[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you're never gonna be able to make money off of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1496024600692.jpg (100KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
1496024600692.jpg
100KB, 500x458px
>tfw you're never gonna be able to make money off of your rap beats

Feels bad
>>
Do you have soundcloud or bandcamp?

When I shower I freestyle rap and it's always terrible.
>>
>>37406925
Yes I do

I've got a sc
>>
I made 30 for 2 beats once, its possible

also made a few other small deals
>>
>>37407904
That's pretty cool, how'd you make it happen? Was it just by chance?
>>
>>37408201

I would post new songs in sc threads on mu regularly, gained about 200 followers, one of them wanted my beats.
>>
>>37408236
Not him but yeah i post there every now and then and yeah I gained a few followers, my soundcloud is
https://soundcloud.com/occharacter/
Do I have potential at all? I think my beats are OK but they need work.
>>
>>37408459

You're not bad but the market is so saturated, you're gonna have to put in extra work to fly over all these mid tier producers because its so easy to make a decent beat nowadays.
>>
>>37408873
You're absolutely right. I was thinking on expanding my bass and using unconventional instruments more instead of the same shit. Any criticisms outside of that? Any tips?
>>
>>37408873
Btw how would I vary my bass like the song Both Eyes Closed by gucci mane? Metro did such a good job with the bass.
>>
File: childish-gambino-press-2013-650.jpg (46KB, 636x421px) Image search: [Google]
childish-gambino-press-2013-650.jpg
46KB, 636x421px
You can make money. But need to learn marketing. For example if you only post your beats on soundcloud and 4Chan that's a problem. Get to know local artist, get off the internet sometimes. Network. Take a local artist to lunch and show your craft/learn about their goals. To many producers just post songs and never get royalties. You could even freelance and record local artists. After that up sell beats/promo. For online look into YouTube ads, a rap contest or giveaway. Make tutorial videos. Etc. And yes you should find own style. Even if you do trap beats twist them with ethnic percussion or sounds. Neptunes are good example of this. Another thing is use live instruments at some point.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.