[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>father is dying of cancer >feel literally nothing This

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1495137544711.jpg (30KB, 425x564px) Image search: [Google]
1495137544711.jpg
30KB, 425x564px
>father is dying of cancer
>feel literally nothing
This doesn't make me a bad person, right?

Our relationship has never been good. It was hard to make eye contact before, it's impossible now. He's never made an attempt to know me or show he cares about me. I find it hard to do for him now. I can't get over the idea that this makes me morally wrong and evil to feel completely apathetic about my father dying.
>>
>>37436438
read "The Stranger" by Albert Camus, its short and explores a similar situation as yours. it might help put things into perspective for you
>>
>>37436438
Has he made any effort to show you some affection since the cancer? If not, I wouldn't feel had about apathy.
>>
>>37436438
When I was a kid I used to think I wouldn't care if my parents die. I never felt bad about it, but I was scared to tell other people because I thought they would think I'm psycho
>>
>>37436438
My father died of cancer 3 years ago and I felt nothing at all because he barely cared about us
>>
My dad cares about me, but I still don't like him
>talks too much
>never listens
>always getting mad, swearing
>always complaining
>is a fucking asshole
Yeah, fuck him. Even my mom refuses to ride in the car with him because he's unpleasant to be around.
>>
If I actively cared enough I would probably hope my father died. He was a bad person.

However Anon you shouldn't feel forced to have emotions for someone you don't have a relationship with. Just because you're genetically related doesn't mean you have to share a life.
>>
i went throught th same shit when i was 10, dont feel bad. its his fault for not being a good father, if he was a good father you would be sad
>>
>>37437223
Yet he paid for and raised your ungrateful ass so you could be a failure, leech his earnings, and shitpost on /r9k/. Well done
>>
>>37437223
Pretty damn close to mine, he's just really passive-aggressive in his complaining and mom still indulges him. He's not really a bad person so I try not to hate him, but I sure fucking hate living with him. I'd feel bad if he died because he's the main source of income for our family and I feel terrible admitting that but it's the truth.

>>37437659
We never asked to be born.
>>
>>37437659
>ungrateful
to be honest I would have rather been poor and lived without him

don't be mad because you self insert as my father and dislike the idea of me not appreciating your dick head insufferable self being around
>>
OP

tell us about your date situation
>>37387093
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.