[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you'll never be a great artist >at best you'll

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1441254874455.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1441254874455.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>tfw you'll never be a great artist
>at best you'll only be a mediocre one

I just wanna make great albums and other great words of art
>>
>>37400290
I feel something like that.
I like to write, and I'm not bad at it but everytime I write something I throw it to the trash because is not good enough. And I think it will never be good enough.
>>
>>37400290
I feel you OP

I look at all the great artists I love, and I identify with their lives so much and they were always freaks like me, however I feel like I'm just a weirdo without the talent that would enable me to make refreshing great music
>>
>>37400290
me 3 nugget
>>
Practice makes perfect.
Hard work + ambition > le talent maymay
>>
>>37400290
Not with that attitude you won't. Where do you think the great artists of the past have come from? You can be great if you are willing to put in the effort of becoming great.
>>
>tfw spent an autistic amount of time perfecting technique but have absolutely zero creativity
>tfw you are little more than a human copy machine
>>
>>37400290
>tfw with a drawing talent you could be a new Beksinski and not an edgy sperglord with no plans for the future
>>
>>37400545
this is how I feel 99% of the time

I sit at my computer with synth and guitar and all that comes out is derivative trash

I want to make something imaginative and original but I'm terrified I don't have it in me or that if I try it will be pretentious shit
>>
File: IMAG011 (2).jpg (143KB, 897x572px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG011 (2).jpg
143KB, 897x572px
A lot of crap artists make money,and a lot of "famous" artists never saw a dime while alive. So don't worry about it. Just make art. And since you mentioned albums(and I am guessing album covers), here's a free idea: think of a band's name that to your knowledge isn't in use,and make album covers for them. Suggest subtly what sort of music they might play,and go nuts portraying this in your choice of imagery. This will be your portfolio. Anything goes,anything works. So channel that angst,o Anon!
>>
File: roberttroll1634.jpg (7KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
roberttroll1634.jpg
7KB, 175x175px
>>37400618
How to inspire a musician...

Well,I would hunt down samples. From everywhere and anywhere. Screw around with them and form a baseline, then add to it. Get an attitude established with the beat,and expand upon it. Save versions of every iteration of the work,so you won't have to scrap a whole work from dissatisfaction.

There is a synth-wizard who makes cool songs this way,out of soundbytes of movies,called Pogo...here is one of his videos:

https://youtu.be/qs1bG6BIYlo
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.