm also here. this place is hell it's a horrible mix of old people, spics, and socal migrants
>>
File: pepe rain.gif (469KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
pepe rain.gif
469KB, 500x281px
>>37457606
>>37457695

do all 3 of us want to go together? We can all move to Washington get shitty part time jobs and be full time NEETs
>>
>>37457731
>get shitty part time jobs
>full time NEET

can't do both of those but that sounds interesting. I'd have to accumulate work references beforehand though
>>
>>37457731
that sounds nice. i really like the vancouver area it's right by portland but feels small town a bit
>>
>>37457731
im also in az, meetup when?
>>
>>37457983
meh, only problem is AZ is so huge. i mean phoenix itself taes 4 hours just to drive across
>>
>>37458108
it takes like 45 min from my job in glendale to mesa. just dont do peak normie hours.
phx meetup when?
>>
>>37456093
Trust me. You don't know what you're asking for.

I was born and raised for the first 9 years of my life in a desert town, one hour north of LA, in the Mojave desert. I still visit family there every year. Summer temperatures reached up to 110F/43C, and winter temperatures, at night, dropped to low as 15F/-10C. Deserts are 'bipolar' climate zones.

The worst feeling in the world, is stepping out of an air conditioned house, and get greeted by ambient temperature that resemble, you opening up your oven door while roasting a chicken. And it gets worse still -- when you step into your car and it's a molten hot box with temps of 150F probably. I sometimes have to turn on the A/C and let it run for 5 mins before I can use my car. People only do their shopping/outdoor activities in the early mornings or late evenings like vampires.

That's what it is like living in an arid place, at least in my experience. So again, careful what you wish for.
>>
>>37458998
t b h only phoenix and some really awful speckles of shithole towns (that routinely get to 120f) are hot. a lot of arizona towns have perfect weather up north which is why spics and socal migrant swarm there like gnats
>>
>>37458108

and I'm nowhere near arizona so... this is legit right
>>
1) Buy an RV
2) Go to Yuma during the winter (If you're not already there)
3) Prostitute yourself out to snowbirds
4) Repeat every year until you have enough to leave
5) Kill yourself
>>
>>37459159
I realize that Az has a separate climate zone up north near the Colorado river. But most people only think of Phoenix and Tucson and maybe Yuma when they think of Az. Flagstaff and beyond is kinda regarded as old people country. Face it, most of your metro area is in the 120F inferno parts.
>>
>>37455968
Try the Alaska National Guard?
>>
>>37459278
>old people country
pretty much but it's more because there's no jobs out here paying past min wage. you pretty much have to be really rich and retired to be here now
>>
To OP and other poorfags, the world is becoming an increasingly hard place to make a living in. Gone are the days, where you could just pack up your bags, move somewhere, shake some manager's hand and get a job that pays a living wage. Capitalism has spiraled a 'race to the bottom' in terms of working you hard for the least amount of pay. Rents are going up in most markets because foreigners (mostly Chinese) and (Jewish) billionaire developers are buying out everything and leaving only scraps for the rest of us plebs. The history of the world is that it is cyclical in nature, and we're returning to a pseudo-serfdom where the rich elites are renting us a living for our life blood, like our ancestors.
>>
>>37459766
>mostly Chinese
isn't that just in really chinky places like los angeles?
>>
>>37459766
In most of the country now, you can no longer subsist on a minimum wage job, at least not without living in the shit part of town with roommates. You need two walmart jobs to really have an 'indepedent' living. So, better start searching for a girlfriend to help out. That's the state of affairs now. And don't count on Sec. 8 approving you any time soon. There are more applicants (poorfags) then there is funding. Everything is going to shit.

If you're really serious about leaving your desert Arizona town, then join the military, merchant marines, or an oil rig company. Big oil is still the lifeblood of the global economy, so they always need more laborers on the rigs, and fracking sites. You said, you wanted a cold place? Go apply in North Dakota or Canada. Canada especially has a booming oil sands industry, and with Trump approving the Keystone pipeline, they'll probably need more hands soon. Warning though, it's very hard, and sometimes dangerous work. It's like the coal mining of the 21st century.

Good luck.
>>
>>37459822
The Chinese are buying up everything. They're targeting the West and East Coasts primarily as their beachheads. But yes, I've seen the news reports saying, they're hitting metro areas inland too. It's only getting worse. More 'New Money' Chinese are created every year. And they know their country is a shithole, so they want to come over here. I swear, in 30 years or less, most of the country is going to be owned by some unholy alliance of Joos and Chinks.

inb4 /pol/ fag comments. It's just the reality we're heading towards.
>>
File: 2homegazing1229.jpg (1MB, 4172x1466px) Image search: [Google]
2homegazing1229.jpg
1MB, 4172x1466px
>>37455968
Move to Minnesota, OP. Some parts are robot heaven.

Minneapolis/St. Paul area is easy to get a start in. Cozy as it gets.
>>
what's the comfiest US state ?

just wondering.
>>
>>37459944
>unholy alliance of Joos and Chinks.
that makes me terrified but i don't get how (((they))) would be okay with that considering communism didn't take hold in china like the jews wanted.
>>
>>37460088
very stupid question. it's all based on preferences in climate and the city can vary wildly from the actual rest of the state (like portland is leftist and the rest of the state is much more conservative)
>>
>>37460011
The Great Lake states are regarded as having the greatest balance between chill and bustling cities. Minnesota and Winsconsin are mostly white and mostly free of drugs and violence, I mean in comparison to Ohio, they are. They have a 'third coast' so you don't really feel the itch to go to California or Florida like landlocked inhabitants.
>>
>>37455968

Lol I'm moving to winslow before 2 weeks are up.
>>
>>37460442
>mostly white
how many spics?
>>
>>37460451
>winslow
have fun with the killer bees lel
>>
>>37460146
imagine being such a pill-let that you believe politics is more important than mean IQ
>>
>>37460699
Few to none...
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.