[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being so sensitive? I lost my best friend because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

How do I stop being so sensitive?

I lost my best friend because of his girlfriend talking shit about me all the time and I've never felt so bad in my life. Our friendship has suddenly ended and he doesn't seem like it hurt him a lot.

I couldn't sleep for three nights straight, feel like it's all my fucking fault for being a terrible person and I can't stop crying.

How can I get over it?
>>
it takes time, growing up, learning from the experience(s).
>>
File: 1495328872652.jpg (16KB, 500x322px)
1495328872652.jpg
16KB, 500x322px
>>37378425
>"""Best friend""" leaves you because of a fucking girl
He really wasn't a friend if he put a relationship over your friendship.
I think it is actually good that you aren't friend with such a pathetic human being anymore.
>>
He sounds massively pussy-whipped. Good riddance for you I say.
>>
File: 1477921910421.png (335KB, 633x758px)
1477921910421.png
335KB, 633x758px
>>37378688
>>37378697
It took so much time.

We were best friends for five years.

Then he met her and everything went to shit. Everyone is complaining about this fucking whore - his family, friends, me.

It took five months of them being together to completely destroy our friendship. She manipulates the shit out of him.

I'm so fucking hurt I don't even want to be friends with him anymore, I just want him to suffer and see how this girl ruined absolutely everything in his life.

>>37378661
How am I supposed to ever open up to anyone again? This shit is fucking unbearable.
>>
>>37378425
I'm trying to do the same as you OPand care less about what others think of me. I think the way we can do this is by seeking acceptance from within rather than from others. If we love ourself for who we are and what we do, why would we care what others think about us?

You seem like a nice person, so you should start talking to yourself like you would talk to a best friend.
>>
>>37378754
Sounds like something that could be happening in my life, too, anon. Does. Is your friend a SJW by chance? Why does he think you're a horrible person?
>>
File: scatman5.jpg (67KB, 502x706px) Image search: [Google]
scatman5.jpg
67KB, 502x706px
>>37378754
OP the same thing happened to me, like, the same exact thing.

Except I was friend with this nigga for 7 years, y'know.
After that I just learned that trust is a bad thing, so now I don't trust anyone so I won't be hurt next time this happens, I'll be just like "Hehe, knew it".
Just learn not to become too attached to people.

By the way, my experience also proves that the phrase "If it is a 7-year long friendship it is true friendship" is bullshit.
>>
File: hotlinemiami_siteheader.gif (769KB, 1130x665px) Image search: [Google]
hotlinemiami_siteheader.gif
769KB, 1130x665px
>>37378780
I already accepted myself a long time ago.

That's the problem. I had a lot of issues with myself but I started accepting them. I found some hobbies, started working out. Finally felt like I had value.

And then he told me about how his girlfriend said "don't you think anon has changed a lot? I mean your friendship may not have changed, but isn't he different? he parties a lot and he's going to ruin his life" and he started wondering about it.

>>37378811
He's not an SJW and I'm not a /pol/ person, so that isn't the problem. He thinks that I'm going to ruin my life because I party a lot, even though this is the first period of my life in which I'm actually satisfied with who I am and what I do.

Also it's not like he doesn't. He's done more fucked up shit than I ever have. He's saying that he's "worried" about me.

>>37378874
Please, guide me anon. How do I learn to live on my own after making so much effort to become a likeable person? I can't just survive without putting any trust in other people.
>>
File: 1493862659756.jpg (139KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493862659756.jpg
139KB, 1280x1280px
>>37378425

Detach yourself for life, treat life as one big joke.

I can't take life or people seriously unless I've been medicated. Personally, even if it involves me, I will just smile and laugh because nothing matters and what's happening is "exciting". It's so easy to slip back into old neurotic habits to stop giving a fuck and start just having maniacal "fun". You need to just simply stop taking problems so seriously. This sounds bad, however in the end you need to realize, that you are going to die someday soon. This isn't "live every day like it's your last", it's "shit happens, it's just another day". With this you'll be able to get over most any problems, anything else, you'll just repress.

Tell yourself every single day that something happens "Just another day". Laugh at life's going on. Entertain yourself by whatever means. Soon you will realize that nothing really matters, you are alive only to serve yourself and your entertainment is up to you. People WILL forget about you, you WILL leave nothing when you die.

There is nothing a new zip code can't repair.

Pic related.
>>
>>37378944
Normies have weird thoughts going on.
>>
>>37378944
>"worried"
His girlfriend has convinced him to cast judgement on others. It's more or less what's happening with me. Let him go. He'll either realize his error or suffer for it.
>>
File: 1494242208711.png (128KB, 579x523px) Image search: [Google]
1494242208711.png
128KB, 579x523px
>>37378944
I'm not saying you have to put absolutely 0% trust into people.
Just not too much, because then you'll end up like this.

Lesson #1:
Never think that it is impossibile that your friendship with someone might end, don't give them too much trust thinking that they will never leave you, because when they'll eventually do you'll just be all sad and stuff like now.
As that other Anon said, treat other people as one big joke, they're not anything serious, just an experience that will eventually end.
Knowing that it will end will make you less sad when it ends, and muck happier if it actually doesn't.

Lesson #2:
To get over this, just enjoy watching his life eventually falling apart because of that girl.
>>
>>37378976
That's how I lived earlier. I felt no sense of direction and felt lost. Alone in this big world, like I was an outsider or something.

Basically I started recovering when I let go of cynicism and stopped browsing /r9k/. This is my first time on this board in two years.

>>37379030
I very much hope so, there's nothing I'd enjoy more than him apologizing to me.

>>37379157
Won't it make me miserable though? I don't want to have such a negative outlook on life.
>>
>>37379279
I would not put all your eggs in the "him apologizing" basket. He prepared to relish his suffering, or simply ignore it.
>>
File: 17 - 8.jpg (10KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
17 - 8.jpg
10KB, 205x246px
>>37379279
Well I have a very cold personality but I'm also good at socializing so people just don't realize I think they are a joke because I don't let them realize it.
I mean you don't have to tell people "Hey you're just an experience to me y'know? I'm just waiting for when you'll leave me, so let's have fun in the meantime."

Lesson #3
Do not make them realize you think they are an experience, a very cold and introverted personality really helps. But I dunno what your personality is.
>>
>>37379461
I'm extraverted and warm, so that might be a problem. I don't have that much empathy though, I'm very selfish.

But I'm oversensitive.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.