[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for robots born in 1995-1997(cusp of Millennials and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 5d4.jpg (370KB, 672x800px) Image search: [Google]
5d4.jpg
370KB, 672x800px
Question for robots born in 1995-1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen Z).

Do you associate your childhood more closely with Millennial things like Blockbuster, Jimmy neutron, Yu gi oh, PS1, PS2, N64, Drake and Josh, Pokemon Gens 1-3, Gorillaz, Discman, Malcolm in the middle, Cyberchase, Tamagotchi, Osmosis Jones, original Ben 10(came out in 2005 so it barely slips in), Kim Possible, and having crushes on Avril lavigne, Britney spears, Jenny wakeman, and the Dark magician girl?

Or Gen Z things like streaming movies on Netflix, CN Real, Hannah Montana, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, Bakugan, The Dark knight, Pokemon Gens 4-6, Justin Bieber, Twilight, Chowder, Marvelous misadventures of Flapjack, Adventure Time, Silly bandz, and having crushes on Justin bieber, Harry styles, and "qt thick traps" - NOT girls, because Vice told you it was "hip" and "cool" to be homosexual?
>>
1996 Here.
Definitely Millenial things. Had a PS2, watched Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network every day.
Powerpuff girls, Samurai Jack, Courage the dog. Good times.
>>
>>37361798
out of those lists probably millennial, but I skipped a large amount of pop culture. I remember and interacted better with gen z things, but I prefer millennial things
>>
File: Chisaki school uniform.jpg (662KB, 1280x1582px) Image search: [Google]
Chisaki school uniform.jpg
662KB, 1280x1582px
I was born in 1987, do I count as being on the cusp?
>>
File: image.png (217KB, 652x834px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
217KB, 652x834px
>>37361798
Definitely the "millennial" section
Which is why I hate the people who claim that 95 is the generational turn instead of the much more logical 00
>>
>>37361798
I'm both.
I had all of these things and watched all of them.
>>
>>37361798
>Having a crush on Jenny Wakeman
And Gaz. Don't forget Gaz.
>CN Real
Oh fuck I forgot that was a thing. Why did you have to remind me?
Also Twilight was definitely aimed at millennials.
>>
>>37361798
95 here and everything from millennial was my childhood
>>
Why the fuck does this same thread keep getting posted? Fuck off faggot OP
>>
>>37361857
No you're firmly in the millennials. You clearly remember 9/11 and N64 and Pokemon were your childhood pastimes. Doesn't get more millennial than that.

Gen Z is associated with things like the Wii, Justin bieber, and Hannah montana which were way out of your demographic.
>>
I'm sort of put of range by a year, I was born in 98 and I say for me it was a good mix. I watched the gen y cartoons, that's what was on.

I'd say 9 to preteen consisted of gen x stuff like what you mentioned as well as the cartoons.

I think I was born in a perfect time, enough to know what it's like to live without today's tech, kind of appritiate it more growing up as it evolved with the years. Probobly one of, if not the last generations to have a flip phone.
>>
>>37362086
I was 96 and I got into Hannah Montana, no shame
>>
>>37362510
That's why 1995-1997 is "the cusp". Because those born in those years have one foot in the door and one foot out of it
>>
>>37361901
>gaz
Holy fuck same
>>
>>37361798
This is at least your 3rd thread DMG anon. Have you gotten your answer yet?
>>
>>37362613
>>37361901
I hated Gaz as a kid. I don't see why everyone praises her. She was generic and one-dimensional, and only cared about herself. Other goth characters from cartoons had nicer traits or were at least tsundere, but Gaz was just full-on jerkiness.

Tak is the patrician's choice.
>>
>>37361798
End of 96
All of those things were a part of my childhood but I remember gen Z stuff better and feel like it was around for a longer part of my childhood. I don't remember 9/11
>>
>>37363410
Dark magician girl or Harry styless?
>>
>>37361823
Dark magician girl, or Justin bieber?
>>
>>37361798
Mid 1995, definitely the millennial stuff with the exception of Twilight. Game consoles I would associate most with would be the Gamecube, PS1, GBC, GBA, and DS.

Ben 10 I would call Gen Z honestly.
>>
>>37364510
I think Ben 10 can slip into late Gen Y. Here is my autistic explanation.

