[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bought used car last week >dont know how to pump gas

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: sadcat.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
sadcat.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>bought used car last week
>dont know how to pump gas
Dreading the day my tank goes empty
>>
How'd you make it to being old enough to drive a car without learning this? Is it tough being a dumb nigger?

Saging this shit thread.
>>
>>37385475
Pls no bully, anon.
I just want to know how to pick a gas pump and how to pump it, when to stop, and how to pay.
>>
JFGI.
>>
>>37385536

>park at gas pump
>remember the number of your gas pump
>tell cashier the amount of money you want to pay for the gas and which gas pump you're playing for
>go to gas pump
>there are 3 nozzles to choose from, you're probably going to go with the cheapest option
>open up your gas tank (twist left to open )
>put nozzle in car and pull trigger
>there's a latch on the nozzle that you can move to hold the trigger for you
>wait until no more gas pours out
>undo latch
>put nozzle back in gas pump
>close gas tank (turn right to close)

Make sure your engine is off before pumping gas. Lock the car doors when you leave your car, but don't forget the car keys!
>>
>>37385536
>pay for gas
I think debit cards are robot approved here bc you don't have to talk to anyone
>select fuel
unless you have a Ferrari, go with regular unleaded
>put nozzle in car
>wait for gas to stop pumping
it's that easy anon
>>
okay, so first you need to locate your gas cap. you need to know what side it is and pull up to the pump on that side. generally, it's on the drivers side.

you might have to release the latch that guards the cap in your car - you will know if you cannot just open the hatch with your fingers.

now if you have a credit card just put it inside the pump machine. most pumps have them right in the machine - but shitty ones have little 'stations' that you need to go to.

if you're using money - you must make note of the pump number up top (like 1-3), go inside, say "$10 on pump 3"

then you come back out and pick the gas unleaded for almost all vehicles. you will know this is right because it is the cheapest.

you press unleaded and then you pick up the pump. take the nozzle to the uncapped gas hole and place it inside. now you pull the trigger and wait for your car to fill
>>
>>37385740

not a good idea to use credit/debit at gas pump since it's easy to steal personal info in that space. All you're telling the cashier is $20 on <gas pump number> and the social interaction is done after a thank you. This guy is already driving a car and has a job so he's not a total robot that he can't phantom any social interaction.
>>
Look on which side your gas tank is so you don't park on the wrong side. Stop a bit further away from the required gas type, your gas tank is generally at the back end of the car so you need to stop a little further.

You can look on the internet which type of gas your car needs. The type of gas is shown on the gas nozzle so you can easily spot which one to take.

Open the panel of your tank. If it opens by hand, no problem. If it opens with a lever in the car, look for it at home so you're not looking for it for ages at the gas station.

Gas nozzles activate when you take them out of their holding place. Put the nozzle in your gas reservoir and press the trigger to start pumping. Watch the display on the pump to see the amount of gas you've pumped already. This also shows the price. When you are done, put the nozzlegas back in the pump.

Pumps have numbers. Go to the cashier and just say: Pump X, please. X stands for the number on the pump so like for example: Pump 3, please.

Pay.

Drive off.

Oh and turn off your engine before you start pumping!

I hope it's understandable enough, English is not my native language. Good luck, robro
>>
>>37385782
forgot to say; some pumps are huge faggots and you have to lift the lever that the nozzle sits in. these are pretty stupid so if you can't figure out the pump either go inside and ask or so somewhere else.
>>
>>37385796
>not a good idea to use credit/debit at gas pump
it's 100% fine unless you live in niggersville.
>>
>>37385796
True, I didn't think about that
I have lived around my town long enough I just filter out the sketchy gas stations and have one I always go to
plus, my bank calls customers when irregular spending happens or if my card was used at a compromised business
plus talking to the cashier scares me senpai
>>
>>37385796
>not a good idea to use credit/debit at gas pump
most credit cards are fraud-protected and it's pretty hard to get a skimmer on the pump anyway when there are always people there pumping their gas and there are cameras on the pumps
>>
>>37385938
a gas station in the shttier part of town where I live had a skimmer on half of its pumps, but you could.tell it was a bad place to get gas
>>
>>37385968
i mean that's unfortunate but very rare. and with stuff like this one call to the bank will have that money back in your account within hours by calling the number on your card
>>
I just asked someone else at another pump if they'd help and show me how, they where more then happy to take the 20 seconds to show me
>>
>want to take motorcycle riding lessons
>want to buy motorcycle
>stupid shit like "how do I even find a gas station" terrify and discourage me
>let alone stuff like "what happens if I drop the bike?"

I wish I could stop overanalyzing things...
>>
>>37386006
are you a cute girl or did you ask an old lady
>>
>Live in Canada
>Literally 80% of gas stations are full service
>I just sit there awkwardly while they pump my gas and clean my windows for me
>>
>>37385286
Im sure there is a wiki how article that will explain it to you, retard.
>>
>>37385286
I didn't know how to pump gas until I was 19. that's also when I got my license, but I don't drive anymore.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.