[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw completely devoid of personality or substance inside

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1450793966519.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1450793966519.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>tfw completely devoid of personality or substance inside so I just mimic people I admire
>>
I couldn't think of a way to describe myself, and you just did it perfectly.
>>
>>37418504
I know that feel. I even mimic other people's typing style/pattern when chatting. I'm an empty vessel
>>
>>37418504
Do imitations of people you admire. imitations =/= mimicing. Then over time you'll develop a personality of your own.
>>
>yfw you realize literally everyone is devoid of personality/substance and are just better at committing to the performance of whatever identity they think they need to perform
>>
>>37418504
Same bit I don't mimic people I admire, I just act in whatever way seems fit for the situation.
>>
>>37418504
People like this are fucking whack
It's funny cause all of 4chan thinks they're american psycho lol get a fucking grip. It's so pathetic.
>>
>>37418779
I want to be someone genuine and authentic like David Lynch or something
>>
File: 1496205676229.jpg (37KB, 502x460px) Image search: [Google]
1496205676229.jpg
37KB, 502x460px
>>37418504
not sure if i mimic them
i just add a layer of normie LARPing so i look like i give 2 fucks about anything at all and/or have something to discern me from a fucking door
>>
>>37418833
david lynch created the person of "david lynch" as an amalgam of other people who he admired or from whom he learned.

the david lynch that you see today is a guy who's just performing the identity of "david lynch"

literally everyone does this.

to whatever extent david lynch was really an innovative director (not really sure he was, but whatever), that innovation was the product of the "david lynch" identity, which has been constructed in a way that is conducive to artistic creativity. basically, he patterned himself and his thinking around creative people, so yeah of course he's creative.

let go of the idea that "genuine" or "authentic" people exist.
people who seem that way seem that way because they are very good at performing authenticity.

the reason why people form identities is because without them, we are all "devoid of personality or substance inside"
>>
>>37419999
you sound like a fucking sociopath

this is how unhinged you are. jesus.
>>
What's wrong with emulating people you find impressive? Do you think personality is just generated from nothing? Its a combination of traits that you like (at least, in a perfect world).

You're fine anon. Everyone does it, and for good reason.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.