[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /hopeful/? >Started learning Japanese >Plan

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 35

File: 53f.jpg (27KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
53f.jpg
27KB, 600x765px
Who here /hopeful/?
>Started learning Japanese
>Plan to move to Japan
>Marry an ugly-average Japanese goddess
>I can even get a job teaching English if my other career doesn't pick up
>>
>Going to move to a foreign country
>Have over 5 refferals, basically, because of relatives and family's friends who've met and known me before
>If I can't find apartment I can just chill in sister's flat for a bit
I might get a shit/average job, but at least I'll be guaranteed one.
>>
>>37428597
im hopeful
i think my life will improve even tough i have no skills,smarts,money,or talent i also don't work hard and im a neet
you can't get more hopeful
>>
File: 1495979837526.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1495979837526.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>37428780
>i think my life will improve even tough i have no skills,smarts,money,or talent i also don't work hard and im a neet
Same here bro
>>
>>37428629
What country are you moving to?
Original comment
>>
You know everywhere bar Tokyo Japanese people hate foreigners. If you dont plan to pay crazy living fees in Tokyo, prepare to feel like a circus animal the rest of your life. They will never except you and you won't be teaching English, you will just be the teachers pet.
Take it from me, my brother thought in Japan for 6 years and he hated it because they treat you like an alien.
>>
Japan is not like anime. They treat anyone who isnt Japanese as secondiscussed class citizens.
>>
File: 1492916039833.png (521KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492916039833.png
521KB, 800x800px
How do I move to 2D Japan?
>>
>>37429145
>>37429172
Wrong, they treat all non-asians like gods, because they're exotic to them.
Don't worry OP, you'll have a blast.
>>
>>37429330
If you consider everyone gawking at you because of your race and never seeing you as anything else then sure your a "god". Get real man. Wake up. They are an extremely xenophobic people and I think always will be.
>>
>>37429205
An hero
Origamii
>>
File: 1495334628439.gif (1016KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495334628439.gif
1016KB, 500x500px
>>37429418
Do I get to be the little Japanese girl too?
>>
>>37428597
You mean who here /delusional/ right?
>>
>>37429448
This actually works I've tried it.
1. Turn on your favourite anime. Headphones in audio at max
2.Go to sleep or smoke some weed
>>
>>37428597
This is some cookie-cutter delusional bait, OP.
>>
>be beautiful
>be smart
>try hard
>always doing something when not on r/canine
>devoted to hobbies and studies
>decent grades
>still no friends but I am hopeful one day I will make some and eventually get a gf
>will probably be moderately successful after college
>not completely bitter
>>
>>37428597

God I loved seeing guys like you get their dreams crushed back when I worked in Japan. Every so often we'd get one of you coming in and within months you could just see the utter defeat on their face and in their body language. I'll admit that I'd sometimes invite them out for drinks with the rest of the office just so that they had to uncomfortably and wordlessly sit there while the rest of us talked and laughed. After a few years of working in Japan and dealing with delusional twerps like you I totally understand why Chad fucks with betas so much. It really is fun.
>>
>>37429330
they only see you as god if you confine yourself to english class and make sure not to go out of character.

If you go somewhere where only japanese usually are or act out of character of what japanese see in their cartoon drawings of gaijins they'll try to remove you.
>>
>>37428597
>>Started learning Japanese
>>Plan to move to Japan
>>Marry an ugly-average Japanese goddess

Just don't think it's easy.
You have to accept certain facts about Japan before you go there or you won't make it.

Japan is the most challenging country in the world to move to, that's no joke.

But you can do it. With trial and vigilance

>>37429583
JET is too easy to get into. Almost everyone who fucks up Japan JET'd their way in. They literally did zero research.
>>
>>37428597
I wouldn't have being a teacher as a backup job if you didn't want to be one in the first place boss.
>>
>>37429752
this is a literal lie, and a misinterpretation of japanese psyche.

Let me explain. This all has to do with japanese psychology/philosophy.

Japan likes people who can think like japanese. If you can think like a japanese person, you'll be OK. If you try to act like a Westerner in Japan you should still be OK but the mindset you choose will determine the kinds of friends you make in Japan

If you act western/american, you'll be friends with japanese people with international aspirations, just like the guys in America who really like talking to foreigners (We exist!)

if you act japanese, you have a real shot at scoring a traditional japanese chick, but the penalty of fucking this up means everyone looks at you as a geek/dweeb and you never makes friends. So you have to be really sure you know how a japanese person thinks before doing this. But people will really respect you if you pull it off.
>>
>>37428597

What makes you think that will be easy just because you know bits of japanese? In japan a flat as small as my dick costs almost as much as a house in america. And I don't think they have a shortage on teachers.
>>
>>37429957
How does a jap think?
>>
>>37428597
are you using duolingo, OP?
>>
>>37429877
What certain facts does he have to accept?
>>
>Thought I was gonna fail the semester
>End up with a 3.2
happy.jpg
>>
>hope
go away
>>
>>37430009
>What certain facts does he have to accept?

*You're not gonna have money
*You're not gonna have any free time
*You have to work your ass off
*You have to change your perception of the world

If you can commit to the above 4 facts, you should be OK in Japan. This is just a brief synopsis, but yeah. Japan is a lot of work for little returns, that is until you get into English tutoring as a side job which is $50/hour. Once you learn to work that in with your primary job you can start to become financially stable
>>
>>37429980
>How does a jap think?

