[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do i have shit job if i work about 47 hours for 11.50 and change

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 751267982_269.jpg (87KB, 708x598px) Image search: [Google]
751267982_269.jpg
87KB, 708x598px
do i have shit job if i work about 47 hours for 11.50 and change air brake shoes, grease trucks, change oil and take off valve covers

i take home about 400 dollars a week after taxes

some dudes on b told me im poor or something so id figure id ask you guys

are most jobs hard ive only had this job and sometimes theres nothing happening so ill sweep floors and stuff other times it busy
>>
>>37358028

There's both easier and heavier labor jobs mayne, 400 a week is fine, depends on your living costs I guess, but it's glorious if you're with your parents still, just save up, interest and compound the hell out of it and you'll automatically raise your salary every month too. Don't buy stupid shit.
>>
>>37358158
thats what i thought thanks
>>
Oh, yea, are those brakes rusted to kingdom come at times btw? Do you renovate pistons too?
>>
>>37358028
For mechanic work that's shit pay. I moved boxes around for more cash. You might want to search for a better paying job
>>
If you make anything under 70-80k per year after 23ish you've failed.
>>
>>37358459
dude what jobs paybthat much and are entry level?
>>
>>37358482
Hell if I know. I don't even have a job right now
>>
>>37358459
Did boomers discover 4chan at last?
>>
>>37358028
yea dude that sounds like dogshit.

>be me
>be merchandiser getting paid 16/hr
>drive around to 4-5 supermarkets a day
>put boxes of cookies and crackers on shelf
>no direct supervision
>easy to milk hours
>check into and out of stores on in-house app on a work provided iphone
>easily able to say i was at the store for 2 hours when, in actuality, i only worked for 1 hour and sat in my car in the parking lot for another hour
>get paid weekly
>1.5 overtime
>easy to get overtime if you milk hours
>paychecks range from 500-600 per week

I advise all robots to look into merchandising for big snack companies like frito lay, nabisco, kelloggs etc. I literally drive around all day and do very light, tedious labor. robot friendly all the way. pay ranges from 15-18$/hr
>>
>>37358028
Holy shit do you work at a TA too? I'm a service writer in a TA shop and it is the most wageslaving bullshit job I've done. I'd rather shovel shit for minimum wage than make $11.00 an hour there dealing with my kike bosses and buttfuck retard truckers.
>>
>>37358537
let me not forget that i also get 250$ + 13 cents per mile every month in mileage reimbursement
>>
>>37358543
whats TA? i dont ever do engine work or pull transmissions out but i service trucks and change brake shoes and drums

i guessbits the light duty stuff

im pathetic
>>
>>37358518
Not a Boomer. 21 and Mae min wage and recently fired. Just saying thats basically the bar if you wanna consider yourself a successful wagie.
>>
>>37358459
So in order to not fail I need to work in finance or own my own successful business at 23. Gotcha.
>Tfw 24 and already a failure
>>
>>37358594
>whats TA? i dont ever do engine work or pull transmissions out but i service trucks and change brake shoes and drums
>i guessbits the light duty stuff
>im pathetic

"TA" stands for "Travel Centers of America", it's a truck stop chain with hundreds of locations across North America. The only things TA service shops do are the light type repairs you were describing. The jobs atmosphere is like a cross between McDonald's and an actual repair shop. Our "technicians" make pretty much exactly what you make too except once they work there for a few years they start pulling $20-$30 hourly commision.
>>
>>37358594
>Changing truck brakes is considered "light duty"
I'll never understand how they apply these terms. Those drums and heavy as fuck.
You also need to at least find your way into a dealer or some shit. Nobody should only make $11/hr. to even touch a truck.
>>
>>37358459
yep. seriously if you're not able to pull down an entry-level engineering salary you fucked up.
>>
>>37359140
hell yeah the heavy duty drums ive changed on a fire truck where 140 lbs lol

and its loud isibg a 1 inch impact

i really want to drive a truck but ive only ever drove a 5 speed car 1 time and even then i stalled it a lot at first
>>
>>37358594
>whats TA? i dont ever do engine work or pull transmissions out but i service trucks and change brake shoes and drums
>i guessbits the light duty stuff
>im pathetic

Oh and you're not pathetic, at least not for that reason anon. Heavy truck mechanics is a great field to be in and you will start pulling a decent pay check if you stick to it. I'm honestly pretty envious anon, I fucking hate being a shop service writer and dealing with pissed off people all day, I'd rather be out in the shop doing oil changes and tires.
>>
sounds like a good job and you're just not being paid enough.
>>
You are living a life of luxury compared to the rest of the world. All you could want to hope to change pertains to your own perceived worth and ambition.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.