[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so fucking hard to find a job nowadays? I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17

File: 1493403641560.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493403641560.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
Why is it so fucking hard to find a job nowadays?

I've applied to over 20 minimum wage jobs near me a week ago and not ONE has called me back.
>>
>>37408058
Because they will rather hire cheap Indian and other immigrant labor.
>>
File: 1493067343663.png (501KB, 665x445px) Image search: [Google]
1493067343663.png
501KB, 665x445px
Someone called me out of the blue and offered me a job.
The call literally went like:
>Hey, you want a job?
>''Sure.''
>Great, see ya monday.

This happened more than once.
>>
File: 1496215996655.jpg (125KB, 540x796px) Image search: [Google]
1496215996655.jpg
125KB, 540x796px
>>37408058
I applied to 3 call center jobs a couple of days ago and haven't heard back yet, and I've already decided that I don't want to work in a call center anymore from reading horror stories online, so I hope they don't call me. You would think that call centers would literally take anybody since they have a higher turnover rate than McDonald's, but I guess I'm finding out that that's not the case. They only want turbo normies who are mega extroverts to apply.

There are only a few options left for me. Busser at a restaurant, bagboy at the grocery store I used to work at, or literally work at McD's or the Taco Bell down the street. I want off this fucking ride senpai
>>
File: 1494455598197.jpg (3KB, 107x124px) Image search: [Google]
1494455598197.jpg
3KB, 107x124px
>Not technically autistic but have autism-tier sensory sensitivity
>Can't work fast food jobs because the smells overwhelm me and make me perpetually feel like I'm going to vomit
>All of the other jobs in my area require either social skills or experience
>>
immigrants steal all the jobs, bring back hitler already
>>
>>37408058
Apply to 100.
>>
>>37408058
>>37408093
>>37408772

In my country no one hires men, even bus drivers are women, if you are a dude enjoy working in construction.
>>
>>37408503
I work in a call centre. You do not, I repeat, you DO NOT want to work in one.
If a ladder is the corporate hierarchy, call centre employees are the shit on the floor.
>>
>>37408058
try applying to medium wage jobs
>>
File: aLN2pZB.jpg (79KB, 775x976px) Image search: [Google]
aLN2pZB.jpg
79KB, 775x976px
>>37408888
Those quads.
erog
>>
>>37408888

what's so bad about it

original
>>
>>37408872

Swedenbro?
>>
>>37408990
Poortugal

how the fuck was just writing Swedenbro a original post?
>>
>>37408058
try living in serbia, there are even NO minimum wage jobs, either careers or freelancing/selling shit
>>
>>37408772
When americans get fucked by jews and then blame immigrants.
>>
File: retail.png (51KB, 1696x316px) Image search: [Google]
retail.png
51KB, 1696x316px
>>37408058
same here op

pic related

also applied to 5 campus positions, staples jobs, mcdicks, sonic and some chink place all minimum wage, oh and dishwasher at cicis.

fuck living in NC.
>>
File: 1487290992240.jpg (90KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1487290992240.jpg
90KB, 1106x1012px
>Apply to territory manager jobs
>Get an interview
>Doing phone interview
>HR describes the job
>Territory is literally a home Depot in a not so busy area
>Ask HR why it's called a territory manager position when it's only one store
>Says it's a new territory and will expand
>It's fucking San Diego
>>
>>37409303
I live in upstate NY. It's absolute hell for jobs.
>>
>>37408058
Because you and every other bumblefuck and their mother and father and little brother and all the mothefuckers from the window to the walls to the hole in paris where the men can see it all ALL want that same fucking minimum wage job because unskilled labor is a diamond dozen.
>>
>>37409330
>>37409303
my friend in MD where i used to live untill i moved here for school, just walks in and gets a n interview on the spot. He had no experience like me and goes to community college and he got his first job with literally zero effort.
>>
>>37409330
at least its not western new york..
>>
File: IMG_0245.jpg (144KB, 1676x954px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0245.jpg
144KB, 1676x954px
>living in bay area
>look up 10$ fast food jobs
>ten years food industry expirience pls upload 10 page resume also how many times have you saved the world?