Ben 10(original) came out in 2005, and was at the height of its popularity in summer 2006, so I think it just barely can be lumped into the last vestiges of the "old generation" of kids' media. Remember, summer 2006, was right before late 2006, when everything changed. In late 2006, movies were beginning to look more brand new. Blu Rays coming on the scene. The 7th generation of gaming hitting full swing. New TV shows such as DEXTER, Heroes etc. Hannah Montana and High School Musical became the faces of teen sitcoms, replacing antiquated early 2000s stuff like Lizzie mcguire and Even stevens. New TV networks, such as WB turning into CW. Malcolm in the Middle ended. Wii and PS3 released. New actors and celebs beginning to appear. Pluto stopped being a planet. Social media booming in popularity. By late 2006, we were clearly en route to the 2010s.
>>
>>37361838
Dark magician girl, or harry styles, which one is more fuckable?
>>
>>37361798
I was born in 1998. I identify with millennial things like Blockbuster and PS2. My time being nine to thirteen was a haze, but I remember discovering 4chan in 2011 so that's kinda cool.

Yes, I was literally that twelve year old newfag everyone ragged on.
>>
File: 1491725000600.png (221KB, 500x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491725000600.png
221KB, 500x768px
97 here I want to go back to the days of watching Spider-Man TAS, X-Men, Fantastic 4 and Action Man while checking out good music videos like the ones Britney Spears and Linkin Park had.
Only thing from Gen Z I closely associate my childhood with is Halo 3. I used to play that game every day and it was the most fun I've ever had with a game. GTA 4 was great too.
>>
This thread comes up every single fucking week and it never promotes any good discussion. What the fuck are you trying to achieve here?
>>
>>37361798
I'm 1998 and I relate more the millennial things than Gen Z. First console was PS1 and handheld was Gameboy.
>>
>>37361798
>>Do you associate your childhood more closely with Millennial things like Blockbuster, Jimmy neutron, Yu gi oh, PS1, PS2, N64, Drake and Josh, Pokemon Gens 1-3, Gorillaz, Discman, Malcolm in the middle, Cyberchase, Tamagotchi, Osmosis Jones, original Ben 10(came out in 2005 so it barely slips in), Kim Possible, and having crushes on Avril lavigne, Britney spears, Jenny wakeman, and the Dark magician girl?
yeah
>>
>>37361798
Millennial things. Watching Malcolm with my family when I was a lad brings comfy memories. Also add runescape and linkin park here

>>37365283
>Yes, I was literally that twelve year old newfag everyone ragged on.
We all went through this senpai
>>
>>37361798
Gen Z here.
Nintendo DS, Bakugan, Pokemon, Jetix, Power Rangers, Titan A.E.
>>
>>37361798
1995 here and everything you listed I consider part of my childhood besides maybe netflix. When I think childhood netflix i think of getting dvds in the mail. I grew up when blockbuster and netflix coexisted. I used to always think that redbox was going to take over both of them.
>>
File: tumblr_olzozvAWpl1s2v2z3o1_500.jpg (44KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olzozvAWpl1s2v2z3o1_500.jpg
44KB, 500x282px
>>37361798
1997, checking in.
I closely relate to the Millenial list a lot more than the Gen Z one. But I do remember watching Hannah Montana, Chowder and Flapjack (which is god tier).
>>37363169
I heard she's a lot better in the new comics and that Vasquez gave her and Dib a more brother-sister friend/relationship.
>>
Datamining thread #3920
>>
>>37365227
DMG because 2d girl.
>>
>>37361798
Millennial things.

Although fetishes are more degenerate shit like furry.

In my mind "growing up" is still fixed with being like the teenagers/adults of when i was a child (i.e. "when I'm bigger i'm going to have a flip phone") and it really fucks with my head. Even just buying the damn things i wanted as a kid hasn't made it go away.
>>
born in 95.
Everything I did with ps2 psx and other melenial things felt way better than gen z things to be honest.
gen z can fuck themselves.
>>
>>37361798
I was born in 99 and I associate more with the former.... although with the nextgen consoles
>>
>>37361964
This, I'm getting tired of this thread. It's gets overdone and it's not just on this board.
>>
>>37361798
1994. Definitely millennial things, although I never stopped like/following Pokemon and think the newer gens are completely fine. Better in some areas.
>>
I was born in 1994 and don't fit into either group.
You're assuming groups are based on media consumption rather than culture.
>>
I was born in 1998. So I have a mix of both.

From ages 1-9:
>Code Lyoko
>Drake and Josh
>When the X-Games were still cool
>Jackass and Viva La Bam
>Aqua Teen Hunger Force
>Wannabe Anarchist punk bands like Anti-Flag
>Chain wallets
>How everything had some sort of futuristic tech influence
>Watching Bleach and Inuyasha on Adult Swim

From ages 10-15:
>MW2 Trickshotting
>Halo 3
>Having Justin Bieber hair
>Bring Me The Horizon
>I Set My Friends On Fire
>Smosh
>Minecraft Lets Plays
>Bad Luck Brian memes
>>
This exact thread is on /soc/
Leave this realm.
>>
>>37367968
Why were you there to begin with?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.