You pick up on it yourself over time, but taking japanese sociology/culture classes in University can help you understand it Also learn about Buddhism and Shinto and their respective social values

If you don't want to take japanese social/culture courses in university, consume enough japanese media and you should pick up on it over time
>>
>>37428597
I mean this is great for you duden but don't you feel ashamed of doing that?
That's basically admitting that your only skill is speaking english (if your other job doesn't work) and marrying ugly girls because you're a foreigner and that appeals to some people.
And would you be really accepted there as a foreigner? I think that when they think about a foreigner they think about a blond, strong, tall guy rather than whatever you look like. That's why I don't want to move to Japan, I'd feel like they think of me as some guy who tries too hard to fit in when I obviously can't and look like the most generic foreigner there is with barely ok Japanese.
>>
>>37428597
there'd be more reason to be hopeful if your hopes weren't embarrassing in and of themselves
>>
File: Luminestress.png (527KB, 1000x637px) Image search: [Google]
Luminestress.png
527KB, 1000x637px
My name translates to faith. I'm not religious, ironically, though I have been in enough lucky situations to make me wonder.

I don't like being hopeful or having blind Faith but I have major ambition and I don't know why. I'd much rather be dead than continue living to live.

Currently I'm hopeful that my current sale will happen soon. If this sale works out I can snowball my way to $2.4K by tomorrow and fix my debt.

Then I can upgrade my tech and be gone from this place and onto a new country!

If not then I'll see more debt and will another year or 2 where I am.
>>
File: 1496123856933.jpg (70KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1496123856933.jpg
70KB, 400x388px
>recently joined a sports club
>started gaining weight
>gaining more confidence
lookin good for me
>>
>all these miserable posters trying to bring me down with their "enlightening" reasonings on why my plans are dumb
Never change /r9k/, not like I'm moving to Japan all at once. Of course I'm gonna test the waters.
>>
>>37431318
>not moving to Japan all at once
>send my dick over first because that's the smallest and cheapest
>if it's good send the rest of my disgusting body
>leave dignity at home
>>
>>37431318

you sound like an indecisive little bitch

even if you find an ugly jap wife a real ass nigga like me will just fuck her behind your back anyway
>>
>>37431318
>wants to move to Japan because "it's the land from my anime"
>doesn't realize that if he is the type of person that posts on r9k and watches anime the jams will literally despise him.
>when people try to tell you that moving to Japan is a terrible idea just laugh it off.

You are actually retarded. You think you'll like Japan because you have watched anime. That is like saying I'm going to move to America because I have watched icarly the Americans seem so fun
>>
I'm learning japanese too. Just finished Katakana and Hiragana. I don't have any dreams of moving to japan, though. It'd be nice to visit and I wouldn't turn down a shot to live there if it fell in my lap, but the Legal System scares me and I don't make enough friends even in my own country with people who speak my language, doubt i'd do it any better in japan.

I'm just learning it because I set two goals for myself by the time i'm 30 (5 years from now): Know a decent amount of Japanese, and lose a ton of weight. So far, i've just finished Katakana and am looking at how to progress next, and i've lost 40 pounds since october.

My plans for Japanese are as a faint "Oh look I have extra skills" for jobs, and then the ability to read untranslated hentai and watch untranslated Kamen Rider.

Maybe I could use it as a gimmick for being an online content creator, who knows.

But mostly the first two.
>>
>>37431572
>nigga

your either a nigger or a wigger, Japs wouldn't like a fat wigger like you and they hate blacks even more
>>
>started youtube channel

I'm playing alot more guitar than I would have been if I didn't have the channel

I'm pretty hopeful to get to at least 100 subs

Here's my latest song if anyone wants to check it out it's acoustic instrumentals I largely do with some songs where I sing

https://youtu.be/Gj0FlGso_-M
>>
File: 1477620350180.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1477620350180.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>37428597

You selfish fucking cunt

>moving to a country to steal their women
>having a weak Hapa child that cant recieve organ donations

stay in your own fucking country
>>
>>37431653
I don't watch anime
>>37432584
I am hapa...
>>
>>37431653
That was a terrible example anon, Americans are exactly like iCarly lmao
>>
>>37428597
>can even get a job teaching English if my other career doesn't pick up
Is this supposed to be impressive? They take any desperate weebs regardless of experience
>>
>>37428597
do you wanna study Japanese with me OP I just started too
>>
File: 1478696720566.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
1478696720566.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
>no matter what happens, there will always be shitty anime
and it's all I need
>>
File: g.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
Op! I'm so happy to see people excited and happy here!

I'm rooting for you and everybody else in this thread who's trying their best! Everybody, really please do your best! You're great and I know you can do it!
>>
File: GW250H297.png (119KB, 250x297px) Image search: [Google]
GW250H297.png
119KB, 250x297px
>>37428597
Hoping I'll get with this 6/10 female who entitled me as her male version.
Bitch has seemed great personality-wise so far.

Having lots of fun talking half of the classes with my girls, and occasionally helping them. I like helping them.

Just started giving one of them the cold shoulder though, since she realized I was falling for her thus started trying to use me. Fucking whore. Woman is desperate now because of my stance change, hugged me while I was answering a question for her after a fucking 2 weeks hiatus, its almost like she's trying to re-hypnotize my ass.

Also, I'm pretty easy time in this place. Shit's cash.
Having vacations soon. Gon' read a shitload of books and learn the guitar to boost my pseudo-intelectuality.
Maybe get better at Spanish so I can turn tri-lingual.