i just doordash with my moms car now
>>
>only options are fast food shit jobs

>have severe social anxiety that leads to sperg outs

>anxiety getting so bad that i've even cut all of my friends off and don't leave my room until everyone is asleep

being a NEET is preferable to being a wagecuck for someone like me
>>
File: 1387945.gif (997KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1387945.gif
997KB, 500x282px
>signed up for 4 jobs yesterday
>1 already sent me a deny letter
>signed up for 2 jobs today
>waiting for the no calls and deny letters
Job hunting is really shit. I had a job for 2 years, but left it for another one. I got fired after a month for being slow, so I became NEET again. My last job was shit, so I really don't want to go back.
For all of you thinking of quitting and living the neet life. Just remember that the job market is abysmal, so don't expect to be hired again for at least a year or more. Just deal with it as long as possible.

>>37408888
Call centers really are shit. I had a family member work at one. She quit after her 3rd day because she said she was tired of getting yelled at all the time by people.
My social skills are shit, so I definitely wouldn't be able to handle that kind of job.
>>
File: 1493853291072.jpg (103KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
1493853291072.jpg
103KB, 640x462px
>>37408872
lol hungary too.it seems like woman are too "equal" to us to do hard-labour work.
>>
>>37408946
>what's so bad about it
Not him, but I've worked in one too. The worst parts of it are:

>throat hurts from walking all day
>have to make a certain # of calls per hour and you get in trouble for not hitting your quota (often it's not your fault though, sometimes you just have really long calls that are out of your control, and it's not like you can just put the phone down)
>timed bathroom breaks, get in trouble for being 2 minutes over or taking too many breaks
>cannot clock out before exactly 5:30pm, otherwise you get in trouble (i got a formal warning for clocking out at 5:29pm and 5:28pm two days in a row) - what this essentially means is that around 5:26-ish pm, everyone starts crowding around the sign out thingys (it's a computer mounted to a wall where you punch in your wagie # and click sign in/out), but no one can do anything other than stare at the clock until it's exactly 5:30pm
>insane turnover of staff means that if you stay there for a few months, you will almost certainly be one of the most experienced people there, which means people will ask you all sorts of shit you have no idea about and managers will lean on you to provide support
>everyone is always fucking sick, so more work for you (no seriously, count on 10-20% of the office being off sick on a regular day)

Also, you spend your entire day getting yelled at and complained to, but having to suck it up and act happy. It wears you down man, I'm telling you. It really sucks the life out of you.
>>
>>37409690
>>throat hurts from walking all day
It's probably obviously, but I meant talking*
>>
File: betty.jpg (122KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
betty.jpg
122KB, 1080x1349px
>>37408058
>hes only applied to 20 in a week

are u even trying? if you arent applying to atleast 10 a day then you really have no room to complain.
>>
>>37409800
i remember a few years back when doing this. i probably gave up at the 1000th

being unemployed leeching off family for 5 years now.

t. mechanical engineer neet
>>
>send my CV to some outsourcing companies
>all they offer me call center jobs with 1-2 hours commute

what the fuck
>>
>>37408503
>tfw aplied for McD's, Burger King, Taco Bell, and Wendy's
>only got an interview at BK and they never called back
Am I doomed?
>>
If you cant get a job you're not trying hard enough. I Literally walk into interviews. Albeit i have experience working at several places but i usually only put one on a application because im lazy and dont feel like typing.

Jobs above minimum wage thats always hiring (You'll have to work long hours though but the pay sort of makes up for it and will get you by just enough if you dont have a degree or Manager experience):
>Amazon Fufillment the perfect job for robots dont have to talk to anyone if you don't want to, Work is incredibly easy but long. Keep up your rates and they will pay you better than most. Hard to move up the ladder if you dont have a degree but if you do can walk into a manager position with little to no experience and be above 90% of everyone else in the building)
>UPS
long hours, still easy, all you do is throw boxes all over the place, pay is a little less than amazon still over minimum wage
>Walmart or Target
Virtually identical, Apply for a logistics position and work is identical to Amazon, if you're unlucky you get a sales floor spot. Not too hard just have to deal with people asking where shit is and keeping the floors clean.

