[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Five suspects are called into police headquarters for questioning.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1492728617942.gif (30KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1492728617942.gif
30KB, 256x192px
Five suspects are called into police headquarters for questioning. They give the following statements.

>A: "One of the five of us is lying."
>B: "Two of the five of us are lying."
>C: "I know these guys, and three of the five of us are lying."
>D: "Don't listen to a word they say. Out of the five of us, four are lying."
>E: "All five of us are dirty rotten liars!"

The police only want to release the suspects who are telling the truth. How many people should they let go?
>>
Shoot the first guy, then ask the other four again. If they're still giving you riddles and shit shoot the next guy. Continue until enough have confessed. Case closed.
>>
>>37447762

bigbloxinmyheadboxsuckmydickfamtbhhaha
>>
>>37447762
E's statement can't be true. D should be released.
>>
>>37447762
A and c are free to go
>>
If everybody gives contradictory statement, then either one of them is right or none of them are. Wich means that D can be the only one saying the truth, since he is saying that all but one are liars.
However, if pic is related, then D is a nigger, so the police should kill him on the spot
>>
>>37447762
AT least 1 must be lying
For example, it cannot be true that A & B's statements are correct, since One and Two people cannot be lying.
E cannot be true
Therefore they release 1 person, D
>>
>>37447924
>contradictory statements
You sir, are the nigger. If a says 1 person is lying, it doesn't mean 2 can't be lying. He'd say only one person if lying if he's trying to imply no one else is lying
>>
>>37447762
D, I wont explain it because i consider it too obvious
but also too much effort
>>
>>37447968
He said one is lying, not at least one is lying.
>>
1, suspect D.
E's statement cannot be true. It's a paradox.
If A's statement is true then of all the statements 4 would be true, and since all 5 are contradictory only one can be true, so A is false.
Same logic eliminates B and C.
For D to be true, 4 of the statements must be false, and we've just shown that they are.
>>
>>37447897
Why would you trust C, C clearly said he doesnt know these people, how would he know they are lying
>>
>>37447762
Nice Professor Layton puzzle; now do the other one about the two hairdressers.
>>
>>37447762
Arrest the nigger he probably did it
>>
D is black. Lock him up and let the others go.
>>
>>37448000
This man is correct in his statement.
>>
>>37448070
I loved that one. I'll post it next.
>>
because they all have different answers, only 1 can be right

because only one can be right, it's D
>>
File: justcuts.jpg (36KB, 318x261px) Image search: [Google]
justcuts.jpg
36KB, 318x261px
>>37448070
made this OC and it got me a warning on /v/ for being unrelated/offtopic
>>
When A says "One of the five of us is lying" does he mean that only one is lying or at least one is lying?
I'll go with the former and say that D is the only one who isn't lying: E is contradicting herself, A can't be telling the truth because then B, C and D would also be right but that can't be, and B and C follow the same logic.
>>
>>37448246
He means that at least on of them is lying.
Look, lets just explain it in a way that 4 chan can get.

There are 5 girls in front of you and you get to sleep with any one of them you want, but it turns out that some of them are actually traps.

Not only are these traps, but they have HIV and are not receivers; their penis is well tucked as without the tuck, it's like a fucking pringles tube.

Each of the people are bitching out one another and are generally being rude, though at least one of them is telling the truth.

Today of all days, you want to play it straight and decided that traps should just stay in the shameful folder you have hidden in amongst a plethora of disappointing pictures; today you want to bone a girl, and she is a nice gril too!

The 5 people say the following:

Gril 1: I am not a trap and one of us is lying.
Gril 2: I am not a trap and two of us is lying.
Gril 3: I am not a trap and three of us is lying.
Gril 4: I am not a trap and four of us is lying.
Gril 5: I am not a trap and all 5 of us is lying.

You can not reach for their clam or hidden hot-dog, so you need to use the information given to get sweet sexage.

Figure it out please.
>>
>>37448564
You didn't change the important info but if he means at least, then one and two are telling the truth because 5 is lying and 4 and 1 can't both be true. So 4 and 5 are definitely false, 1 and 2 are definitely true, and 3 is now a paradox.

1 cannot be saying at least or the scenario is broken. 4 is the only one who goes free.
>>
>>37447762
There are two questions like this in Curious Village. The first one was easy because the culprit openly blamed everyone else, and claimed he was innocent. This one was a bit more tricky iirc, but I can't help but feel as though you changed their statements. I'd say D done did it.
>>
>>37448564
So, I went and checked the solution (should have thought about that sooner). When they say "x people are lying", they mean "exactly x people are lying". I guess somenthing was lost in translation?
If you wanna check you can google this: professor layton and the curious village puzzle 29
>>
Release the nigger, D.
>>
>>37448000
>A: "One of the five of us is lying."
That means exactly one is lying
>>
A.

E is impossible, therefore D is impossible, therefore C is impossible, therefore B is impossible, therefore A is the only one that is possible.
>>
>>37451079
I meant, they should only let one person go, A.
>>
>>37447762
Everyone is contradicting each other and only one says 4 are lying, so D is to be released
>>
>>37451079
But A says that only one person is lying, yet you said all the others are wrong, which makes A wrong
>>
>>37450838
what if he is lying and so are others lying too?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.