[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about getting one of these for self defense,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: A19-KG148.jpg (42KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
A19-KG148.jpg
42KB, 1000x1000px
I'm thinking about getting one of these for self defense, only 10 bucks because it's on sale, should I get it or not?
>>
>>37437150
If you don't know how to use a knife, then don't even think about using it in a real life situation, you'll most likely end up being stabbed to death with your own knife.
If you live in the US, save money and buy a gun.
>>
>>37437150
you are statistically more likely to look like an autistic faggot than to successfully use one on your attacker.

Try throwing your fidget spinner instead
>>
Go for it. Don't listen to the "hurt durr so edgy" faggots, you never know when you'll need it.

It might not even be another person, maybe some nigger doesn't put a leash on his pitbulls and next thing you know you're getting mauled. You will wish you had a knife at the very least. A gun is always better, though.
>>
>>37437216
I am in the USA but the only probably is I had a 5 year gun hold placed on me because I got sent to the psycho ward. so 4 more years till I can get a gun, so I need something for right now.
>>
>>37437267
if you can't own even a BP revolver, and you feel that you need something for self defence, then go for it, although i would suggest getting a taser or a baton tho, they are easier to use.
>>
>>37437318
Yeah I've always wanted a taser, but a knife has a better feel to it and looks cooler so the taser might have to wait.
>>
File: 1492570586591.jpg (512KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1492570586591.jpg
512KB, 2000x1333px
>>37437150
>Tfw switchblades just got legalized in Texas

I'm copping one as soon as I can.
>>
>>37437347
i know what you mean, however, think about it this way. In a fight, you can stab someone and he might not feel it due to the adrenaline rush, so he will keep attacking you, but if you use a taser on someone, you can be sure as hell that he will stop moving or at least stop attacking you.
>>
>>37437347
>a knife has a better feel to it and looks cooler
We're talking about self defense, not a fucking edgelord fashion contest. A taser or a baton are far better choices than a knife due to being easier to effectively use, less dangerous to yourself, and generally more immediately effective.
>>
>>37437355
good thing I just moved to Texas, I actually found a knife just lying on the ground once and I see gun shells on the street all the time.
>>
>>37437150
enjoy getting stopped by the police and arrested
>>
>>37437150
just buy a gun cucklord
you are over 21 aren't you?
>>
>>37437318
Pretty sure it's illegal to carry a baton.
OP, if you're going to get a knife for self defense, don't get a cheapo switch blade. Those are illegal to carry in many states. Look up knife laws regarding your state and city. A good bit of states allow you to carry full tang blades. If you're set on getting a cheap knife for self defense, a full tang knife will be much better than a shitty, flimsy stiletto.
>>
>>37437150
Looks like ellies knife from last of us
>>
If you're thinking of using a knife in a serious self defense situation you better be prepared to kill. It is dangerous, messy and personal. If you don't know what you're doing or if you freeze, you're fucked.
>>
>>37437608
>Pretty sure it's illegal to carry a baton.
i didn't know that, i'm not from the US you see.
Also, i totally agree with you, if OP is dead set on getting a knife, then he better buy a good one.
>>
Get a regular folding pocket knife. You can avoid liability for carrying a weapon. Also don't carry a knife if you don't know how to use one. And ten bucks is the mark of a cheaply made knife.
>>
>>37437721
it was originally 23 bucks, but it went on sale for 10 bucks.
>>
>>37437267
>letting them take your rights
This is why I won't go to a therapist. I'll be damned if they take the one thing I enjoy away from me.
>>
File: 1496096864263.jpg (258KB, 1220x1586px) Image search: [Google]
1496096864263.jpg
258KB, 1220x1586px
>>37437608
I bought a 75 dollar switch blade and that shit broke on me.
Don't fucking do it man. They aren't practical weapons, they are designed to look cool. That is mainly what they are for.

they are also very poor when it comes to cutting things.
>>
I have some pretty decent experience with edged weapon fighting. Buy a knife that feels good in the hand and practice with it. After a few years you will know which knives are best for you. That knife is a joke and good for no one. Are you a fat fuck or in good shape. Also are you fast with your hands or slow.
>>
>>37437744
23 bucks is still cheap, op. If you want to buy something, then buy something good.
>>
>>37437150
Ignore people telling you you'll get arrested.
I carry around one, most people I know do, nobody cares. I've gotten caught and they don't give a damn

I even live in cuckifornia, so that's saying something.

