[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any logical reason to have children? It seems like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: crying-babies.jpg (10KB, 270x240px) Image search: [Google]
crying-babies.jpg
10KB, 270x240px
Is there any logical reason to have children?

It seems like pure terror with virtually no payoff.
>>
File: 1494628855505.jpg (127KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1494628855505.jpg
127KB, 699x485px
Say that again when you are 70 and alone. Millennials have no foresight. I wish every anti-natalist hippie had parents who shared their views.
>>
File: Accessories_ContourCPAPMax.jpg (226KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Accessories_ContourCPAPMax.jpg
226KB, 700x467px
>>37421811
>Say that again when you are 70 and alone
I've been alone for most of my adult life.

I maintain a budget for a tank of nitrogen and a CPAP mask, just in case things go south, like developing Alzheimer's.
>>
>>37421783
It's a choice. If you don't want children, then fine. But if you do want children, the denying yourself the experience would be detrimental to your emotional health.
>>
>>37422254
My girlfriend wants children but I kinda don't.
>>
>>37422298
Well, if you two don't have children, then she'll be less happy. And if you do have children, then you'll be less happy.

If she doesn't trick you by stopping her birth control, or break up with you, or cheat on you, then she'll just get 3 dogs as a way of dealing with unfulfillment.
>>
There's no tangible value to having children. It's just what people want to do on a biological level. All species have the goal to continue their species, if they didn't, the species would end. Thus the vast majority of people want to have children. Considering that every one of your ancestors wanted children (or just had unprotected sex) and you don't, that probably makes you a mutant.
>>
>>37422339
Yeah, we probably will break up over this issue sooner or later, and maybe get back together once she's past 40.
I always provide my own condoms

>>37422414
>the species would end
That's the thing. I see absolutely no problem with humanity ending.
>>
>>37421811
Why would you want to live to 70 in the first place? I'm killing myself around 60 or maybe sooner, depends on when I can't be active anymore.
>>
>>37422494
>I see absolutely no problem with humanity ending.
That just makes you the failed mutant. Failed because your mutant genes will not continue and will cease to exist. All successful species invariably desire the continuation of the species. Unless they're one of those man-made species that sucks at reproducing on it's own.
>>
>>37422541
I've yet to hear a rational, logical reason for why any species should continue to exist, and why anyone should invest energy into its continued existence.
Normie parents usually waive the issue with buzzwords such as "muh love" or "you don't know what you're missing until you have a kid". I assume that's just their hormones talking. They usually also believe in free will instead of hard determinism, the only logical stance for anyone with a minimum of education in physics.
>>
>>37422613
There's no rational. logical reason for anything to exist you nihilist fag.
>>
>>37422613
Like I said earlier.
>There's no tangible value to having children.

The only reason any species exist today is because they all tried to reproduce. If they reproduced they kept the genes that told them to reproduce and if they didn't they died off.

That's why people derive pleasure from sex and virgins are considered losers. It's also why 40 year old ladies get desperate to have kids since it's their last chance. It's why killing children is taboo. It's all biologically imprinted onto people.

All you get for having kids is to feel good about them but so many people have convinced themselves that cannot happen.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.