[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello my fellow robots. I wanted to share a video with you t

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 48884.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
48884.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Hello my fellow robots. I wanted to share a video with you that resonated very strongly with me. Please watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1mTELoj6o

How accurately does this describe your life? I follow all 7 steps, and after watching the video in such a context it has inspired me to make a change in my NEET way of life.

How does it make you feel /r9k/? Will you NEETs make a change, or are you content in your misery?
>>
The trying to purse happiness directly part is something I find myself doing a lot.
>>
Oh look it's another episode of normies blaming robots, mentally ill people, and the very people they ostracized from society for not being happy given the shit they were dealt. Videos like this only work for normies who already have enough to be happy about.
>>
>>37406379
Holy fuck a new cgp grey video? Thanks OP.
>>
>>37406379
I am content. I lowered the bar. The screen makes me happy. Low effort happiness is the best. No need for high effort satisfaction. There are no goals and I don't need to make my own.
>>
>>37406379
Technocratic normie asshat telling me how simple it should be?

Fuck that. I can't. I don't. I can't get up. It just doesn't happen.
>>
>>37406379
"Imagine happiness as a place where happy people are happy all the time. This turns happiness into an unreachable feeling of constant bliss, that no-one has."

Holy shit this is a fucking bullshit.
Normies are unable to recognize how privileged their lives are, they make their own misery in the process, then say "you think I have it so much better than I actually do"
>>
>>37407940
no you're dumb, peoples lives are much deeper than what you see and hear about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqhUHyVpAwE

If you saw me in public I would look normal, healthy, attractive, and successful. What you don't know is that I'm missing half my guts and have to change my colostomy bag every night.
>>
Fucking lol, That part about happiness island was great
>>
So many robots here desperately trying to find an excuse to keep being depressed....
>>
>>37407940
That's actually one of the more sensible parts of the video. Happiness is fleeting, and even more so for a robot. Striving to always be happy only leads to disappointment and worsening bad feels. You don't have to give up, but I started feeling less awful when I stopped getting angry or confused with myself for not being happy more. Accept your fate and go on accordingly
>>
>>37406379
Ted Kaczynski was right about a lot of things. These 7 ways to maximize misery are a direct result of the industrial system.
>>
File: ted-kaczynski.jpg (18KB, 272x218px) Image search: [Google]
ted-kaczynski.jpg
18KB, 272x218px
>>37406379
THE POWER PROCESS

33. Human beings have a need (probably based in biology) for something that we will call the "power process." This is closely related to the need for power (which is widely recognized) but is not quite the same thing. The power process has four elements. The three most clear-cut of these we call goal, effort and attainment of goal. (Everyone needs to have goals whose attainment requires effort, and needs to succeed in attaining at least some of his goals.) The fourth element is more difficult to define and may not be necessary for everyone. We call it autonomy and will discuss it later (paragraphs 42-44).

34. Consider the hypothetical case of a man who can have anything he wants just by wishing for it. Such a man has power, but he will develop serious psychological problems. At first he will have a lot of fun, but by and by he will become acutely bored and demoralized. Eventually he may become clinically depressed. History shows that leisured aristocracies tend to become decadent. This is not true of fighting aristocracies that have to struggle to maintain their power. But leisured, secure aristocracies that have no need to exert themselves usually become bored, hedonistic and demoralized, even though they have power. This shows that power is not enough. One must have goals toward which to exercise one's power.
>>
>>37407940
"Chad", "Stacy" and "normie" are literal incarnations in r9k's culture based on this idea.
You could not go to a psychologist and ask them for even the slightest of a clearer essence of this way of thinking.
>>
>>37406379
This is how I always saw you people
>>
File: goats.jpg (435KB, 1324x1101px) Image search: [Google]
goats.jpg
435KB, 1324x1101px
>>37407028
>>37407239
>>37407300
>>37407940
All of you are red goats
>>
>>37408094

Boo hoo you're a normie that shits in a bag. Most robots would actually be envious.
>>
This video is fucking hilarious because of how relatable it is. Maybe I just have a dark sense of humor.
>>
>tfw you follow almost all those steps before you saw the video
>>
>>37410340

I know, right? Made me feel like I was doing something right for once.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.