Below:
>Any Fast food chain
I'd say dont apply if youre unable to have basic communications with people. Very team based but can get away with being a Robot if you atleast can get on some sort of personal basis with your coworkers around you. Usually if im looking for something like this i apply to Mom and pop restaurants first. Ones independantly owned in your city. You usually get minimum wage but the people who eat there usually are always coming back because it isnt McDonalds or Jimmy Johns it feels real to them and they will tip well. If you cant score one of these go for your normal Fast food place. Will get treated like shit because no one really wants to be there but there seems to be a pressure around the country to raise minimum wage for these workers because everyone knows whats up. Cons: no tips
>>
>>37408872
>In my country no one hires men, even bus drivers are women
Same here. Literally every job ad says "FEMALE [position] WANTED". Women here are mad about this because they say it's because they get payed less
>0 is more than less
>>
>>37409552
>4
Real talk here. Either you're ignorant of this fact or you don't actually want to succeed but 20-30+ applications is standard for even having a chance.
>>
ill give my 2 cents

there are websites that affiliate themselves with different companies. you just send your CV to their website, it gets examined by some HR person and from there it gets sent to the multiple companies.
you are gonna get shit offers, but if you accept anything at this point then it shouldn't bother you. NEETS with car license have a big advantage over those that don't.

if you want to avoid the shit jobs. learn a trade online like programming for unity or UI/UIX and then just send your portfolio out to companies that you think are good.
>>
>>37409888
fuck is that what I have to look forward to after graduating? that and debt I guess
>>
>>37409969
You literally have to be a crackhead not to get a job working at Amazon, and even then ive seen them slip through the cracks

Always of these are almost guarantedd if you go into the interview like you already have the job. Interviewers always ask the same fucking questions and if you get to the interview and dont get the job they probably thought you were too autistic to work there. Because the before the interview they already have a hunch that theyre hiring you. they dont bring you in otherwise its just a waste of their time. Something you said mustve turned them off. Answer questions confidently and Lie your fucking ass off. they dont know if youre really telling the truth and wont check for it either.

Common questions:
>So why do you want this Job
>Tell me about a time you were in a stressful situation and had to overcome it
>Have you ever had to take charge and lead a team
>What will your past coworkers or shcoolmates say is your one weakness

If you can answers these without stumbling (prepare your lies) you can answer most other questions. Dont have work experience? Talk about that time you had to work in a group project in school. lie and say everyone was lazy so i had to step up. Shit like this always works
>>
>>37409888
>t. mechanical engineer neet
wut?
>>
>>37408058
Having the job itself is fucking stressful, I was just recently thrown into a higher level department with less than to days of training, I was so fucking comfortable in my department, I went from thinking I was worth absolutely nothing to being the best in my department, I got a literal kick in balls as a reward of course, my boss jokingly told me to "deal with it", she has this wierd thing where she think's I'm arrogant or something, I barely speak for fuck sake, this is the type of job where you get totally fucked if you commit the even smallest mistake, the problem here is that I have no fucking clue what is what, I can commit a mistake for doing and not doing something and I have no Idea what it is that I'm doing, there was no training involved, the two people that trained me were more interested in moaning and yelling at me for not knowing what to do when they were supposed to teach me first, my head hurts, I don't know what to do, I don't want to be embarrassed in front of everyone, I don't want to be treated like a bag of shit anymore, I can't quit, my dad wants to throw me out, I'm only 19, I didn't finish high-school because of autism and my depression, I live in a horrible country where everything is slowly falling apart.
>>
To think I used to feel bad about getting my NEETbux. Makes me laugh just remembering it.

Society has fucked me over in so many ways. I'm glad I can leech on their cash.

Fucking corporations making millions will never hire me, outsource their jobs to third world shitholes, and never pay their tax.

And yet I should feel guilty about a few pounds in NEETbux?????

AHAHAHA
>>
File: 1496092833611.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496092833611.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>37408058
tfw youre only 2nd semester and already got 2 full time job offers from 45-75k
>>
>>37410247
>I live in a horrible country where everything is slowly falling apart.

What country is that?
>>
>>37410247
> I can't quit
you have to. the stress will drive you mad eventually
>>
>>37410301
Probably the U.S.
>>
File: 1496123056744.png (142KB, 600x842px) Image search: [Google]
1496123056744.png
142KB, 600x842px
>>37410301
to be honest in todays world every country is either falling apart or already fallen apart.
>>
>>37409303
>Living in NC
>Currently looking for a job
I-It's not all this h-hard is it?
>>
>>37408058
>mfw i've literally never not gotten a call back
>mfw I've literally never not been offered a job after interviewing

being an intelligent, tall, attractive white male does have its advantages.
>>
File: IMG_2542.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2542.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
>>37411368
No, it is.