My future is coming on.
>>
>tfw recently got my first job at McDonald
>Not much, but if continue with 40 hour weeks, should have enough for study abroad next summer
>also going to AX for the first time in july
>working on 2hu cosplay too
I'm pretty happy
>>
File: cyborg.jpg (68KB, 494x400px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg.jpg
68KB, 494x400px
>>37434056
>Also, I'm pretty easy time in this place. Shit's cash.
*I'm having a pretty easy time
Sorry for bad englando, kek. Guess my brain though I had already typed ''having''.

I also remembered that I'm starting to grow a poor-man's six pack. Genetics are really motivating me to keep working out. Hopefully laziness won't take over me and I'll end up skipping 3 weeks like last time.
>>
>>37432755
You better be a half nip hapa then. Oh and you better be more white that Asian too. You should be fashionable, able to be a extraverted normie or pretend to and also have loads of interesting stories about wherever you come from. Oh not to mention you should be just as funny or entertaining as Japanese television talents or otherwise you don't exist. Take it from me I have to do this fucking charade every time I go to Japan.

t. Nip hafu
>>
File: wojak-flipping-hamburgers.jpg (58KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wojak-flipping-hamburgers.jpg
58KB, 480x360px
>>37428597
>my other career
>>
>perfect hikikomori qt disappeared for 3 months with no warning
>just came back online and immediately messaged me, apologizing
>I've been working on hobbies and mindset in the interim and just started on the path to /fit/ness
/hopeful/ here
>>
>mildly attractive (?)
>cool group of friends
>girls think i look like taylor lautner (this has been said to me before)
>getting decent at guitar
>solid grades
>have a shitty band
>underage
i think i'm gonna make it
>>
File: 0026.png (410KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
0026.png
410KB, 960x540px
>young
>occasionally work doing unauthorized landscaping
>looking for jobs around town and online
>learning to use Blender
>plan on becoming game dev or animator
>I've stopped gaining and losing weight rapidly

Life's good - now I just need to make sure I don't fuck up.

Pic related - it's a recent render
>>
>>37435471
>it's a recent render
Nice, looks good Anon.
>>
File: 0016.png (649KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
0016.png
649KB, 960x540px
>>37435640
Thanks.

Of course this post isn't original
>>
>>37428597
Why do people feel like all of their problems and mental issues are suddenly going to just disappear by moving to Japan? Is this a result of watching too much anime?

I'm being serious.
>>
>>37435471
Literally no one uses blender in the industry, you'll want to learn Max or Maya instead. I think Maya is the more common one.
>>
>>37431040
Hope that works out for you mate
>>
File: 1496104333611.jpg (88KB, 598x563px) Image search: [Google]
1496104333611.jpg
88KB, 598x563px
>>37435230
normie reeee

>oreganolio
>>
>>37428597
I'm thinking of going on a trip through asia next year for a few months, could be pretty good. So I'd say things aren't too shit for me either :^)
>>
>>37436020
i kind of want to know that too as i had a douche friend do that too.
>>
>just got a job
>making progress on learning German and Esperanto
>getting back into contact with some friends that drifted away a while ago

Feels more good then bad, although it's all going to come tumbling down before the end of the year no doubt.
>>
File: 1494890760275.jpg (2KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1494890760275.jpg
2KB, 125x100px
>>37429172
>secondiscussed
wat is this word mean
>>
>>37436250
>German and Esperanto
Enjoy your dead languages. Especially when Turkey decides to annex Germanistan
>>
>>37436338
>wat is this word mean
Covfefe
>>
>>37429583
You're probably an insufferable cunt but I share your experience.
I lived in Chile for 10 years and watched countless "finding themselves" liberal gringo faggots pass through this same process. So eager at first until they get robbed, realize women don't really care about their whiteness, hate teaching English. Some countries look and sound nice, but in reality love to chew foreigners up and spit them back out, pennyless and wordless back to their parent's house in Western Oregon.
It's best to not be a beta and try to go abroad, especially if there's a high learning curve on the culture/language. You'll just cry yourself to sleep and wish you were back in mummy's basement.
However, being a tall, blond, fluent alpha with your own business is highly recommended.
t. Tall blond business owner in South America, currently by the beach in Brazil. Can't complain.
>>
>>37436450
>he's a /pol/faggot
>>
>>37428597
Oh God...
What are you doing, dumbass? Japan is nothing like your cartoons. You will regret it.
>>
>just graduated from uni (wasn't sure if i was gonna make it)
>going home in 2 weeks
>finally get to leave new york shitty
>will no longer spend my days in classrooms filled with commies
>will no longer live in the most densely-populated county in the US

feels good man. can't wait to get back home where i have some privacy and i'm not surrounded by a bunch of shitheads.
>>
>>37436487
>anybody who challenges my narrowminded views on the world is from /pol/
wew lad
>>
>>37429145
Can confirm this not true. Lived in Tokyo and in the country side. In Tokyo lots of people go out of their way to talk to foreigners and you can bust down social barriers just by being ignorant of social conventions. In the country side you get side long looks from all the old people but young people either don't give a shit or fucking love your wacky gaijin antics.
>>
>>37436865
>Can confirm this not true. Lived in Tokyo and in the country side. In Tokyo lots of people go out of their way to talk to foreigners and you can bust down social barriers just by being ignorant of social conventions. In the country side you get side long looks from all the old people but young people either don't give a shit or fucking love your wacky gaijin antics.

Have you literally never been to Hokkaido?

Even rural japan is friendly as fuck as long as you're not a shitstain on society or act like a sperg.
>>
>>37436171
It almost didn't work out but convince saves the day.

