[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /r9k/'s opinion on people with Narcissistic Per

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: narcissistic.jpg (25KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
narcissistic.jpg
25KB, 400x270px
What is /r9k/'s opinion on people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Can they be robots?Why are normies making videos like these (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3an9crV9feM) about them?
>>
Elliot Rodger was a diagnosed narcissist and he gets his cocked sucked daily by robots, so I would say yes
>>
>>37404499
bumpity bump dubs
>>
>>37404499
I am very narcissistic. My goal in life is to be better than 99% of my peers in all aspects (looks, physique, knowledge, overall skills, and wealth).

My existence is empty. I wish I could stop. On the one hand, I almost get high when I see a guy that thinks he's the shit but I know I'm better than. On the other hand, I just want a woman to hold me close, and whisper in my ear "you're good enough for me You don't need to continue this act. I will love you no matter what, and I'm proud of how far you've come."
>>
File: MirrorAmandaLove.jpg (1MB, 2399x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MirrorAmandaLove.jpg
1MB, 2399x1600px
>>37404499
its ok to consider yourself extremely special, provided you dont manipulate or beat others down
>>
Had a narcissistic ex. We only lasted a month.
Her goal seemed to be to try to make me feel like I was scum of the Earth, like it was a blessing that she would stay with me.
I wouldn't consider any of them to be robots. They get too much attention.
>>
>>37404499
My dad has NDP. They make excellent robot breeders.

I think they can, if they are such a huge fuck up that their ego can't handle the dissappointment. They'll just implode and curse their own and everyone elses existence. They wont acknowledge their own failures but rather blame it on something else.
>>
>>37404499
I was diagnosed with NPD. That video is armchair psychology bullshit, covert narcissists aren't clinically a thing. This guy is most likely exploiting the "is your husband a narcissistic sociopath?" fad there is these days. The whole thing is a scam with little to no basis in science. His bio says he's working as a "counselor" at a "self-love and recovery institute". If that doesn't tip you off about his lack of medical background I don't know what will.

He's right that narcissists lack empathy and he makes a few accurate points, but he's not describing the disorder. He's describing an abusive personality which happens to be narcissistic (albeit not clinically) and shows a couple common traits with clinical narcissists.
Actually, a few elements in his description of the narcissist are not compatible with an NPD diagnosis.
>>
so, is narcissism a spectrum or nah? I've seen some videos where people say how people who aren't completely miserable empty and manipulative have only narcissistic tendencies. I don't know enough narcissists to make a judgement on this
>>
>>37405528
Narcissistic personality disorder is a personality disorder, which means the entire personality is fucked over. It's different from disorders like depressions (mood disorders) cause it fucks over one's identity and self, and not just the person's relationship with reality or ability to deal with the world.
People who are diagnosed with other personality disorders can have traits from narcissistic personality disorder, meaning they check some of the diagnosis criteria but not everything. In that case, they're referred to as [insert personality disorder] with narcissistic traits. It's common for personality disordered people, especially borderlines, narcissistics and antisocials, to have traits from other personality disorders (or to combine multiple personality disorders).
Lastly as I said there's an armchair psychology trend about "narcissists" or "narcissistic perverts" / "narcissistic sociopaths" which doesn't match any real personality disorder diagnosis. Usually, the people described are closer to pathological liars.
Narcissism is also a generic character flaw, which has nothing to do with mental illness.

To be clinically narcissistic, you need to show a specific set of symptoms, be a fully grown adult, and be unable to function normally in relationships. Clinical narcissists literally live for attention. If they don't know how to keep themselves in check, they can get suicidal from even light criticism and destroy others in an attempt to get the attention they need. They're usually incredibly envious and quick to take offense (robot traits), completely lack empathy (might be a robot trait), and have an extremely distorted self-image (definitely a robot trait). They're not known for being particularly manipulative though, that's an antisocial trait but not especially a narc one.
>>
>>37405776
thing is, my dad shows many symptoms but I'm pretty sure he's not a complete narcissist which makes me wonder what this makes him
>>
>>37405855
Narcs are still human beings. We have bad press, so it's hard for people close to us to understand or accept the diagnosis. People tend to see narcs as more inhuman than they are but we're everywhere haha.
Also, some people manage their condition better than others and keep a lot of their symptoms hidden. Or maybe your dad just has an unfortunate combination of personality traits.
>>
>>37406243
thanks that's good to know. the videos I've seen were by people who were close to narcissists and they made it seem like every narcissist is the devil. but if you ever have kids you should really be careful or you'll fuck up their self esteem or turn them into narcissists themselves
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.