[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you studying? >tfw my Japanese will always

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1496096548993.jpg (161KB, 1705x985px) Image search: [Google]
1496096548993.jpg
161KB, 1705x985px
What are you studying?

>tfw my Japanese will always be Ken Sama tier
>>
>>37411782
>learning Japanese on duolingo so he can watch undubbed anime is "studying"
Everything about /r9K/ is so second rate.
>>
>>37411782
CompSci, so algorithms and math.

I thought it would be programming and computers. Oops.
>>
>>37411782
I'm improving some search functions of Google Scholar.
>>
"useless" stuff

French
Mandarin
History
Piano

The only "useful" thing I'm studying would be accounting and math.
>>
>>37411782
Biology at the uni, music theory/playing guitar, drawing, 3D modelling and making vidya jems on the side
>>
>>37411830
It is studying, and is probably more intellectually rigorous than what the average person does. But I know everyone on /r9k/ is some kind of oracle withdrawn from society
>>
>>37411830
>it's not real studying unless you go into $100,000 dollars of debt and take worthless exams
>>
i'm being put on a new machine at work tomorrow

i'm happy because it's a union job and if the company wanted they could call the union and get someone already trained but they'd rather train me
>>
>>37411966
What kinds of games do you want to make? I'm a pretty reasonable programmer and have 1 game released on steam and was hoping to partner with a few people for the next one. Specifically looking for a 3D artist.
>>
Accounting. It's pretty cool beans. Less niggers and faggots. Plus hardly anyone in my school is studying accounting. Every theatre class is full for fall and not one accounting class is even near full. Moarjobsforme.
>>
Is it worth getting into E Guitars?

I already know how to play Flute and Saxophone, is a guitar that much more complicated?
>>
>>37412002
4 year compsci with ~$40k in loans, not graduated yet and already have 3 job offers, all for 60k/year+. One was 85k but I would have to move for that, don't know if that's what I'm into.
>>
Is guitar practicing study? I also learned some german a while ago but have stopped due to uni and can feel the things I knew being drained away. Would like to watch something in german to not forget everything. I'm studying medicine in uni but I wish I made a bit more effort on that and didn't waste so much time on 4chan, though I'm much less anxious about not being a good doc than I was some years ago.

>>37411830
Are the moonrunes available on duolingo now? I'd like to try it out
>>
>>37412058
>flute
What kind of man learns to play the flute. It's like your gently blowing on a metallic phallus.
>>
>>37412043
I'm making an FPS right now, got some idea for a physics based puzzle game I'll make after and then I'll see.
So no I'm not really looking for someone to work with. Despite having no experience whatsoever

>>37412058
Electric guitar is super easy.
>>
>>37412043
I am not that guy, but I want to know if you think that making little games to release on steam is profitable
>>
File: 1485949973172.png (796KB, 1023x765px) Image search: [Google]
1485949973172.png
796KB, 1023x765px
>>37412059
>lying on the internet

I can smell your piss soaked basement from here.
>>
>>37412092
I learned it as a kid for several years
Obviously I stopped since I see no use in it.

>>37412111
Where should I start, at which price point do they not sound horrible?
>>
>>37412127
I'm definitely not lying, do some googling, compsci grads usually start at ~55k. If you are willing to move getting 75k+ isn't unreasonable. One of the guys I went to school with started at Microsoft for 105k and even got a signing bonus, but that definitely isn't super common.
>>
>>37412118
Not if they're shit games. Mine made about $10k last year, but then it's my first game and still in early access...
>>
>>37412161
$300 is the bare minimum price I'd put in a guitar, because it puts you outside of the chink shit zone (except for Squiers iirc). Don't even think about buying any chink guitar, they're all shit.
So most stuff from $300 to $600 are indonesian made, which is really decent despite snobs snobbing them out. Save for Fenders in that price range which are made in mexico. But same deal, pretty decent guitars.
Past $600 you're mostly getting some good/great guitars.

It's not perfectly defined though, sometimes the quality control can slip and an absolutely horrible guitar can still be sold, so make sure you play the thing before you buy it.
Also try various things, neck width and radius is a matter of preference.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.