I can't wait for the end of this journey Anon. I just want to eat at this point t
>>
>>37434268
is that really what it's like? I'm hafu as well but I've never been to Japan
>>
>>37436694
>Spouts hyperbole about a political situation that he's obviously never seen or experienced first hand
>not /pol/
>>
>>37428597
I haven't got a reason to be hopeful
>>
>>37428597
all right but don't take your poor wife back to your home country when you get sick of Japan because there's a good chance she won't ever adapt or properly learn the language. Then you'll resent her and she'll be miserable. Just a heads up.It's basically what happened to my parents
>>
>>37437484
sorry you take meming so seriously
>>
>>37437461
Halfies have a really hard time in Japan because the foreign parent is usually retarded with no idea on how to raise a child in Japan
>>
I love Japan! It's great country!!
>>
im going to japan in september for a year on exchange. gonna go to aokigahara and hang myself
>>
File: aokigahara_suicide_forest_3.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
aokigahara_suicide_forest_3.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
>>37439442
wow cool try not to leave all your trash lying around
>>
File: suicide forest.png (999KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
suicide forest.png
999KB, 1280x1024px
>>37439442
>im going to japan in september for a year on exchange. gonna go to aokigahara and hang myself

good idea
>>
>>37439485

definitely will only leave my trash corpse
>>
>>37439519
Yeah leave it to the forest workers and the locals to deal with. fuck'em
>>
>>37439442

aokigahara is fucking far away man, stop being a poser and do it in the first train station you get to
>>
>>37439519
i'm not him but i have a question for you

question: why did you only go to japan for a year

why fall for the exchange student meme? were you that desperate to go to japan or did you just really want to kill yourself in the haunted forest of death?
>>
>>37439580
>why fall for the exchange student meme?

must suck living in a third world country where exchange studies aren't fully paid by the government
>>
I'm relapsing pretty bad into paranoia tonight
>not gonna make it
>everyone's out to get me
>friends are just waiting to stab me in the back
>acquaintances are going to shun me
>can't sleep
>debt collectors going to find me
>>
>>37439593
i live in america.

exchange study is a dead end meme. if you want to study in japan, you apply directly to he university. don't let your country's government shackle you

well, it sounds like you already did.
>>
>>37439620
I don't get it. What about people who just want to study abroad for a semester or two? Is that a meme? not him btw
>>
You really think japan will give you citizenship? Hahaha japan is notoriously hard to immgrate too..

They wouldnt let a complete loser failure like you in, they dont really give english teachers citizenship plus they enerally hate english teachers, almost all of them are bad people.

And i know you are a loser because only a loser would fantasize about moving to japan.
>>
File: 7ef.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>37428597
First of all, it's a country that's been in recession for 20 years straight. Second, it's a country with an extremely old population and declining birth rates. Nobody's gonna pay for your pension when you are 60-something. Third,
>I can even get a job teaching English if my other career doesn't pick up
You need a relevant bachelor or higher level degree to get a job visa in Japan.

tl;dr you're a very delusional bait.
>>
>>37439638
>I don't get it. What about people who just want to study abroad for a semester or two? Is that a meme? not him btw

There's literally no point.

If you decide, while studying abroad, you like the country and want to say, you can't, and you're fucked.

If you sign the government's contract and willingfully shackle yourself, you only have yourself to blame if you decide later you suddenly wantto stay

"exchange student" is a glorified vacation for people who have no idea what to do with money
>>
Are Hapas more or less accepted than foreigners in Japan?
>>
>>37439693
> Hahaha japan is notoriously hard to immgrate too.
Actually, Japan has a very high rate of accepting naturalisation requests. The problem is, one needs to live there for five years(less if married to a Japanese citizen) without breaking laws before submitting an application. So it is hard not to get an acceptance, but to move there in first place.
>>
>got first credit card 1 month ago
>paid off balance as soon as it was posted
>credit score is 679
>good enough to rent
>lots of places listed nearby recently within my price range
>I am no longer trapped in a home with family which shits on me
>>
>>37437461
Yeah my dude. I feel bad since I see hafu folks and they don't have the luck of looking more white and they get completely ignored. I can attest to the thing where if I don't dress like a metrosexual which most Japanese do then I don't tend to get as much acknowledgement as if I dressed like I normally do when I'm in the us. It's quite rough and it's hard to live up to what they want but by God it's the closest to becoming Chad you will ever feel. Japanese men fucking hate your guts and are passive aggressive and you will only have female friends for the most part. But other than that shits great. Just my experience.
>>
>>37439727
>If you sign the government's contract and willingfully shackle yourself, you only have yourself to blame if you decide later you suddenly wantto stay
Are you saying that the government won't let you stay longer than your exchange time, or that you can't return to the country after the exchange is over? I've never heard of anything like this before so I'm not sure I understand what you're saying
>>
>>37439852
your credits, visa, and scholarship requirements all dictate you HAVE to return to your origin country no matter what, your visa won't allow you to stay longer if you want

that's why it's a dead end. it's a waste of money. once you find out how much money you need to actually save up to qualify for an ACTUAL visa, you'll suddenly realize you're wasting money on the exchange student meme

Japan's requirement is $26,000 in the bank account for a standard non-transfer student visa
>>
>>37439580

my degree is japanese studies, it's a compulsory for me to graduate to spend a year in japan. desu i don't really even want to go, hope NK nukes japan so my degree gets cancelled
>>
>>37439911
what are your plans after graduation anon
>>
>>37437839
It's not really just that. There is a characature that all hafus have to follow. Wether the individual follows that will lead to their success or failure. Hell half of those damn things you don't even control. Many of them believe that hafus are brilliant multicultural extroverted talents with good looks and multinational prespective on life. Kind like what people presume 747 pilots and the like are. The parent can only play such a role in this. My mother was completely blind and never understood this about my sister and I and my dad was having issues dealing with xenophobia himself since he doesn't take passive aggressive bullshit very well and will confront people which is a big no no in Japanese culture.

