[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just got back from job interview >they told me to come

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

>just got back from job interview
>they told me to come to orientation on Saturday
>pretty sure NEETlyfe is over now

Fuck, looks like I'm a wagie now, what's in store for me retailcucks?
>>
>>37365828

it'll be "exciting" for a couple months. Meeting people, having money, feeling like less of a waste of space. Eventually you'll be longing for the neet life again but don't do it
>>
When working retail:

>memorize customer interactions like a script, but inject a positive attitude into the tone of your voice
>try your hardest to get along with every single co-worker
>if a customer is being an asshole, don't be an asshole back
>if you don't know what to do, contact your manager
>show up to your shift at-least 5 minutes early

I'm a social retard, but even I could get a hold of the ropes of retail when I worked it.

Best of luck, anon.
>>
>>37365866
>>37366042
Thanks lads.
I'm a little worried I asked for too many hours though, would it be bad if I asked them to cut down my hours before I start?
>>
>>37366097
How many hours did you ask for?
>>
>>37365828
shitty jobs are a pretty easy way to make friends although they'll likely be druggies or losers like you. Retail will also force you to deal with people and you might learn to be less of an autist from that.
>>
>>37366124
I said I would prefer around 30 or just under. I said I would be cool with whatever they give me though.

I honestly don't need or want to work 30 hours a week since I don't spend much money, I just felt compelled to say 30 because of my autism
>>
File: 1494554963052.png (47KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1494554963052.png
47KB, 420x420px
>>37365828
*chuckles* all these wagie threads today sure make my superior NEET cock diamond hard
>>
>>37366375
30 hours is really not that much and youll get used to it fast
it would look bad to ask to cut down your hours this soon and a little extra cash isn't going to hurt
>>
File: 1494166927120.png (27KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494166927120.png
27KB, 300x250px
>>37365828
AHEM... *traps side of coffee cup*
I get that you're excited but I really cannot even understand what you're talking about until I get through this bad boy here. *taps mug again*

Let me finish this first, and THEN you can tell me all about it ok?
>>
>>37366152
>they'll likely be druggies or losers like you
>like you
>>
>>37365828
daily ragies
>>
Look I'm not gonna lie it's going to be shit, but you'll get benefits from it (beyond cash and experience for your resume).

Working matured me a lot. I'm not saying I became a shining beacon of enlightenment but I was a lot more chilled out after. Little ragey things weren't a big deal, I became better at talking to people and resolving conflicts, I was confident in saying things like "I'll get that done, no problem" and making sure I pulled my weight.

Like, it'll suck ass. You'll hate it. But I'm glad I worked for a few years before going back to study.

>>37366594
not gonna lie I'm loving on this "don't talk to me until I've had my morning coffee" meme pepe
>>
>>37366375
Honestly. Take the big hours now, get as many under your belt while the job is still new and relatively exciting.

Because in a few months it'll become a drivel and even 10 hours a week will seem like hell
>>
>>37365828
I was a wagie for a month before quitting and going back to NEET life. My manager and co-workers were always poking fun at my autism. I had this one co-worker that would always tell me I looked scary and miserable and should work in a factory. Fucking roastie would never leave me alone. Truth is I looked so sad all of the time because the job made me severely depressed and anxious. Don't expect anything good out of it besides money. You WILL be dealing with stupid normies and it will be hard to adjust. Meditate, sleep well, and take it step by step.
>>
>>37366375
30 hours isn't that bad. I have a full-time (40 hours/week) job and I find some weeks just fly by.

Assuming you're working minimum wage (or close to it), try to get the 30 hours so your paychecks aren't complete shit. Even if you don't spend much, you'll probably like being able to build a little nest in a bank account.
>>
File: 1417794876813.jpg (37KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
1417794876813.jpg
37KB, 816x612px
it will be hard to adjust to selling your day at first, but after a while work becomes a kind of white noise and you basically just have to show up and let yourself go on autopilot.

it becomes like a second sleep to divide your day in two, only instead of feeling good and rested after waking up you feel bad and tired.

it will also train your social skills, depending on the job. within a month of working my first job and being forced to address coworkers and customers of all different sorts of people i got over a lot of my anxiety.
>>
I have a job interview in an hour.
I'm fucking shitting myself.
>>
>>37368228
where do you see yourself in 5 years?
(do not say sucking dick, for the love of god do not say sucking dick)
>>
>>37368301
the fuck, how am i supposed to answer this
>>
>>37368301
Working with the same company but having risen to a more senior position and haven taken on more responsibilities.
>>
guys i start my first day at dairy queen tomorrow :( working 6-10 making 10.75 and im going to be making the blizzards/ice cream
>>
>>37368348
is it one with hot foods too?
the DQ non ice cream menu is actually pretty legit

>>37368321
some form of bullshit is probably the best course of action
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.