[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At it's core, what is the purpose of your life, robots?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: e1e2426fe491e007e604c6286ebb5571.png (849KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
e1e2426fe491e007e604c6286ebb5571.png
849KB, 1024x640px
At it's core, what is the purpose of your life, robots? If you distill every action you carry out daily to having one motivator, what would that be?

For some of you that may be happiness. You do certain hobbies because they make you happy. You strive to better yourself so that you can get a GF that will make you happier. And so on. Some people may have other reasons for living the way they are.

What I'm suspecting, however, is that most of these reasons are going to be based on some sort of emotion. Happiness, fulfillment, accomplishment, momentary pleasure, etc. My question is, do you think your actions are congruent with what you believe to be your purpose of living? Throughout life, are you implementing the most efficient method of achieving your goals?

I speculate that is not the case. At least, I believe I'm doing things in an utterly roundabout way, following a path that leads to a different outcome than what I truly desire. I'm curious if there are others that do this, and how you deal with it.
>>
>>37418328
Just shut up, holy shit. You talk too much.
>>
Could someone give me some paypal money? I'm a sad sack of shit.

[email protected]
>>
>>37418328
>At it's core, what is the purpose of your life, robots?
To get through the day with minimal suffering
Considering kms desu
>>
fucking reddit spacing
>>
>>37418328
in no particular order
>fear of death
>having child and hopefully not fucking it up
>not being a piece of shit for the sake of the people close to me
>(hopefully) improving the world if I can
>>
It is a mistake to assume our lives to have purpose. We did not will ourselves into existence, but were rather brought here by organic chemistry on the surface of this planet and the forces of selection acting upon said chemistry for aeons. The purpose of this phenomena is unknown, it is merely an endless amount of iterations of the fundamental laws of the universe acting upon matter.
>>
>>37418413
Assuming you employ a similar lifestyle to most people on this board, that reason at least makes sense.

>>37418425
Great meme, my friend. It's better than having it all in one big clump, I reckon.

>>37418428
What's at the bottom of all these reasons, the more fundamental, basic purpose? It seems to me that these are higher-level, short of the fear of death, maybe.

>>37418495
I don't believe there is any one "right" purpose to life, yes, but I think it's logical to have a personal purpose that you strive towards--even if it's something like passing time in the least boring way until you die. After all, if you can't find a purpose like that, shouldn't you kill yourself? You said it yourself, we were brought here against our will, so I don't think it's bad if we choose to cease existing.
>>
>>37418328
I don't know desu I'm a 32 year old virgin who has never had gf. I've tried yet failed at everything my whole life. All I do now is just hold on to that slim 1% chance that maybe I can some day succeed and get a career/gf/friends like a normal person and so on
>>
Unfortunately you can't just stop thinking and die
>>
>>37418328
Here's a summary for anyone who tl;dr
>Are you doing things that will result in you achieving your purpose in life?

I am not, but I can't do what I need to do. My purpose in life is to find a girl who would be willing to spend time with me, but I eat way too much to ever be attractive and I am way too much of a beta to talk to girls.
>>
>>37418672
Activities that are pleasurable to humans make life worth living. Social interaction with friends, sex, love, food et cetera. Humans enjoy the same activities other mammals do, all have been selected for during evolution for our species to prosper in competition with other variants. We incels lack access to basic human fulfillment. At least food and entertaining distractions are available.
>>
>>37418794
Why not just daydream about having friends, sex, love, etc.? It provides you with the same emotions at a moment's notice, and with much less effort than trying to attain these things in real life. I suppose you can't do the same for food, but as you said, for most people in first world countries, at least that one doesn't pose issues.
>>
>>37419038
>Why not just daydream about having friends, sex, love, etc.?

I take it you've never had any of those things then
>>
>>37419066
You would be correct. Maybe it's a blessing, since I don't feel like I'm missing much.
>>
>>37419171
I felt the same way when I was younger, it's the kind of thing that you have to do yourself to truly understand.
>>
>>37419201
>>37419066
Another anon hijacked the conversational thread.
>>
>>37419038
Because it stops substituting for the real thing eventually.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.