It's really a game to live in Japan and being fake as fuck like that sucks. It's no surprise that many of us are sociopaths.
>>
>>37439890
Oh okay I get it, you're saying that it's a bad idea for people who want to live long term in Japan to do the exchange thing. It's not really a meme for people to go on an exchange if they just want a kind of "vacation"
>>
File: RageFace.png (19KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
RageFace.png
19KB, 300x309px
>>37439911
>my degree is japanese studies

Your major is japanese studies? Why? LITERALLY WHY? THERE'S NO JOB THERE

You're supposed to MINOR in Japanese, not MAJOR in it
>>
>>37439924

would like to freelance translate or something i can do at home but i dunno. my university is very reputable and one of the best in europe for japanese so a lot of the better grads go to work for nintendo of europe in germany, i might do that.
>>
>>37439911
You'll be the one who'd have to clear the radioative waste.
Although, Best Korea's nukes would just fall in the ocean. Or would be shot down by that American anti-nuke defence system in Okinawa. Or both.
>>
>>37439954
>freelance translate
What kind of area are you settling down in? My mom does this for a living at the moment and I can tell you some stuff about it if you would like. But I mean she gets paid somewhere about 55-175/hr.
>>
>>37439945

here it's not the same as in the US where degrees don't mean anything. people who graduate with a japanese studies degree here will be fluent and trained in translation. there's plenty of jobs for that either here or in japan (but i don't want to live in japan anyway).
>>
>>37439979
what is your country of origin?
>>
>>37439954
Is freelance translation a viable way to make a livable income? And what kind of stuff do people do at nintendo in europe? Translation? Business related things?

just curious
>>
>>37439978

dunno yet, legal or medical seems the most highly paid but i don't really care about being rich i just need a pc + internet + bed
>>
>>37439936
>Oh okay I get it, you're saying that it's a bad idea for people who want to live long term in Japan to do the exchange thing. It's not really a meme for people to go on an exchange if they just want a kind of "vacation"

No, it's not a meme in that circumstance, but it's also a dumb idea since it doesn't help your future prospects one bit to do a foreign exchange study

you're literally just inflating your college loan/monies for no reason.
>>
>>37432142

Alright buddy, calm down.
>>
>>37440014
From what my mom has told me is that translating text will get you nowhere and doing a job translating and driving folks around made her more money. She makes about 53,000/yr just only working 3 days a week taking Japanese folks around Orlando translating for their businesses and showing them around town or taking rich families to Disney.
>>
>>37439997

the UK

>>37440000

i've already done some freelance translation, just random manga shit etc and it pays well imo.. people who freelance translate technical documents can make bank.

& probably mostly translation/localisation into english, but presumably there's various positions available on the business side as well like any japanese company in europe
>>
>>37440060

well translating means text.. interpreting is what your mom does
>>
>>37439979
Would you make a lot more money if you actually lived in Japan or not really?
>>
File: Untitled.png (105KB, 248x247px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
105KB, 248x247px
I'd take a trip to Japan and spend a week or two, but I'd never live there. Mostly because I'm black, but also because I'd be "restricted" to Tokyo or Shibuya and I already get those vibes from NYC.

It'd be pretty nice to visit and meet someone though
>>
>>37440115

probably not, considering i'd probably be in tokyo and cost of living is dumb. plus they work you like a dog and im too lazy for that
>>
>>37428597
this is fucking bait lmfao
>>
>>37440115
Not him but is the hassle of having to deal with bullshit that living in a culture like Japan worth it to you at that point? My dad gave up a job making 88,000 dollars a year to come back to the us after being unable to deal with Japanese work culture and it's bullshit.
>>
>>37440084
>>37439979
>accepted a foreign exchange program to japan
>[i don't want to live in japan]
>talking openly about going to the suicide forest

i'm calling bullshit.

Japan doesn't want Japanese majors, you should have minored in it instead and majored in STEM

I see why you want to kill yourself now.
>>
>>37440037

btw, my tuition for the year abroad is only 1300 gbp (versus typical 9000), and im getting a scholarship from the japanese government of 80,000 yen a month because of my academic performance, so it's not really a financial burden & the college loans here aren't real loans anyway so it's not a big deal

i'm also not transferring credits or anything so it really is just a year long vacation basically
>>
>>37440173
I had a buddy went to Japan for a year to study ceramics and not the useful industrial kind but making vases and pots and shit. He did make me a dope ass nipponese style tea set tho.
>>
>>37440173

there's no such thing as "minor/major" like that in the UK... if you're doing japanese then you can't just take a few classes of it lol. at best you could do a dual degree where you do japanese & history, where you are doing japanese language but instead of some cultural classes you do classes from the history department instead. the system isn't the same here.

japan doesn't want japanese majors from the US because the quality of education is terrible. there are literally japanese companies actively recruiting at my university every 6 months, and hold events and shit to try and get people to come.
>>
>>37429957
This. Let me tell you all a story.

