[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>28 yr old khv NEET >keep seeing threads telling people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1496280415184.jpg (20KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
1496280415184.jpg
20KB, 200x295px
>28 yr old khv NEET
>keep seeing threads telling people to become welders
>think they're full of shit, but decide to look into it anyway, I have nothing better to do
>find out I need a license to work as a welder
>only the local welders union is allowed to give these out
>go there in person and ask how can I get one
>girl at the front desk explains I need to sign up for an apprenticeship
>Okay how do I sign up
>she says she's not done explaining
>there is a fixed amount of licenses
>a new apprenticeship only opens up when a currently licensed welder dies
>oh, okay
>there is a waiting list, you can sign up right now if you want
>over 25k people on the list
>local legislation says the first son of a licensed welder will be instantly bumped to the top of the list when signing up (but not above other first sons)

Just lol. Why even bother.
Back to fapping to anime I guess
>>
>>37436176
Where do you live? You probably have to live somewhere that doesn't have the whole union thing going on.

I used to live in NC and I saw welding jobs listed quite often there. I'm pretty sure they didn't require a license, and I doubt they were part of a union since unions were basically unheard of where I lived.
>>
>>37436761
fuckng unions.
RIP open competitive free market, how do people see this as good?
>>
>>37436176
When are advicefags here never full of shit? I mean really?
>>
>>37436947
>RIP open competitive free market

They only exist in economics textbooks.
>>
>>37436761
Also in NC, can confirm
>>
>>37436176
Kill over 25,000 welders
>>
>>37436947
>open competitive free market
In any competition, cheating is the most reliable strategy.
>>
Not like that where I live, you need at least a level two btec in welding (laughably easy).

It pays we but you have to be very thick skinned and immune to banter. Ready for long hours and hard dirty work. You'll be working with "Lads"
>>
Tarheelbot as well. Pretty sure no welders' union here.
>>
>>37436176
>>28 yr old khv NEET
Same here bro.

>>keep seeing threads telling people to become welders
Though about the same, did a lot of research and other than the fact you die quite young due to all that extremely toxic smoke it indeed pays quite well around here.

You need that and a ton of training, from what I saw you basically need to become a god at knowing temperatures, thickness of what you're welding, types of material, etc.

You should check on youtube, I think in the USA there was a welder school that even had a fucking bus that moved around the country teaching new welders because they kinda are in need for that shit.

Check "Advanced Career Institute" and search for welder stuff there, not sure how much they cost and how good they are but they are somewhat known for their blue collar courses.
>>
File: 1490500135019.png (32KB, 344x205px) Image search: [Google]
1490500135019.png
32KB, 344x205px
honestly op, neeting is the way to go. just do productive stuff in your free time. im neet and im a beyond broken human being and i spend most of my time losing weight, getting /fit/ and learning how to look better

stuff like /lookism/ is very real, and if ur a neet u can learn that shit for sure. korean beauty products all day

maybe i can lose my kv status one day, honestly i feel like 2017 is unlike any other year, as odd as it sounds. its like meme magic is influencing my life. ive done more in 2017 than i have in like 5 years of trying

so odd.
>>
>>37437370
Yeah OP, this is what you have to do, your life will be like all your favourite animes if you do this.
Go on a quest to fight all the aspiring welders, eventually moving into the big leagues to fight the old welder gods, to become the king of the welders. Mad pussy, adventures and a strong core of nakama will come to you if you do this
>>
>>37436176
this is one of the good things of living in the third world. No one cares about stuff like this. You don't even need a license to by a counselour here.
>>
>>37436947
Yeah, but what's the alternative? A race to the bottom for everyone?

Even non-union jobs are all about nepotism.
>>
>>37436176
It's the same as
>Just learn coding
In my area there is not a lot of coding jobs and the ones there are require upwarda of 4-5 languages and a few years of experience. Those are "entry" level.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.