[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At the river with my only friends, doggo and whiskey trying to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1850.jpg (1MB, 2233x2232px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1850.jpg
1MB, 2233x2232px
At the river with my only friends, doggo and whiskey trying to escape the loneliness. What keeps you going robots?
>>
literally nothing plus I got no whiskey or doggo
>>
>he frequently goes outside.

Sure is normie in here
>>
I'm driving three hours up north on Wednesday to go camping by myself for a few nights, OP. Cheers!

Just came back from two and a half weeks in Ecuador. In late June, I'm flying to Mexico, spending a month there, and then moving on to Tanzania, Ethiopia, Egypt, and India.

I work my ass off to afford traveling, but I'm getting to a point where constantly jetting off to here and there has gotten old.

I suppose what keeps me going now is the prospect of finally graduating and being able to apply for jobs which might provide some semblance of intellectual fulfillment.

No regrets about the places I've been or people I've met, but I don't want to keep going without a degree. I can't fucking take doing menial shit any longer.
>>
>>37363759
pretty much just jacking off and smoking weed

originally, though
>>
>>37363759
I have malignant narcissism. I think of myself as a prince and it would be a waste for me to die
>>
>>37363882

pretty much just jacking off and smoking weed
>>
>>37363813
You're here so there definitely something.

>>37363824
Have you ever tried it anon? I highly recommend it.

>>37363875
What do you do for a living that you can afford that? Pretty bummed I missed out on my families camping trip this year. Was stuck wage slaving for 11$ an hour instead.

>>37363882
Weed is pretty nice but I'm taking a tolerance break, indica or sativa my man?
>>
I walk with my doggo and post here. That;s a good doggo, tho
>>
>>37363759
How are you getting home?
>>
>>37364023

I worked as a delivery driver to fund my first few trips while in university.

After a couple years, I got a job in logistics which paid fairly well. That gave me more than enough money to do what I wanted, when I wanted, but I wound up quitting last summer - the work was even more mind-numbing than delivery but without the physical aspect of being able to get up and walk around.

Now I have a part-time job and do freelance writing. Writing provides me with between $1,000 and $2,000 per month, which is fine to travel to most developing countries almost indefinitely.
>>
>>37364075
how did you get into freelance writing?
>>
>>37364029
Thanks anon, his name is Onyx.

>>37364057
Driving like the irresponsible shit that I am.

>>37364075
Congrats on hitting the jackpot, what subjects do you write about, are they published? I was decent at writing short stories and poems once. Won a few online competitions but probably not good enough to make money. Especially not now.
>>
>>37364116

I wrote essays for students for a while.

When an opportunity to write for a magazine came around when I was in another country, I used some of my academic work to put together a portfolio.

The editor was impressed and offered me an year-long contract doing entertainment reviews.

I didn't earn much, but it got my name in print and let me put a concrete series of achievements on my resume.

Found a part-time position in January. The editor loved my work and moved me up to full-time within three weeks; that posting brings me about $1,000 per month for between five and eight hours of work per week.
>>
>>37363759
cocaine and easy woman.
>>
>>37364177

It's really not a jackpot - I definitely don't want to continue writing for these rates for the rest of my life.

I mostly write about issues pertaining to politics, the law, and litigation.

When I go to South Asia again in September, I'd like to do intense research on the conditions underlying India's social inequality. I'm hoping to learn a fair amount about the factors which keep the poor, poor, as well as the Naxalite (Maoist) insurgency in the eastern states.

Eventually I'd like to write a novel about my experiences in India, although that won't happen until I'm confident I have something to write that hasn't already been written by other white people.

I also want to write a historical narrative of the Ahiska peoples in Russia and Turkey, which I don't expect to make much money.

Sorry, really fucking bored right now.
>>
>>37364276
sounds pretty cool anon. I contemplated writing for a website called academiccomposition.com for awhile. its an essay writing service. i was skeptical it would pay that much. maybe ill do it on the side. I have a full-time job right now but it gets cut in august
>>
>>37364327

Honestly, I'd stay away from academic writing.

I charged a pretty penny per page and did everything from capstone projectors to graduate theses.

The money was good but I'm at a point where I turn down a lot of my old clients. The reward from doing essays is short-term - you get a fair deal of cash but usually don't need any regular contracts. Pay is irregular, there's stress about getting caught, and some clients can get downright obnoxious.

The worst part is that you're doing loads of work for which you'll never receive any credit and can't include on a resume.

I'm graduating late - it's my own fault - but I do sometimes find myself thinking angry thoughts at how many idiots I helped graduate at the expense of my time.
>>
>>37364276
I hope those dreams of yours come to fruition anon, you're obviously intelligent enough to make it happen. Sadly my intellectual pursuits have been abandoned to face the existential crisis that is my life in the face of decades of depression. I wish I could make even a fraction of the contribution to society and the understanding of people that you're going to. Good luck with everything.
>>
>>37364467

Thanks, Anon, but it's easier said than done.

I've had a hard time keeping myself motivated and am very afraid that whatever writing I push out won't live up to my own expectations. It's a scary thought.

We'll see. I've met a handful of great people over the course of the past few years who have given me the confidence to at least try.

I hope everything picks up for you at some point. I'm sure there are plenty of ways for you to contribute to society; it's never too late to do something, no matter how small.
>>
>>37364413
all those things considered, i think its really cool you spent university traveling, cultivating nuanced interests, and going through those experiences. that sounds alot better than partying and fucking roasties.
>>
>>37364528

I've had a blast, but I'm ready to wrap up my last couple semesters once I come back to the United States in January.

Traveling is great, but I think I've reached a point where I want to start producing rather than just taking in experiences and places for my own pleasure. I don't think I could ever be the kind of guy who spends half his life on the road for the sheer sake of it, however tempting the prospect may be.

I just want to do something that I can be proud of and which helps other people - basically anything but the kind of part-time bullshit I'm doing now.
>>
>>37363759
nothing at work days. Only youtube asmr and imageboards. Fek. Weekends it'll be liqqer n possibly vidya
>>
>>37364497
Thanks for saying that. Don't be afraid to cut yourself some slack every now and then. But expectations or no I have a strong feeling whatever you put out is going to be top shelf.
>>
>>37364590
>part-time bullshit.

iktf anon, you'll do fine
>>
>>37364623

Thanks, Anon - I really hope that's the case.

Getting started has always been the hardest part for me.

Try to get out and do something good, too. I know it isn't easy, but I'm sure there's something you can do to boost yourself up a little bit.
>>
>>37364606
This is pretty much me. ASMR literally saved my life too.Theres nothing like having someone whispering affectionately in your ear when you're at your lowest and would otherwise be alone to wrestle with your most depreciating thoughts. Thank God for those people.
>>
File: 1494906971631.jpg (200KB, 764x512px) Image search: [Google]
1494906971631.jpg
200KB, 764x512px
You're lucky, I wish I had a pet, it would help with the crippling loneliness.
>>
>>37364645
I'll try, and thanks for the motivation. It actually does mean something to me reading those words.
>>
>>37364723
To be honest yes the only reason I'm even alive right now. I was a hairs breath from joking the Army in 2008 as infranty so I could at least die in combat. I backed out at the last second when I had the greenlight and everything because I couldn't leave him.

Why can't you have a pet? You should think about getting a rat if your living situation is the problem. No joke they're pretty cuddly and intelligent.
>>
>>37364847
I want rats but I won't get them while I have a cat. I looked into it though and it seems like a lot of money and work for two animals that live for like 5 years.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.