>Irish festival in town in upstate NY, go by myself to get some food
>see old man sitting by himself drinking
>fuck it, I'm gonna talk to this lonely old man
>his first name is the same as mine
>ask him to tell me his life story
>he goes "Well, I hope you have enough time for that..."
>he was stationed in Japan in WWII
>stayed there after the war ended and lived there most of his life
>I then speak to him in Japanese for a bit (took it in college) and mention how I might try teaching English there some day
>he is surprised as fuck to see someone else who knows about Japan
>of course the random old man I talk to was from Japan
>tells me more about his life..
>got a Japanese wife
>slowly learned more and more Japanese over the years
>"For a while, they will treat you like a foreigner. That's just the way it is. But as you learn their language and culture more and more, eventually they will see you as a Japanese, just like them.
>His friends in Japan even let him play on a "Japanese only" baseball team thing
>years later
>divorced wife, has a daughter over somewhere in Japan, and now he's an old man in a shitty city in NY
>he said if I ever wanted to visit Japan, he could get me a place to sleep at for free
>he gave me his phone number and told me about a good bar

2 years later, I have the piece of paper with his email and phone number. I never called or emailed him. He's probably dead.

But my point is, don't believe all the "Japanese hate foreigners" stuff, these are just bitter trolls repeating stuff they read elsewhere on the net, trying to dissuade someone's happy dream of living in Japan---because the themselves lack such a dream, seeing someone else with a dream like yours makes them envious.
>>
>>37428597
>>37428780
>>37428798
If you're a socially retarded loser here you'll be even more of one in Japan. They won't say it to your face but what they think of you will become clear in other ways.

>>37436865
>>37437374
>>37429330

Most people will be nice to you because you're a novelty and a lot of Japanese people tend to hide their true feelings to be polite, but if you try to form any deeper relationships it will pretty much work out the same or even worse than it did where you came from. If people can't stand you in your home country they won't be able to stand you in Japan either.

Moving to Japan is OK if you genuinely want to become an English teacher, but don't listen to these guys if you're aiming for the move to magically solve all your social and personality problems. These are something that you can only solve by changing yourself.
>>
>>37440212

i would also like to point out this piece of info about the uni i will be an exchange student of

"In a unique ranking, TBS ranked Japanese universities by the questionnaire of "Which university student do you want to have as your boyfriend?" to 300 girls in Shibuya, and Keio was ranked 1st in this ranking"

jelly that im gonna find my desperate waifu?
>>
>>37440283
Why would Japan want a foreigner whose major is in Japanese?

That's like an american company hiring a foeigner whose major is "American studies"

lmao what?

Your major is fucking useless for anything but becoming a college professor in Japanese and MAYBE translating
>>
>>37440471
>Shibuya
Yeah because that cesspool is what you want. Tbh West Tokyo was a mistake.
>>
>>37440135
post contact please thanks desu
>>
>>37440494
Because you can go to about any country with and type of degree. Hell before I dropped out of college they where sending gender studies majors to Korea to be exchange students.
>>
>>37440318
>Man divorces wife
>instantly gets BTFO JAPAN

That's why you don't do the marriage visa, folks.
>>
>>37440494

if you knew anything about japan you'd know their english education system is atrocious and therefore the population's english skills are fucking terrible. they're desperate for translators and people who can work as liasons in business. if you are a native english speaker and fluent in japanese then it is piss easy to find a decent job at a japanese company. thankfully japanese education in america is also dogshit so the competition is pretty sparse.
>>
>>37440494
Look up who Alex Kerr is.
>>
>>37440530
are you planning on going to Japan for your master's?

there's a $12,000 scholarship available for japan studies majors who get a score of 100 or higher on the JLPT N1
>>
>>37440523

you can email me at [email protected] for whatever strange reason you desire
>>
>>37440648

>there's a $12,000 scholarship available for japan studies majors who get a score of 100 or higher on the JLPT N1

got a link?
>>
File: force of will.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
force of will.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>37440643
>Look up who Alex Kerr is.

*opens google*
*types Alex Kerr*
Alex Kerr (born 1952) is an American writer and Japanologist.

>He is perhaps most well known for his book Lost Japan (1993), which describes what he saw as the sorry modern state of the country in which he has spent more than 35 years of his life. Lost Japan was originally written and published in Japanese, as Utsukushiki Nihon no Zanzo Last Glimpse of Beautiful Japan). He was the first foreigner to be awarded the Shincho Gakugei Literature Prize for the best work of non-fiction published in Japan; he won it in 1994 for this work. His later work Dogs and Demons (2002) addressed the same issues of degradation and loss of native culture in the wake of modernization and Westernization

I....didn't want to feel this feel tonight

i'm now extremely depressed
>>
>>37440648
Nope, I dropped out to go work on power lines. I make way better money and get more job satisfaction being a lineman than doing anything like that.
>>
My youtube channel has almost 200 subs. That's a small army!
>>
>>37440714
>got a link?

you don't have access to scholarship pages yourself?
>>
>>37440957

i've never seen/heard of that particular one. maybe it's US only
>>
>>37428798
me three, good to see people who dont fall for the depression meme
>>
>>37429554
you dont have much to complai about. in fact, youve got it pretty good.
you know the drill, off my board
>>
>>37434056
Are you obsessed with Gorillaz or something?
>>
>>37428597
I am gomenasai originallo
>>
>>37440037
Let's say I don't have to pay tuition, I am not in student debt at all. Is it a meme then? It seems smart to spend a semester or two in Japan to test the waters and get a taste of what life there would be like.

