[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move to a big city from a small town? This madness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0036.jpg (204KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
204KB, 900x675px
How do I move to a big city from a small town? This madness has to stop.
>>
Have a lot of money.

Mentally prepare yourself for living in a closet for a few years.

Get used to being dirt poor.
>>
>>37426471
Why ask a question that you already know the answer to?
>>
>>37426499
I'm already dirt poor as long as my quality of life can change I'm ok

I'm so fucking sick of this shit weather
>>
>>37426633
>already dirt poor

Don't expect to move any amount of distance and pay an upwards of 2k+ just to get into a literal shit tier closet of a home and another 1.5k every month just to exist there.
>>
>>37426633
Move 15 minutes out of the big city.
You get most of the convenience of living in the city but with half the rent.

Big thing though is to get some sort of skill or job, a diploma preferably. Mcjobs are even harder to get out in the city.
>>
>>37426471
cities are worse

>tfw no rural american farm life
>>
Move to Chicago. I'm in a decent studio for $500 a Month. I see two bedroom apts for $900 everywhere.
>>
>>37427491
Ok man I was thinking that or Atlanta I can't choose fuck
>>
>>37426471
>falling for memes
Don't
>>
There was another robot who used to post here about the same thing. Basically don't go without a job lined up.

A friend of mine tried to move with about 5-6 grand and stay with me for a bit. After six months, all they could get was a bottom end seasonal server job and most of the cash was gone.

Huge disaster
>>
>>37427824
I don't have college I can't do that
>>
>>37428163
Why do you say you need college for a restaurant job?
>>
>>37426471
This again.

OP you need to make some serious sacrifices rather than shitpost on a Indonesian twink board

>sell everything of value via Craigslist or e-bay
>get a 1 way greyhound ticket to a major midwestern city
>line up a roommate situation before you leave
>find a shit job that hires on the spot
>>
>>37428359
>>find a shit job that hires on the spot
Great. Taking the next bus to fucking Candyland.
>>
>>37428391
I do kinda have luck with jobs sometimes. I apply for a job and start 3 days later.

I'm not autistic like the people here tho
>>
>>37427491
>>>living in chiraq

Yeah i know downtown and the suburbs are not bad but fuck niggers, one wrong exit and ur fucked.
>>
>>37428359
Agreed. The solution to your problem is not easy, but it is simple. Tick tock, anon. How bad do you want this to happen?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.