Oregano
>>
>>37411368
>>37409303

idk man i live in Greenville it might be better if you live in the city or something.
>>
File: pepe serious.jpg (839KB, 2200x2800px) Image search: [Google]
pepe serious.jpg
839KB, 2200x2800px
>apply at a skate rink
>they email me back for an interview
>too scared to go
>>
we're at a crash. i got into a car accident i need to find a job too. the place i was working at is at a higher freeze. it looks like im going back to working retail. i hated that job. it went good for a while until it was time for when people from high school started getting older marrying people.
>>
>>37412107
I live in greensboro, yall got me scared now.
>>
>>37408058
I see these threads all the time and thought you guys were full of shit.
But after trying to look for jobs myself, I know now you weren't fucking around.
The memes are real.
>>
>>37409353
>diamond dozen
HAHAHAHAHAHA holy fuck i actually laughed pretty hard at that.
>>
>>37410301
Holy American Empire of course
>>
>>37409283
He literally said "bring back hitler".
>>
File: 1490602038545.jpg (34KB, 526x658px) Image search: [Google]
1490602038545.jpg
34KB, 526x658px
>>37408058
i applied for 50 jobs and had only 3 interviews
and out of those interviews only rejections
>>
>>37408058

>apply to 3 places last year
>get a call back from all 3

>apply to 5 places this year
>hear back from none

It's all timing, man. Try again before school is out and you'll have better luck
>>
>>37409727
>throat hurts from walking all day
i dont know why this is so funny kek.
>>
>>37409888
fk i know this feel all too well
>Graduate accounting 1 yr ago
> applied to over 500 jobs during the 1 yr and attend multiple job fairs and workshops
>3 interviews w/ only one being relevant to my filed (the other 2 where door to door salesman jobs so fk that)
>almost got the job but then the company started to have financial difficulties and I was "fired" before I was hired
>started sending our resumes to every min.wage job for 3 months only 1 interview and got the job
any robots know if overnight grocery stocker is comfy
>>
Minimum wage is sort of the company's way of blatantly telling you, "I don't think you're worth anything. I'd pay you less, but the government won't let me."
So you can't afford to be all nice and tidy when you go in for an interview. You've got to be their bitch. You've got to drop all pride and grovel. You've got to imply that you'll do anything to get this 'position,' if ya catch my drift.

I sucked a dick in high school to get a min. wage job and it worked.
>>
I got a factory job a few weeks ago. It's 95% immigrants. I barely understand any of them and all they do is yell and shout at each all day. My Boss is illiterate and I have to help him spell simple words on forms.

Its fucking awful but at least its justified my racism
>>
>download a clean looking resume template online and update yours
>stretch the truth and bullshit, but make sure you can back it up
>call them in person instead of applying online, ask to come in for an interview in person
>if you have applied and heard nothing, keep pestering them until you hear a flat out no
>>
>>37410065
You act like I can sign up for each and every job posted every day. I can only sign up for jobs that is within my job experience, or doesn't require experience or diploma.
Plus I signed up for everything. So I'm literally signing up for everything posted today and onward. Which isn't much.

So even having 20-30+ to sign up for sounds like a dream. I don't know what bustling state/city you live in, but I definitely don't even have remotely that many to sign up for.
>>
Ive been turned down from walmart, target, mcdonalds, shit factories, landscaping, office admin, IT and several others and thats just this week. I even have 8 years of work experience and a 2 year degree. I heard US is only experiencing .7% growth right now and it sure feels that way to me.
>>
>>37413744
I've heard it is, go to the gym and do lots of overhead presses before you start though and if they let you listen to music get a good playlist together
>>
>>37413744
Wtf, what was your GPA? I graduated with an accounting degree with a 3.5 and got like 10 job offers. I was able to be a shit and negotiate a higher pay because of it
>>
>>37415141
Did you go to a well known national University? I have friends who went to regional schools who had a hard time getting interviews
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.