[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior yet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: jesus4.jpg (16KB, 301x421px) Image search: [Google]
jesus4.jpg
16KB, 301x421px
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior yet?

If not, then why not?

He will make you new and will give you a new purpose, a new spirit, a new body and a new mind as he has promised in the Bible.

God will completely transform your life, you will finally find peace as you will fulfill your purpose in life.

Remember. Nothing in this life will satisfy. That's why we spend life constantly chasing new pleasures and experiences. The novelty of sex, wealth, fame, pleasure, etc. wears off over time as you all know. Pretty soon you get back to normal. You can't be high forever. There are depressed people right now who have lived the life you dream about. Celebrities who have it all and overdose on drugs. Millionaires end up commiting suicide. Why aren't we never satisfied? Because we're made for a greater purpose and until you stick with that purpose you will always be empty, lost and confused.

You NEETs you loners you broken souls. You are the enlightened ones. You are not drunk and distracted by life and the world. God has blessed you in ways which you don't know. Jesus said blessed are the meek and afflicted - that's you. Because it is we who are weak, afflicted, lonely, depressed, etc. who are open to being saved. Normies are too arrogant and proud to accept salvation.

I am not preaching a religion or asking you to join a Church. I have nothing to offer but the truth which is worth more than anything in the world. That truth which is worth more than the whole world is that Jesus Christ is God and he died on the cross for your sins so you may have eternal life. He exists and you can have a relationship I with him. He has changed the life of
a millions throughout the ages. It never too late to discuss the beauty and the truth that God offers.
>>
God created me the way I am so I could live a miserable, worthless life until I finally work up the courage to shoot myself because of what he did, so then he can send me to hell because he made me miserable.

I'd spit in his face if I got a chance.
>>
im cursed with a rational and reasonably intelligent brain so i cant make that leap of faith
>>
>>37397881
Nope. It's the opposite. God created you with a purpose. You have strayed so far away from God that your heart has been consumed by evil.

You are basically staring at the abyss now and it seems like you are suffering a lot. Jesus Christ can heal that.

>>37397922
What makes you think Christianity is not rational? Also do you believe in God?
>>
>>37397830
I will never understand Christianity.

You say good things about anti-materialism. But you boil it down to a stupid catchphrase..."believe someone died on some stick".

I gues this is why christianity is dying nowadays.
>>
>>37397953

My purpose, apparently, was to suffer. Thanks, God, you sure are benevolent. The only cure for what I am is oblivion, but Christianity says I don't even get that one thing in death.
>>
Christfags need to leave 4chan.
>>
>>37398044
That isn't just someone. That's God himself. Which shows how much he loves us given what he is willing to sacrifice for us.

>>37398161
Why do you think this? How close is your relationship to the Creator and have you attempted to seek peace from God? You are being led astray.
>>
>>37398207

Because my life is one long, unending nightmare. If God loved me, he would have never created me in the first place. So either he's the divine equivalent or f the kid who loves torturing helpless animals or he doesn't exist.
>>
>>37398234

Not the person you're responding to, but can I ask what's so terrible about your life? Can you greentext some details?
>>
File: a.jpg (59KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
59KB, 720x960px
>>37397830

I pray to you God will you pray for me?
>>
>>37398207
>dying on a cross shows how much he loves us

How about giving everyone a gf?

But hey, passing on a dumb story is clearly better.
>>
File: 1108457515.png (430KB, 552x413px) Image search: [Google]
1108457515.png
430KB, 552x413px
There's this dude named Jebus, right? And he's like a cosmic Jewish Zombie and shit. His dad can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove evil forces from your insidy parts, all this because some stupid bitch was tricked by a talking snake into eating magical fruit.

Amen, now let's go molest some altar boys.
>>
>>37398406

Nice comment. What's the screencap from?
>>
>>37398455
Billy and Mandy.
>>
the truth is that everyone and everything in your life will eventually let you down except God

so yea, sucks for people who haven't found Him yet and think that He's unreal. but it's all part of His plan, he's jus waiting for you to get over yourself

bye four chans
>>
>>37398517
God let us down by not revealing himself clearly.