What is the problem with this?
>>
>>37440120
Japanese people don't hate black people
>>
>>37441465

Have you been there?

jhsfdjhfjs
>>
File: 822QDKQM6Cnwsimg1.jpg (77KB, 810x540px) Image search: [Google]
822QDKQM6Cnwsimg1.jpg
77KB, 810x540px
>>37441495
Miss universe Japan was black
>>
>>37441532

Yeah, and there was a shitload of controversy about it
>>
>>37441543
Well played
Original comment
>>
>>37441543
You're grasping at straws here. It's clear that Japanese people generally aren't racist. Maybe xenophobic, but not explicitly racist.
>>
>>37440318
Thanks anon that was quite the uplifting story
>>
>Plan to move to Japan
GOODURUUU
LUCKURUUU
>>
File: 7640143.jpg (9KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
7640143.jpg
9KB, 200x189px
Op here didn't realize my thread would last all day and get so many replies
Thanks for the support robots
I shall continue my path to my dream
>>
>Just spent a year of neeting around after high school completely depressed me.
>around February/March I got bored of doing nothing, so I decided to learn math and code, and start getting somewhat /fit/ (though I gave up on that, but having to go out made me care for my appearance a little).
>Parents pressured me into applying for university
>apply to an ultra-competitive one in my country (getting in essentially means a comfy engineering/tech job secured) because I know they won't accept me (the guys who were getting the best grades in my class last year both got rejected), and I didn't really want to start going to uni.
>mfw school reads my file, and I get an oral interview, which is reputed to be the very hard part
>mfw I just got my results 2 days ago to say I passed
> I contacted the normie nerds in my class from last year asking them if I'd be seing them at that school (pretending like I didn't know they got rejected).
>one of them got mad and started sperging at me in a chat
>the other one won't believe me
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>37442784
good ruck davido-kun
>>
>>37443247
You got accepted to a school that people with better grades didn't?
Doesn't sound believable, but which school is it
>>
>>37433520
Why are you so cute and nice to everybody even if they're mean to you? I don't get it.
>>
>>37434056
Lmao why do you type in first personomniscient point of view
>>
>>37443390
Person omniscient*
>>
>>37430233
So what you're saying here, is you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>37439890
Stop lying. My sister was an exchange student for a semester and found a job there and ended up staying a year and got a visa. She's also got a job lined up and is going to go back to Japan soon.
Also she almost had no savings on her bank account.
>>
>>37428597
What ever this meme face name is, he looks weird like tgat
>>
>>37431653
>the jams will literally despise him.
Fuck you my strawberry jam likes me
>>
File: 1447573566033.jpg (54KB, 370x572px) Image search: [Google]
1447573566033.jpg
54KB, 370x572px
>>37428597
I was hopeful too before coming to Japan,
I thought all my problems would vanish and I would live the life. It's not true.
Nothing's ever going to change
>>
>>37439927
Heard Japs are scared of white girls or some shit. Does your sister have problem with jap men?
>>
>>37429145
The only memory I have from Japan is when an old lady in the bus sitting next to me said I was "kawaii".
I had long blond hair at that time, so it probably had to do with it.
Otherwise I didn't feel like much of a nuisance. As long as you try to adapt to Japanese culture, and especially learn their basic rules (basically, don't be a hindrance for other people), most will just not care.
Only freaks at this point are openly against foreigners, most don't give a fuck or are curious about them, that's it.
>>
stay out of jp you weeb cunt
>>
>>37433191
>Is this supposed to be impressive?
No, he's just saying he has a back up. Which is good because with a backup he has no reason to no go ahead with this
>>
Honestly, I don't see why any American wouldn't want to move to Europe:
>Almost everyone speaks English
>Very welcoming of foreigners
>God-tier culture and food
>Socialist heaven
>Easy to get a visa or even the double nationality
>More beta acceptance
>Japanese culture is seen as cool
>Lower crimes rates and best living conditions in the world
Aside from the culture thing, Japan is shit-tier compared to Yurop.
>inb4 muh muslims
>>
Sorry to break your bubble, but while living in japan might be a possible reality, Japanese people take ages to recognise someone as no longer a foreigner. Meaning you could live there for 30 years and still people would call you a foreigner.

If you genuinely want to live in japan either way, go for it, but just know that Japan is very different from anime.

Sorry for the sad reply, but I just want to save a brother from inevitable dissapointment... even I had dreams of living in Japan once
>>
>>37444826

Muslims
Muslims everywhere

Where I live it is still fine but lots and lots of places all around europe are fucking shit right now

If you go to Europe anyway, pick out a middle class home at least, or an appartment in better of parts in town. That way you might be fine
>>
>>37444892
Honestly, for living in of the countries "infected" by muslims, I barely meet any, and all of them turned out to be completely fine: they couldn't even speak a word in arabic, are not practicing their religion and have stable jobs.
Unless you go in the middle of a """refugee""" camp, there's no safer place on the world.
>>
>>37428597
hey OP i know it's too late but I was like you
>took japanese for ~3yrs
>had hopes of teaching english etc
Trust me don't waste your time with that language. Learning japanese will get you into Japan, and Guam. That's it.
You will spend years of your life learning a language that it only useful in that country.

