[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>too dumb to get into university >not skilled enough for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1496111971114.jpg (27KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1496111971114.jpg
27KB, 400x388px
>too dumb to get into university
>not skilled enough for a trade
>not passionate about anything but history which can't get me a career
Now what?
>>
>>37415591
>complaining about being passionate about something
sure it won't get you a job but you at least have something that you enjoy doing. there are tons of media to consume and multiple communities to join to talk about your passion. desu i envy people like you.
>>
>>37415591
You should get a career teaching history. If millions of retards can get through our education system so can you!

Have faith, anon. You can make it if you try.
>>
>>37415591
You could get a job working a library. Would you like that? Or you could work at an antique shop. You could appraise antiques.
>>
>>37415591
>Studying history
Fuck i feel you brother, i'm in the same pit

>Too dumb for good college
>Too dumb and lazy to learn anything new
>Too old for the army
>Stuck in dead end career that pays nothing and it stressful
>>
>>37415926
i teach history (well, social studies, but... yeah, history) in a public high school in the us.

it is incredibly difficult to imagine how someone could arrive at the job without a university education. the only thing i can think of is really shitty districts where coaches can get conscripted into teaching classes. but, you know, i don't get the sense OP loves coaching football either...

also, teaching history (especially to younger kids--obviously there are zero 'history teaching' jobs if you go past high school) involves an incredibly small amount of actual passion for the subject. you don't get hired because you love history, you get hired because your teaching resume/portfolio/references paint you as the kind of guy who's going to satisfy all the stupid district requirements, who's going to implement whatever clunky and dysfunctional strategies they insist on, and who's going to avoid fucking the kids. if you go into an interview and say, like, "i love history!" they will say "okay, please demonstrate to us that you can teach it." you have to have in-depth knowledge of all the 40000 pedagogy buzzwords and acronyms ("how would you incorporate PBIS into your strategies for culturally sensitive and responsive instruction?")

i'm not saying there aren't complete idiots who somehow have this job, but they also went to college and got certified by the state, which OP seems incapable of doing.

in the real world, potential (i.e. interest, passion, and so on) is meaningless. ability is what matters.
>>
>not skilled enough for a trade
Dude, being an apprentice trademan is about BUILDING your skills. I didn't know fuck all about machining a year ago but now I'm good. You also get paid to learn and are expected to fuck up, so not fucking up is a good feeling. Try whatever material you feel comfortable working with. Eg I hate working with wood but love metal
>>
>>37416113
He's fucked regardless because trades are oversaturated as fuck these days since everyone is deciding to drop out of college at the same time and scramble for those trade jobs.
>>
>>37416113
if you are still here anon how do I get into machining if I don't have too much time during the week?
>>
>>37415926
Getting a job in teaching is incredibly hard. So much competition.
>>
>>37416113
>tfw no trade apprenticeships whatsoever in my area

I'd actually be interested in machining but there simply aren't any apprenticeships for it here and the local college doesn't even offer any classes whatsoever in that realm.

Not OP, just another guy with similar feels to OP.
>>
>>37417156
An apprenticeship is a full time job, but there are night classes for machining. They can give you a foot in the door. While it is hard to find apprenticeships, they are almost guaranteed work for 4 years. Check your nearest trade school,
>>
>>37415591
I know someone with that exact problem

No solution but the same problem
>>
>>37417161
Depends on the subject

Math, Physics, and Chemistry teachers are in high demand. English and History not so much
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.