Buy one less obvious and weapons-looking tho. Mine basically just looks like a fold in medium-size pocketknife, but flicks out. It's big enough to do the trick tho.
>>
>>37437150
Just get a regular folding knife and not a retarded switchblade.
>>
>>37437833
It's not even a switchblade. It's just made to look that way. You open it with your finger nail
>>
File: 31XMQ1qe0yL._SY355_.jpg (9KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
31XMQ1qe0yL._SY355_.jpg
9KB, 355x355px
If you want a stilleto style knife get the cold steel ti-lite, its not spring assisted in any way but it does have the stilleto aesthetic
>>
>>37437150
A 10 dollar switchblade is going to be a piece of dog shit. It will most certainly break on you
You could just get a 10 dollar folding knife and it will probably be much better.
>>
>>37437217
>>37437216
Dont listen to these cucks op
Get a full tang knife and practice and if you're a big man (for u) then just go get a hammer and starting lifting and swinging.
>>
>>37437150
First of all this knife will be flimsy and blunt.
Buy a quality knife with sheath that doesnt have a spring or locking mechanism.

Now thats over with, you are fucking retarded.
Using a knife is extremely risky for self defense.
Save up your money and buy a Sig Sauer P226.
There, now you have a self defense carry weapon.
>>
>>37437913
Although i agree with you, read the thread, op already said that he can't get a gun.
see >>37437267
>>
>>37437913
I actually own a handmade nice one made in Germany that's like you described, it even has a sheath, only problem is I chipped part of the blade.
>>
>>37438090
If it still has a pointy end and an edge, then i don't see a problem.
>>
There's a reason people in America carry guns

In a knife fight, the winner goes to the hospital, the loser goes to the morgue
>>
OP, are you Puerto Rican?
>>
>>37438146
the chip is close to the end, but it still has the point, it got chipped cause I craved something on a tree.
>>37438164
No I'm white and american, why you ask?
>>
That knife is more for fashion/looks than anything else. Knives suck for self defense compared to most other options because you have to be close to your opponent. Fixed blades are better for self defense but are more difficult to conceal and carry comfortably. Also in Texas daggers are illegal to carry (double edged knives) but everything else is good as long as the blade is less than 5.5" in length. I would recommend a fixed blade knife as close to 5.5 inches in length or a folding knife with a Emerson Wave opening feature.
>>
>>37437150
No 10$ knife is going to a fucking peice of shit that will completely break if you are looking for an alright self defense the kershaw emerson cqc 8k is on sale over at Amazon and is a really decent knife
>>
>>37438164
no, he's cuban
>>
>>37437355
:O

>tfw just moved to commiefornia

At least my 12ga and kar98 are legal here ;_;
>>
>>37438937
>owns a kar98
Niceeee, post pics please I'm so jealous.
>>
Knives are absolute shit tier for self defense.
Get a gun or a taser.
>>
>>37437150
Knives are considered a lethal force instrument. In the eyes of the law, they are equal to guns in their application for defense and in the situations, depending on your state law, in which you can use them.

Furthermore, guns kill instantly. One shot to kill can be played off, a second execution shot is murder. The process of stabbing a man to death is easy to depict as intentional murder in court. Not to mention how the jury will react when they see a TACTICOOL X5000 CUTTER 9000, or in this case your useless double-edged blade.

For safety sake, carry mace or some other nonlethal method so you don't get raped in prison for 5-15 years on attempted or voluntary manslaughter charges.

I'm not memeing here. You're a fucking idiot if you carry a deadly weapon without knowing what you're getting into.
>>
>>37437150
Knives are useless for self defence. Almost no stopping force. In the best case you won't be able to pull it out. In the worst case you'll stab the attacker a couple of times, he'll beat the crap out of you, bleed to death and you'll be sent to jail for murder.
Even a katana is better since there is no punishment for killing people by making they laugh.
>>
>>37437150

why not just get a legal knife? or better yet, get a ccw? and if you don't live in a state/city with ccw, why?
>>
>>37437150
Save up and build your own Glock, fag.
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>37439163
>raped in prison for 5-15 years
>implying that I won't enjoy it
>>
>>37437217
You provide absolutely no proofs
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.