Do yourself a favor and learn a language that is international, like
>Russian (Russia, all of Asia minor, parts of China, Mongolia, etc)
>French (France, Belgium, parts of Africa, West Indies)
>or even Spanish (half the fucking globe)
compared to
>Japanese (Japan, Guam, maybe China/Korea if you want to get your ass kicked)

Drop the yellow-fever, trust me. Asia isn't like your animes
>>
>>37444826
desu I'd like to move to Germany in a few years, once some of my denbts are paid off.
>>
>>37444955
germany is not the comfiest of all, but is still fairly active, and is a fairly good choice. Plus, German is spoken in quite a lot of other places in the world, so it's a nice plus.
>>
Going back to my therapist. Hopefully I can figure some shit out.
I'm also coding an idle game right now. So that's cool, I guess.
>>
>>37443779
>So what you're saying here, is you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

No, i'm just saying it's virtually impossible to understand the japanese mindset from reading a post on 4chan

like learning Calculus, it takes months and years of time

nice try though
>>
>>37428597
I recently started to code using online resources.

I'm highly unlikely to become a professional but it adds some excitement into my gray and dreary life.
>>
>just took the mcat so hopefully presuming i didn't mess up I should be done forever with that.
>cute asian girl and i are living in the same frat house this summer and i think i have a chance of smashing
>my classes senior year are lighter so i can enjoy myself

we are all going to make it /r9k/
>>
>>37446258
what kind of asian girl?

this japanese girl messages me on LINE every now and then. about 40% of her messages consist of baby seals. i'm not joking. pic related.
>>
>>37446338
>A girl legitimately trying to be cute

She's a keeper, anon.
>>
>>37428597
sounds like every weeb ever.
>>
>>37446338
she seems adorable.

I tend to have the most luck with Chinese girls since i hang out in the library so often that I meet a lot of internationals.

This girl happens to be chinese.

Btw your girl seems adorable (also saying she uses Line and is Japanese is redundant)
>>
>>37446367
>She's a keeper

not really. she is cute and if her dream was to stay in japan she might be a legitimate partner for me. however, her dream is to move to america, and my dream is to leave america, so, yeah... i'll help her come to america and pass the TOEIC, but...it's sad, really.
>>
>>37446453
>not really. she is cute and if her dream was to stay in japan she might be a legitimate partner for me. however, her dream is to move to america, and my dream is to leave america, so, yeah... i'll help her come to america and pass the TOEIC, but...it's sad, really.

be a really bad teacher so she fucks it up and then offer to help her more when your in japan. Then just never get around to it or do it after you had sex and get sick of her
>>
>>37446417
>I tend to have the most luck with Chinese girls since i hang out in the library so often that I meet a lot of internationals.

Nice. Tell me about her, is she traditional chinese, modern?

You speak mandarin or simplified?
>>
>>37446491
>be a really bad teacher so she fucks it up and then offer to help her more when your in japan

I already accidently did this once already. I don't want to do it on purpose again.

America is one of the hardest countries in the planet to move to, seriously, googlle "hardest countries to get visa" and america is in the top 5. there's a legitimate chance she won't be able to make it. however, i want her to make it.

I'm not going to allow any friend of mine to not reach their dreams. That's against the law.
>>
I dunno about Japan because i havent been there in person yet but becoming an expat in asia seems the most likely future for me
>>
>>37446511
she's american she was a friend of an international friend of mine. Though historically i sleep with almost exclusively international girls.

She speaks traditional Chinese I think I don't speak any so I'm not sure.

I don't connect with girls through my love of their culture to be honest I'm quite ignorant on that topic. I connect with them by the fact we are the only people that regularly pull all nighters in the library to be at the top of our class.

I have insane yellow fever but it's just looks based which I suppose is shallow.
>>
>>37446688
I see. So you like the girl, you just don't give a shit about her culture.

That's fine, she's already american anyway, right? At least you have a lot less work on your plate.

I hope it works out for you anon. I'm off to work, if this thread is stll alive in 6 hours i shall return.
>>
>>37431790
Wow anon, nice goals, Keep it up, proud of you
>>
>>37440436
>Moving to Japan is OK if you genuinely want to become an English teacher, but don't listen to these guys if you're aiming for the move to magically solve all your social and personality problems. These are something that you can only solve by changing yourself.
It literally did for me. I got my first job, and made mad bucks. It was a live in job, so I made friends, and got used to doing normie stuff like going to bars and drinking, and feeling loved n shit. Then when I moved to Tokyo I was able to leverage all the stuff I learned and learned how to make friends on my own, how to approach girls, how to apply, interview, and get your jobs. It was literally a miracle cure for my autism.
>>
File: comfy2.gif (616KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
comfy2.gif
616KB, 500x697px
>>37428597
I would like to become a Paleontologist, and on the side create a gun company; I have the plans for everything, and it seems pretty good.

All I have to do is not fail
>>
File: 10-90_poitou_01_197.jpg (205KB, 1111x754px) Image search: [Google]
10-90_poitou_01_197.jpg
205KB, 1111x754px
I plan on becoming a name in the historian community, especially about WWII and military equipment. I've been thoroughly studying this topic for the past decade and got into a renown school in France, which will probably allow me to become Historian myself. Then, it's just a matter of acquiring knowledge, and probably start doing presentations. I've already trained quite a lot when it comes to these, and currently work on a Youtube channel where I discuss such topics.
So I'm quite hopeful overall when it comes to my personal situations. I still have lots of things I worry about, but the time ahead of me doesn't look so grim.
>>
>>37428597
There's no hope for me. I feel weary just thinking about my immediate future. My current job pays too little but even if I were to change it I don't know what the fuck to do anymore. How funny it would be if I don't end up with a better job anyway. I'm tempted to resign myself to min wage and call it a life because it's increasingly likely that I'm not capable of doing any better than that.
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.