I don't even hate the dude. I just think he needs a better public relations office.
>>
Why does God need to be loved so bad he punishes you if you don't? Don't give me vague answers about His plan or whatever, just a clear reply.
>>
>>37398517
>he's jus waiting for you to get over yourself
I'm not the one prancing around the universe telling people to worship me, lest I throw them into a pit of fire.
>>
File: samurai.jpg (386KB, 1024x786px) Image search: [Google]
samurai.jpg
386KB, 1024x786px
>>37397830
Sorry anon I already picked the weeb class and went with shintoism. I think the bushido code has more to offer me.
>>
>>37398551

Hell is a false doctrine promoted by people who are being destroyed by God at an accelerated rate. There is no such thing as Hell, in fact the new testament gospel accounts don't even contain mention of 'Hell', it's an English word imposed upon three distinct words - two of which come from Greek mythology. The 'doctrine of Hell' came quite a bit after the authors of the gospel accounts, and was then imposed upon it in translation, so that "Hades" and "Gehenna" become "Hell". The parables used to justify this doctrine are actually attempts by non-Christians who believed they were Christian to represent the teaching about God's judgement - fire represents refining what's true and good from what's false and wrong.

You won't hear this from most Christians, as they're acting under a delusion.
>>
>>37398646
what happens to my soul if I act like a dickhead then?
>>
>>37398646
I don't know, man. The lake of fire and all that are in Revelation, which was written by St. John.
>>
>>37398667

All of us who are outside salvation exist only for the sake of judgement. Our lives are basically lived out in darkness, without hope... so we'll all act in bad ways to different degrees. You certainly won't burn in hell for eternity. I believe that whatever you do or whoever you are, your consciousness will be woken at the resurrection of the dead, and you'll be transformed - everyone who was not of the elect will be saved THROUGH the elect. This is how even someone like Hitler (not making any historical claim about the person or what he did or didn't do, just an example of someone most people think is 'evil') can even be woken from death.
>>
>>37398406
Tone it down man.
>>
>>37398729
What's the elect then?
How do I get elected?
>>
https://www.christiantranshumanism.org/about

^ Best Christians
>>
>>37398774

The elect are the people who receive the message of hope from God and respond to it accordingly. This is only a tiny, tiny minority of the number of human beings who have ever lived.

To become one of the elect, you'd have to receive the message in clarity. So people like OP or other Christians in this thread talking about Hell are contributing to obscuring that message.

I can't really go into too many more details at this point.
>>
>>37398646
>the new testament gospel accounts don't even contain mention of 'Hell'

nice sophistry my dude. Obviously Hell is an english word, but it's the closest term for what Jesus describes.

"A fire that cannot be quenched" is how jesus describes gehenna.
>>
>>37398810

>nice sophistry my dude. Obviously Hell is an english word, but it's the closest term for what Jesus describes.

It's not an attempt at Sophistry. It's an important point to make. There are three (or four if you count Sheol in the Old Testament) words that are replaced with 'Hell', to fit a doctrine that was formed by people who weren't the authors of those accounts - by using that single word, it obscures the meaning intended by those authors - which was more in line with the idea of 'refining' 'judgement' fire.

I'll add that I don't believe in new testament gospel accounts, so I don't feel obligated to defend them, but this is an important point.
>>
>>37398810
This

The bottom less pit. Hell is just the absence of God
>>
>>37398789
>https://www.christiantranshumanism.org/about

So basically "I want to be Christian, but not really". In other words, Christian traditionalism. do what you do I guess.
>>
I myself am not a Christian, but there is much, much wisdom to be found in the Christian tradition.

It's a damn shame how close-minded most people are these days to the wisdom of the past. According to the popular agnostic groupthink, the thousands upon thousands of years of Christian theology, philosophy, charity and literature amounts to nothing more than "deluded people believing in a giant sky fairy."

Seriously. It boggles my mind. People are so... ignorant.
>>
>>37398922
>It's a damn shame how close-minded most people are these days to the wisdom of the past.
Are they close-minded really?

I see a lot of ATHEIST life gurus positively mention Jesus nowadays. This discussion OP is having whether we should specfically believe in Jesus' salvation rules. This is different from Jesus' message about anti-materialism and helping the poor.
>>
>>37398849
>It's an important point to make.

I get it. There's a difference in JEWISH thought. You will never get two jews to believe in the same thing. That's why god hates them so much.

But you said gospel. And the gospel could not be clearer about hell. Jesus was from the jewish camp that hell is real and very painful.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.